PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider this inappropriate for Christmas?

.sarah
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I am considering making the ever-so-famous Kitty Litter Cake (http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/KittyLitterCake.asp) for the Christmas party for work. As most of you know, I work at a vet so poop is like our best friend ;) Everyone at work have a sense of humor, especially when it comes to poop. I don't think it would be inappropriate for work, but I'm wondering if it's inappropriate for Christmas?

I've just heard this cake is awesome and I want to try it!

Uabassoon
11-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Normally I would say it was inappropriate, but since you work at a vet clinic I think it would be fine and your coworkers would love it.

Jessika
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Hah, I say do it. If they all have a sense of humor AND you work at a vet clinic, I think its entirely appropriate :)

AbbyMom
11-29-2005, 09:10 PM
You really gotta gauge the personalities for this one.

Someone bought a kitty litter cake to my work for a cat lover about 5 years ago and that was the first time I saw one. I thought it was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing at first. But...you know...not everyone saw the humor. And some were so grossed out that they would not walk by her desk. They were litterally disgusted (pun intended ;) ).

But if they're all cat lovers..GO FOR IT and ignore the party POOPERS! (pun intended ;) )

finn's mom
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM
I think it's fine, considering the environment. :)

kuhio98
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I think it will be a big hit with your co-workers.

Karen
11-29-2005, 11:49 PM
I'd get some red and green decorative sugar crytals and sprinkle them within the "litter" like some litters have those sparkly bits ... thereby giving it a holiday flair. If you worked anywhere BUT a vet's office, I'd say it wouldn't be considered appropraite for an office, but in your case, it's perfect!

Corinna
11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
I agree it's the purrfect place for a litterbox cake.

.sarah
11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks y'all :) I think I'll go ahead and give it a go.

Karen, that's a great idea. I already have some of those since I bake all the time. Good thinking! ;)

Randi
11-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Working in a vet clinic, I'd say it's appropriate, especially if they all have a sense of humour. ;)

I know the ingredients and can only say, if anyone would serve it for me, I'd dig for the poop! :D

Anita Cholaine
11-30-2005, 08:22 AM
I think it's fantastic! (a bit nasty, though... :p ) but, considering that they all have sense of humor, it will be fine....

Kfamr
11-30-2005, 08:32 AM
The cake is delicious and everyone will love it if they give it a taste. ;) I think anyone with a sense of humor would enjoy if they build up the guts to try it! Make sure you exagerate that it's a BRAND NEW, never used litter box and scoop.

ramanth
11-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I agree with Uabassoon. :) I've made Kitty Litter cake in the past for work but for Halloween. :)

Felix
11-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I say go for it!!! :p

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
When I worked for the insurance co, lo those many many years ago, someone made one of those. It was so funny!

Since it's for an office dinner and not a church social, I say go for it. You aren't making fun of Christmas or any one's religion, you are just making a funny cake. The fact it's for a vet's office makes it even funnier! I love Karen's idea of the red and green sprinkled in it too! :D

I personally think God would get a chuckle out of it. He loves animals too or he wouldn't have made sure they got on the ark or allowed them to attend the birth of His Son! ;)

Eat up! and ENJOY!

If you brush a bit of clear syrup on the tootsie rolls, they'll look more "fresh". :D

RICHARD
11-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I say GO!!! :D

Cataholic
11-30-2005, 01:24 PM
While I am in the minority, I will still voice my objection.

It is Christmas, not Halloween, not just some office get-to-gether...but, Christmas. Accordingly, I would go with something a little more festive and not likely to offend anyone (even at a vet clinic, you might find a person or two that thinks Christmas is Christmas, the birth of Christ).

Even though I love cats, and I love jokes, I wouldn't have wanted someone to make me a litterbox cake for my bridal shower...it just doesn't fit the occasion, IMO.

jackie
11-30-2005, 05:45 PM
It is a cute cake, but for christmas I would go for something else, and save that one for Halloween.

CathyBogart
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
*chuckles* I love it! I say, go for it! :) I like Karen's idea too.

ETA: I think I'm gonna filch your idea and make one of these to bring to work Xmas eve! :)

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2005, 09:37 PM
It's a toss up! I agree for the setting it's a great idea, but also agree with Cataholic about the Christmas being religious. I'm not an overboard religious person by any means, but some of your co-workers may be offended if they are. If it's a casual atmosphere, I say go for it! It's all in fun! ;) And yummy too.... :D

.sarah
11-30-2005, 09:40 PM
If you brush a bit of clear syrup on the tootsie rolls, they'll look more "fresh".[/b][/color] :D
LMAO! Oh my goodness that is tooo funny!! Thanks!

While I am in the minority, I will still voice my objection.

It is Christmas, not Halloween, not just some office get-to-gether...but, Christmas. Accordingly, I would go with something a little more festive and not likely to offend anyone (even at a vet clinic, you might find a person or two that thinks Christmas is Christmas, the birth of Christ).

Even though I love cats, and I love jokes, I wouldn't have wanted someone to make me a litterbox cake for my bridal shower...it just doesn't fit the occasion, IMO.
That's okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The vet clinic I work at is very small, and there will be a few people out of town. There should only be about 10 people there. Everyone is very good friends, we all have similar senses of humor. I might just ask around on Monday, not mentioning the cake, and see just how important Christmas is to people. For some people, it is just another day of the year, for others, it is very important. As far as I know, everyone at work is religious although they don't attend services often. But, I will still ask. :)

shais_mom
11-30-2005, 11:23 PM
go for it!

JenBKR
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
I think asking around is a good idea. You should be fine, but it can't hurt to check ;) I'm pretty religious, but that wouldn't offend me :)