PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 135 - The Little Shop(ping) Horrors?

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
LOLOLOL,

I thought we could do a "shopping" thread this week....
You know, Get into the spirit of shopping, pushing and punching! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :(

----------------------------

First let's say a prayer for all the people who work in retail....selling, stocking and ringing up those sales.....I hope all your transactions are pleasant...AMEN!

-----------------------------

I am bent more and more to just give out Gift Certificates or cash.....I know
It's lazy but.....I give what people want!!!! :rolleyes:

I have the coffee on and toast......anyone want some biscuits and gravy???
Eggs??? Ham????

---------------------

For some reason it's too early to drink and shop!

I'll be back with the DOTD!

Vela
11-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Oh heaven's no! LOL I do most of my shopping online and usually start in September! I don't like Christmas shopping, it ruins the fun of christmas for me. I do it early so i can sit back and emjoy christmas :D They're already wrapped even.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Yep, I agree, Richard. There is no way I'd want to work in retail at this time of year. Wouldn't want to work there anytime of year, but especially this time of year. I'm sure I wouldn't have lasted more than a few hours on Friday before I was fired for telling some snooty crabby woman where she can put her blankety blank blank attitude! :eek:

I've never been shopping after drinking. Sounds like fun so I think I'll start with a slushie right now, then by the time I leave work I'll be good and primed for a productive shopping trip. :D

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 01:46 PM
:D
Oh heaven's no! LOL I do most of my shopping online and usually start in September! I don't like Christmas shopping, it ruins the fun of christmas for me. I do it early so i can sit back and emjoy christmas :D They're already wrapped even.

Oh jeez....Now I feel late.... :eek:

Welcome to Thursday's, the unofficial cyber bar of Pet of the Day!!

We have a little 'hazing' ritual for our newcomers.....a clean joke (rated PG) and you are part of the group!!!

It's a goofy place and we all have fun....

There is just one rule!!!

All dire problems are checked at the door!!!

Again, Welcome, come in and enjoy yourself!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2005, 02:22 PM
sniff sniff!!! O0000! Do I smell biscuits and gravy? I want some, please???? I love biscuits and gravy!!!

I don't go to the department stores after Thanksgiving until after the First of the year, myself. Only go stock the kids up in their food and to the grocery.
I hate crowds. (except here at the bar). :D

Could I get some hot chocolate and 4 cnt's on the warm side? It's cold here. It was supposed to warm up to 50 today but it's not gonna make it! :(

K9soul
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Uh oh, poor Vela stumbled into Thursday's not realizing what she was getting herself into :D.

So what's the DOTD bartender? :p It's only 18 degrees here, I need something warm.

Vela
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, since I've been up working since 2 a.m. any jokes I could ever possibly think of will have to wait until I can try and rattle some out of my brain, I don't know any recent actual jokes, it's rather more off the cuff and on the fly when the opportunities present. But I'll see if I can think of one eventually :p

As for dire things, I don't have any dire things :confused: Life is pretty good hehe, but I make a really mean hot chocolate.

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I've never been shopping after drinking. Sounds like fun so I think I'll start with a slushie right now, then by the time I leave work I'll be good and primed for a productive shopping trip. :D

LOLOLOLOL....FIELD TRIP!!

One slushie for the Mom of the "Road Wrecking Crew" ;)

A toast to the P & CJ for their literary debut!

DONE!

MOFF,

Biscuits and Gravy? Hot Choco and 4 CNTs. I was watching a woman make sausage gravy for biscuits last night......

DONE!

K9

18 degrees!!!!!

How's about an Irish Coffee for the DOTD?????
18? how do you people do it??? :eek:

DONE!

Vela, You don't have to give us the joke at the moment........But we will remember you owe us one!!! ;)

You sit and I'll serve you a hot chocolate....you are a guest here!

DONE!

Mario, Possum and Lady are looking at the snow.....what do you think....let them out or keep them inside? :D

K9soul
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Irish coffee sounds perfect! :D More snow on the way here tonight too. I suppose 18 is better than -18! Give it another month or so :eek:

davidpizzica
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
RICHARD, my shopping is done for the year! I have my Christmas, thanksgiving, fourth of July, new years day, groundhog day, present already, a 2006 chevy colbalt! It's kinda chilly here in the 'burgh so an irish coffee will go real good.

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Irish coffee sounds perfect! :D More snow on the way here tonight too. I suppose 18 is better than -18! Give it another month or so :eek:

I didn't think that a "-" could make THAT much difference under 32 degrees!!! I apologize!! :eek:

David,

I am mad at you....

What happened Monday Night????
I wanted a Steeler win!!! :(

Congrats on the car!.......breathe that new car smell....

Irish Coffee.....But not while you sit in your car.....

DONE!

LOLOLOLOL
I almost forgot....do you have a hammer?

Take it and every six inches tap a bump into the car body...trust me, It's far better to chip the paint yourself than to come out of a store and see
that someone else did it for you!!! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

davidpizzica
11-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey RICHARD, I tried! But Big Ben didn't do his job monday night.

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Christmas shopping? I should really be doing some of that. I'll just have an Irish Coffee first if you don't mind, while I think about it! Don't you think that Christmas shopping would be so much easier if you didn't have to buy for the same people year after year? Trying to but something a bit different can be so hard!

wolflady
11-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Karen, did you say Irish Coffee? Make that two, Richard!

Ah, the bustle of the holiday season. I have to agree....I would hate to work retail this time of year!

I've actually made some headway on my Christmas shopping, which is saying something, because I'm always late in getting everything done. Unfortunately, I was unable to afford tickets to go home for the holidays (I usually like to go the week before/of Christmas)...so I'll actually be flying on Christmas day and we'll be celebrating on the 26th instead. That means I have to get all of my shopping done before I go home! Yikes!!!

Corinna
11-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Just back from getting some essentals (cat food & litter) at wally world not to bad today. Next thing you know david will want us to build a carport for him here.( :D )
I know I'm late for brackfast but I'll take a hot cocoa it's 21 above here today last nights low was 11 so its almost shorts weather. Ha Ha
Welcome Vela you have entered a cross between a comedy show and the Twilight zone. But it's the best place to unwind and know you have freinds, I think only once did we have a person get upset from here as we all know it's in fun and love here. One word of warning DO NOt for any reason go alone in our lost and found room(known as L & F ) some haz mat guys came once and went in we haven't seen them since. that was about # 60 I think.
I'm making a big pot of veggie soup any one want some.? It will be ready in about an hour.
Done with my shopping I do it all year ,plus working in a gift shop helped. Not next year I'll have to watch other sales better.

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey RICHARD, I tried! But Big Ben didn't do his job monday night.

Alright, you get a pass! :D

KK,

More "shopping for the people who have everything?"

One Irish coffee and a pencil and pad....For the list.... :eek:

DONE!

WL,

You can always use the "they lost my baggage and your gifts were in there" excuse.......then have the airline find your baggage in late January....that should give you some time...

One Irish Cafe?

DONE!

Corrina....
11 degrees and shorts??? :eek:

I'll trade you a cup of soup for a hot cocoa?

DONE? :D

Lady's Human
11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Barkeep, my suggestion for a DOTD is a dirty girl scout:

1 cup hot cocoa
1 shot peppermint schnapps.

That will get everyone going on the alcohol, and keep hot cocoa at the bar for those who don't want anything alcoholic.

Mario, you can let Lady out, but make sure you listen for her at the door, she has very little belly fuzz and gets cold easily...No fair getting back at her for chasing you last week, that was my fault.

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Barkeep, my suggestion for a DOTD is a dirty girl scout:

1 cup hot cocoa
1 shot peppermint schnapps.

That will get everyone going on the alcohol, and keep hot cocoa at the bar for those who don't want anything alcoholic.

Mario, you can let Lady out, but make sure you listen for her at the door, she has very little belly fuzz and gets cold easily...No fair getting back at her for chasing you last week, that was my fault.

Thank you sir!

Hey everyone!!!,

I've got some dirty Girl Scouts here behind the bar!!!! :o :eek: ;)

DONE!

I'll keep an eye on Mario and Lady for you..

Corinna
11-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Soup coming up . Hey that dirty girl scout is what I call an Irish velvety. Really the only mixed drink I drink an occasional HBR.

davidpizzica
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Corinna, I can use a carport! Also Corinna, if you can PM your e-mail address I'll e-mail pics of the car. With my webtv system I can't post pictures. Mmmmmm soup!

Lady's Human
11-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Turkey pot pie and hot biscuits anyone?

One Dirty Girl Scout for me, barkeep.

Just got the fire going, it's nice and toasty inside (supposed to be in the 20s tonight here)

Corinna
11-30-2005, 11:45 PM
The 20's man I'd love that we are suppose to get single digits tonight. I have to get the garage cleaned so I can get my car in so son in law can fix it this weekend. I hate not having my car.
How about a HBR it's close enough to christmas.

trayi52
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi everybody! How are you all doing?

Congratulations on the new car, David!

I'll take a DOTD, and go sit by the fire, it's cold outside, of course not as cold as it is in some places, but it feels it to me.

Mario, are you staying in the warm, baby? Drink you some hot chocolate and stay warm.

Willie :)

Kfamr
11-30-2005, 11:54 PM
A toast to the birthday girl... Johanna!

I've got home-made Turkey soup as well as Ham & Bean soup. Perfect for this chilly weather, anyone want a bowl or two? One of the things I love about hosting Thanksgiving at our home... We get the leftovers to make soup!

I've been sick as a dog all week and I go back to work tomorrow (today)... wish me luck!

trayi52
12-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, Kay. Lets do it! Turkey soup sounds good, and it is cold outside. Bet Mario could go for some of that too.

trayi52
12-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Kay, forgot to ask if you were feeling better?

I think maybe we should toast your birthday as well, you did just have your 18th birthday!! So I want to wish you a very special belated Happy Birthday!

lbaker
12-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Turkey soup or potpie, ham & bean soup!! Oh YUMMY! I just love leftovers and loooove soup. Hmmm Dirty Girl Scout or HBR? Decisions decisions :rolleyes: Someone else will have to bring in the logs for the fire. I tried on Sunday afternoon then tripped over poor Badger with an armfull of logs and busted myself up big time - stitches, bruises, scrapes ~ YOWCH! I'll stick to bringing in "Squaw Wood" if you don't mind :o I really dislike shopping at regular stores and abhor malls. I do like museum gift shops and working so close to the Mall in D.C. (this is NOT a shopping Mall, it's in the midst of most of the museums) I have lots of choices. Flower shops are good for fun things too. Food is always good. Another business trip for me next week. American Geophysical Union (AGU) is meeting in San Francisco! California here I come :D

davidpizzica
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Allow me to bring in the wood for the fire, Laurie. I'll try not not to make too roaring for Lady. Besides it'll give me an appetite for those leftovers! Well' I'm off to drive my car around.

Corinna
12-01-2005, 09:39 AM
David great looking car!!! I need a DLC please.
Look out California Lauries on the move again. Are we going to get more pic's of PT' ers in Hi jinx again!

K9soul
12-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok yesterday Richard was asking about jokes and I thought since I have never posted one I'd keep an eye out for any. Well lo and behold I have one :p. Anyway, keep in mind this told to me by a guy ;).

--

A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him.

The waitress asks for their orders. The man says, "A hamburger, fries
and a coke," and turns to the ostrich, "What's yours?" "I'll have the
same," says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be
$9.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the
exact change for payment.

The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "A
hamburger, fries, and a coke." The ostrich says, "I'll have the same."
Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This becomes routine until, the two enter again.

"The usual?" asks the waitress.

"No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato, and
salad," says the man. "The same," says the ostrich.

Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, "That will be $32.62."
Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places
it on the table.

The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir.
How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your
pocket every time?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and
found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two
wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I
would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would
always be there."

"That's brilliant!" says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a
million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want
for as long as you live!"

"That's right. Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the
exact money is always there," says the man.

The waitress asks, "But, sir, what's with the ostrich?"

The man sighs, pauses, and answers, "My second wish was for a tall chick
with long legs who agrees with everything I say."

:D ;) :D

lbaker
12-01-2005, 09:58 AM
OK, on the count of three everyone... one ~ two ~ three ~ *GROAN* :D

K9soul
12-01-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL, blame Richard, he was the one asking for jokes :D

Corinna
12-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Groan (very loud)

Lady's Human
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Howls of derisive laughter, Bruce!

:D

moosmom
12-01-2005, 10:56 AM
YO BARKEEP!!!! *slaps hand down on bar* Gimme a double Absolut on the rocks! *mumbles, holding head in hands* Cats here, cats there, cats EVERYWHERE!!! What was this jerkwad thinking??? :eek: Oh! Sorry, I was talking to myself. *writes in "to do" list* Sunday, bring cat carriers, bullet proof vest, pepper spray.

*shakes head* I dunno.

lbaker
12-01-2005, 11:07 AM
WHOA! Mario quick!! Slide this drink down the bar towards Donna but be careful :eek: I think I go to the back and make up some onion rings - lemme know when the coast is clear ;) Want a bankie Donna?? Look at all the nice wood David brought in ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Did I hear ONION RINGS!!!! :D
I'd love some!!!! and some hot soup. It's cold here today. They say it may warm up to 40, if we are lucky. So far, doesn't look like our luck is holding out!

It was 20 this morning with a wind chill of 11. I hate wind chills! :D

Mario, have you started your letter to Santa yet? :)

Corinna
12-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Donna is there a thread we should read?

smokey the elder
12-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Onion rings and a Dirty Girl Scout sound good. It went from 60 to about 30 deg F in 24 hours here!

Love the joke. I've never heard that one before!

RICHARD
12-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I have to do this quickly...I am on a deadline.

Corinna,
A HBR with a DLC chaser

DONE!

LH,

Pot pie? I am in!

A DGS

DONE!

Tray....

HI, A DGS for you and Mario gets anything he wants!

DONE!

K,

Thanks for the soup! Hope you do feel better, I know that feeling.

Laurie.

No need to make a decision, One for each hand....

DONE?

K9...

What is the matter with GUY JOKES???

I loved it..ignore the peanut gallery!

DONE?

MM,

A tall absolut OTR.....

Cats???? EVERYWHERE?

DONE

MOFF,

Onion rings and Soup...4 CNTS too?

DONE?

Smokey,

A DGS and some Onion rings!

DONE!

David,

Yep I think we all need a picture.

Thanks!

moosmom
12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93921

*blubbers into drink* BARKEEP, I'll take another.

This is the only place I can get drunk and still stay sober. :rolleyes:

lbaker
12-01-2005, 01:24 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Tell me why I'm not surprised you are doing this Donna... you are a true gem ~ you may feel a bit rough on the outside but your heart of gold shines through :cool: Whatever you're eating or drinking is on me this week.

Lady's Human
12-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Donna, Anything you want in the bar this weekend is on the house. Good job helping those cats. (Not that this bar costs anything anyway, But)

Anyone for some nice fresh brownies? (They're still hot)

another DGS for me, and I'll go out and help David with the firewood.

lbaker
12-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Fresh from the oven brownies!! OH MY! Shall I whip up some cream? Or should we put Mario to work at the ice cream maker? I'm sure Lady and Possum would just love to help him with home made ice cream :rolleyes: Thanks with the wood you guys, I just don't bounce as well as I used to :o :p

RICHARD
12-01-2005, 03:49 PM
lolol,

Thank god someone can cook brownies.

I made some on my birthday and was trying like a mad man to break up the clumps on the bottom of the bowl...

Then I realized there were walnuts in the mix! :confused:

You are officially relieved of fire duty.

DONE.

LH,

One dirty GS....lolololol, there is something delightfully smutty about that drink... :eek: :D :o

DONE!

MM,

I guess you can be here in 'spirit' and we are with you in 'spirit'...

Come sit by the fire....

DONE!

Corinna
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok Donna I had read that one I thought some thing (god forbid) else had happeened . I know you were so happy about the secret had me worried some thing had gone wrong.
I used to be the same way with bunnies but hubby moved me to where i can't do that any more. I guess he got tired of opening the door in the mornings and finding orphans in boxes ,sacks and cages. I had 25 Angoras and 35 mixed breeds at one time when we lived in Washington.

Lady's Human
12-01-2005, 06:50 PM
HEY BARKEEP!!!

Clean out another PM box, and gimme another DGS! :D

RICHARD
12-01-2005, 06:54 PM
HEY BARKEEP!!!

Clean out another PM box, and gimme another DGS! :D

SIR,
YES SIR! :eek:

done!

Lady's Human
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Okay, now that I've yelled at the bartender, (Never a good thing to do, it can get you in the alley in a hurry in some places)

Can I get Thursday's prayers for our heating system? I asked someone to clean the furnace, they went down, looked at it, and said they were going to do me a favor and not clean it, because if they opened it up to clean it they would have to condemn it. Prayers that it will last another three months?

And yet another DGS please.

Karen
12-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Yikes! Good thing you have fireplaces just in case ...

Logan
12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
I have missed you guys! But where is Gini? Thursdays aren't the same when she isn't here!!!!

Jessica, good one!!!!!! :)

David, congrats on the new wheels! You got a BRAND new one! How exciting for you!!!! :)

Richard, I'm sleepy and have had 2 late (very late) nights in a row....nothing exciting, just a case of insomnia, and I need to go to bed. I'll take that hot chocolate with the Schnapps and hope to fall asleep soon!

Goodnight, my friends and Happy Thursday! It is still Thursday for 3 more minutes.

Logan

slick
12-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone! It's been a long day and tomorrow will be even longer. I'm too tired to read this whole thread. I'm just going to grab a double BM and hit the couch by the fire. We are supposed to have a dump of snow tomorrow. Oh Mario, thanks for the blankie. **kiss kiss**

Logan, hopefully Gini will be checking in later tonight. It's that dreaded W-O-R-K again!!

moosmom
12-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Everybody,

*sniffle, sniffle* You guys are SO good to me!!! I truly don't know what I'd do without all my PT friends!!

I'm going to bed. It's been a long day.

*Yawns*

Nite everyone! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Ok everybody, up and at 'em! It's a beautiful, bright sunny day here - but cold! 0 degrees with the windchill - brrrr.... I brought in some more wood to keep the fire going since we'll need it on such a cold day.

I think I'm going to make a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Something relatively healthy, but warm, anybody else want some? We've got plenty of toppers for it since I know everyone likes something different on their oatmeal.

I've finally got my new router installed and internet back up and working well.....somewhat. It still acts up now and then but is working for the most part. So today I get to get caught up on all the work I've pushed aside the last few days as I wrestled with this durn computer. Oh, turns out my UPS (uninterruptible power system) needs a new battery also, which contributed to the geekiness my computer was experiencing. Oh the joys of computer problems. Just what was I thinking when I decided to get a degree in IT? :rolleyes: Accounting is soooo much easier to deal with. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day! David, I know you'll have a great day with your new car. Slick, I saw the storms you guys were getting. Hope it doesn't dump too bad.

Stay warm everybody, hopefully I'll see you all a little later today! :)

lbaker
12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Can I have a bowl of that oatmeal? I like real cream, brown sugar and raisens as toppers.. yum. Leaving in a few minutes to get my stitches out (from falling on my chin whilst carrying an armful of wood - watch what you're doing Debbie). I'll try to stop by later too..

slick
12-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Debbie, glad to see the router is working. One of our UPS died a couple of months ago and it was the backup for 4 servers. You should has seen us scramble to get that replaced. :eek:

Well, the news was telling us to expect some snow overnight....I only see a trace. Mind you, I'm down at sea level and I travel up the hill to get to work so I'm sure I'll encounter more on my travels this morning.

My assistant is off for a couple of weeks so I don't have much time for PT these days. Also working a couple of weekends. Have fun everyone and I'll try to catch up on the weekend.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Also working a couple of weekends.

And I want to see pictures again this year! :D

Corinna
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I'll take some of that oatmeal just raisins please. We are expecting several inches osf snow today too. But it's also our night of lights . Our town doesn't decorate til today. We spend all day doing that. Then tonight a parade, and general party the stores all stay open late having sales and samples. We have a craft fair and santa arrives via the local fire truck. My family is having acraft booth. Tim woodworking,me spinning & knitting and my daughter beading. so it's a party night on a friday night (man will I need a nap before later)
MMM good and warming oatmeal!!!! I'm going to it by the fire with Lady for a couple mintues before I get nuts pulling every thing to gether for later. Oh good girl thanks I really didn't want to save that oatmeal on my chin. (pat paton Lady's head)

davidpizzica
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Ok everybody, up and at 'em! It's a beautiful, bright sunny day here - but cold! 0 degrees with the windchill - brrrr.... I brought in some more wood to keep the fire going since we'll need it on such a cold day.

I think I'm going to make a nice bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Something relatively healthy, but warm, anybody else want some? We've got plenty of toppers for it since I know everyone likes something different on their oatmeal.

I've finally got my new router installed and internet back up and working well.....somewhat. It still acts up now and then but is working for the most part. So today I get to get caught up on all the work I've pushed aside the last few days as I wrestled with this durn computer. Oh, turns out my UPS (uninterruptible power system) needs a new battery also, which contributed to the geekiness my computer was experiencing. Oh the joys of computer problems. Just what was I thinking when I decided to get a degree in IT? :rolleyes: Accounting is soooo much easier to deal with. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day! David, I know you'll have a great day with your new car. Slick, I saw the storms you guys were getting. Hope it doesn't dump too bad.

Stay warm everybody, hopefully I'll see you all a little later today! :)
Oh Debbie! That oatmeal is just the thing for a day like this! I like mine with some cinnamon on top. It's 25 degrees in the 'burgh right now with a few snow flurries and windy. The colbalt has a terrific heater. As a matter of fact EVERYTHING on the colbalt is terrific! This the first car I've owned that has a CD player!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
HI Everyone!!!

Going to be clear up to 50 today! But then we won't be much above freezing for the next 7 days or so. Possible snow or freezing rain this weekend.

I got the kids all stocked up with food for the month and am pooped out.

How about a big platter of warm nachos, a cherry limeade, and 4 catnip teas for starters?

Gosh, David, do you like your new car?
Has Mario gone for a ride yet? ;) :D

davidpizzica
12-02-2005, 11:53 AM
HI Everyone!!!

Going to be clear up to 50 today! But then we won't be much above freezing for the next 7 days or so. Possible snow or freezing rain this weekend.

I got the kids all stocked up with food for the month and am pooped out.

How about a big platter of warm nachos, a cherry limeade, and 4 catnip teas for starters?

Gosh, David, do you like your new car?
Has Mario gone for a ride yet? ;) :D
Mario you can go for a ride, but no cherry pits on the seats! Connie, the difference between the colbalt and the oldsmobile is like night and day. I LOVE THE COLBALT!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Mario you can go for a ride, but no cherry pits on the seats! Connie, the difference between the colbalt and the oldsmobile is like night and day. I LOVE THE COLBALT!I'm so glad you love it! I'm GREEN with envy but happy for you! :D

RedHedd
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm just peeking in .... been WAY too busy at work to even stop by. David, what color is your new car? Is it Green, blue (new blue?)? Sorry too busy to dig. A quick cuppa, hold the Baileys, and I'm back to work.

anyone know how to format text in an Excel spreadsheet? The help files are useless and my boss is picky .... wants it single spaced instead of the strange spacing Excel is throwing in. Anyone?

RICHARD
12-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Good morning everyone...

LH,

Do not feel badly....I have a sink that is giving me the FITS!

UPS, routers :rolleyes:

UGh......

So many small problems, so little money, time and patience....

The heating is tops on the list...... :eek:

I'll be back to serve later on....I have to go try something else with this problem.....

The Ginster is doing her candy drive for her club....I hope she doesn't mind me talking out of school.....I spoke to her a few days ago!

Small prayers for small problems......let's hope they stay that way.

HI logan...let's take care of your insomnia...DONE!

P.S. Yell at the bartender all you want.....He is a pacifist...
Just don't mess with his friends! ;)

wolflady
12-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm just peeking in .... been WAY too busy at work to even stop by. David, what color is your new car? Is it Green, blue (new blue?)? Sorry too busy to dig. A quick cuppa, hold the Baileys, and I'm back to work.

anyone know how to format text in an Excel spreadsheet? The help files are useless and my boss is picky .... wants it single spaced instead of the strange spacing Excel is throwing in. Anyone?

I may be able to help, what's happening? Can you forward me the spreadsheet you're talking about? I can PM you my email address if you'd like.

*snicker* @ RICHARD, that's a good idea about the airlines misplacing my luggage. Wait...it might happen! :eek:
A DGS sounds good! Send one my way, barkeep!

Can we all say some prayers for my sister too? She just too an impossibly diffucult psychology licensure exam and has her right hip replacement surgery coming up on the 5th...

**hugs**

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Redhedd, sometimes the easiest way to manipulate text in a spreadsheet is to put each line of text in its own cell, then modify the height of the cell and the placement of text vertically within the cell. Do that by clicking on the cell, then click on Format, Alignment, then play around with the "vertical" box to see which works best.

Peppermint Schnapps and I don't get along very well, so I'll have to take a pass on the DGS, and something warm and steamy sounds wonderful. What's all in a hot toddy? How 'bout a cup of tea with a splash of something?

Talk about small problems, I've been plagued lately by all these weird things, like the router - it works, but then again it doesn't (the old one that is). For about the last two weeks our furnace here at work works fine - usually. Same for at home. The furnace works, but it's doing weird things that it's never done before. All these little, weird things that make it soooo hard to diagnose what the problem is so we can fix it! I really must shake this plague in the next two weeks because then we're headed to the Keys for two weeks in the motorhome, and I DO NOT want these small plaguey, hard to diagnose problems in the motorhome.....please....?

RedHedd
12-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks, everyone. Turns out there is no way to format text line spacing in the latest iteration of Excel! Gee, thanks, Bill, guess you never met MY boss :rolleyes: My boss has decided to leave it the way it is .... he's always asking me to perform the impossible and next to impossible. What's scary is that I can almost always figure it out .... I've spoiled him .... job security :eek: :p :D

davidpizzica
12-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Redhedd, the colbalt has a silver exterior and a silver cloth interior. Redhedd, if you could PM me your email address, I can email you some pictures of it. It's not the actual car, but mine looks like it! Could you do me a favor and post then so that everyone on PT can see it?

gini
12-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, yes, I do know it is Friday...........Thursday just blew right on by me.

When I had my basement flood in October the insurance company came in and whisked out all of the items that had been damaged by water to repair and restore them. They got returned yesterday and I just cracked up - I have an electric frying pan? And look - a wonderful bird feeder - and a bird bath - and an electric ice cream maker.............who knew? They even cleaned up the old carpet shampooer - the one with the broken handle. Now I have a clean/broken carpet cleaner.

Some things sadly like books I loved have been ruined - and a few very old Snoopy toys have bitten the dust.

David HOORAY!!! - a brand new car. Enjoy the heck out of it - you deserve it!

Donna - well done!

Debbie - yes, I seem to know all about things that break - this has been my year for breakdowns and too much water!!
Even the toilet broke - TWICE!! I may have gained a pound or two - but this is ridiculous - can't just be me!

The Candy Drive as a fundraiser is one half over. All I have to do is breakdown $10,000 worth of candy with some helpers into individual orders - get everyone to claim their purchases and it is done. The money we earned will be used for our Scholarship presentations in June. It is a lot of work, but the result is well worth the time.

A drink? You betcha! I'm not sure about a Dirty Girl Scout though..........how about a rum and coke with a slice of fresh lime, please?

Laurie...what are we gonna do with you? Hope it hasn't been too painful for you.

I will check in on everyone again later............the fire looks great though.

RedHedd
12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the "New Blue" :D
http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/images.autobytel.com/web/carpics/230pixelswide/39884.jpg
http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/images.autobytel.com/view/aic/CHEVROLET/COBALT/sdn/usa_2006_chevrolet_cobalt_sdn_4_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg
http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/images.autobytel.com/view/aic/CHEVROLET/COBALT/sdn/usa_2006_chevrolet_cobalt_sdn_4_x_exrrpass75_x.jpg

RedHedd
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey, everyone, Laurie is winging her way to San Francisco this weekend, meeting with Wolflady on Monday and ME on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I LOVE meeting PT peeps! They're the Best! Irish coffees for everyone! It's a San Francisco tradition!

wolflady
12-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey, everyone, Laurie is winging her way to San Francisco this weekend, meeting with Wolflady on Monday and ME on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I LOVE meeting PT peeps! They're the Best! Irish coffees for everyone! It's a San Francisco tradition!

You can say that again! :D Laurie is a true gem. You will just love her. Bring on the Irish Coffees and have a safe flight, Laurie! :D

**hugs**

Karen
12-02-2005, 08:51 PM
The new "blue" isn't blue at all! David, you can (as my sister did, hers is long gone) name it Silver, as in "Heigh ho Silver, awaaaay!"

Corinna
12-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh Karen (Groan and shaking head.)

DJFyrewolf36
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Holy cow I've missed a lot!!

Congrats on the new car David! I didn't see, but what happend to old blue?

Hey, RedHedd, I am for sure making another er several trips to your part of the world next summer. :D

Heya and happy friday all. Hope you're lives have been a little less hectic than mine...

I had an uplifting experence at a get-together a couple of weeks ago, and I got some new music so liffe is pretty darn good. I can't complain too much, even though some stuff has been driving me nuts. Oh well, such is life

Barkeep, I'll take a double...

davidpizzica
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Holy cow I've missed a lot!!

Congrats on the new car David! I didn't see, but what happend to old blue?

Hey, RedHedd, I am for sure making another er several trips to your part of the world next summer. :D

Heya and happy friday all. Hope you're lives have been a little less hectic than mine...

I had an uplifting experence at a get-together a couple of weeks ago, and I got some new music so liffe is pretty darn good. I can't complain too much, even though some stuff has been driving me nuts. Oh well, such is life

Barkeep, I'll take a double...
DJF, old blue died of head gasket failure and the head was cracked. I LOVE my new colbalt! It has a great sound system and I love everything else about it!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
David, I think you should name your new car the Silver Streak!!! I bet it can honk on, eh? :D

davidpizzica
12-03-2005, 03:56 PM
David, I think you should name your new car the Silver Streak!!! I bet it can honk on, eh? :D
Not a bad idea, Connie!! It sure can honk on!

RICHARD
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I finally called the plumber, 70 bucks to rooter the line out....I tried everything short of a nuclear bomb on that sink...I wasn't there when he showed at my mom's house....

Later on she thanked me for all my efforts and then said that it was a "man's job...."

Like, ah.......and then she laughed and said it was a plumber's job. :p

LIfe is funny, Excel, furnaces, candy drives routers...what is going on here???

Before I go here I want to apologize for being lax about
serving drinks for the last few weeks.....alot to do and much to prepare.....3

Can I give you all a group DONE! as a way of making up for that??/

thanks and you all rock!

gini
12-05-2005, 12:51 AM
Well Richard, at least it wasn't MY SINK in July, and just think you will have a clean drain for the holidays!!!

Richard, you just have to stop putting all of the bar leftover drinks down the drain. You know how Mario likes to hide his cherry pits in people's drinks!

MARIO DID IT! YEAH, LET'S BLAME MARIO! (with apologies to Mario's Mom)

Glad to hear that you too have been supporting plumbers this year. I hear their industry really needs the money - HA!

Come on everyone - let's buy our bartender a well deserved drink and feed him too.

trayi52
12-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I think it's a good idea to blame Mario! After all he is always into something, and probable did do the deed!

I think I'll take a cup of coffee this morning, it is cold outside. They were calling for snow, but it missed us.

David, your car is so pretty, I just love the color of it. I have always loved that color! Again, Congrats on the new car, you are very lucky to have it!

davidpizzica
12-05-2005, 07:47 AM
I think it's a good idea to blame Mario! After all he is always into something, and probable did do the deed!

I think I'll take a cup of coffee this morning, it is cold outside. They were calling for snow, but it missed us.

David, your car is so pretty, I just love the color of it. I have always loved that color! Again, Congrats on the new car, you are very lucky to have it!

Thanks, Willie. Old blue was having major mechanical problems and needed to be put to pasture. Willie, getting a car for Chrismas sure beats getting socks! I'll have some coffee, also, I'll start the fire going again. It's chilly in here!