PDA

View Full Version : Renaming?

catnapper
11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I drop Flutter off tomorrow afternoon for her amputation surgery. Since she was named Flutter because her leg fluttered when she walked, I thought perhaps its time to rename her with a new name for her new start in life. No longer will she have a leg to flutter.

As you might know, I've never been fond of the name Flutter. It felt cruel to me to name her by pointing out her handicap.

I am at this point utterly used to the name, and changing it might be difficult because I know I'll still call her Flutter, but perhaps a new start for the little Flutter Butter requires a new name. Flutter could alway remain asa nickname.

Also, as soon as the surgery is over, she will be officially adopted. Completely new start for the little girl. No leg, no longer a foster.

wolf_Q
11-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Personally I've always thought it was a cute name. I knew she had a problem with her leg but I had no idea the name came from that. Whatever name you think fits her best is the best name. :)

Uabassoon
11-29-2005, 08:31 PM
I've always really liked the name Flutter, I don't think I can picture her with a new name it just seems to fit her so well. However I think if you really want to change it then go for it :D

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Ditto what they said. Nevermind her handicap, Flutter is the perfect name for that precious kitty!

By the way, did I miss pictures of Nicki enjoying her stuff? I don't know if you posted any or if I missed them.

QueenScoopalot
11-29-2005, 08:58 PM
If she's leaving snickerthen it doesn't matter what her name is, but I don't think Flutter sounds like a handicapped name. Chances are her new people may rename her. ;) I think the name is quite cute! Sure beats Tripod, or Cyclops. :rolleyes:

catnapper
11-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Seems as if its looking like FLutter needs to keep her name!

Kay, no you didn't miss pictures. I had tried to wait til daylight because the lighting stinks here for these kind of pics... then I had to go away for a few days and hubby gave Nicki her treats while I was away :mad: He thought he was doing a good thing, he didn't know I had a reason for keeping them up on my desk, away from her. Sorry :o Though he said she loved her treats. I didn't even get to see how she enjoyed the greenies :( :( :( I can't express how sorry I am about that. I will take Nicki photo and actually post them though to make up for it.

Shady
11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
I voted no, she still makes my heart flutter.

I never associated it with her leg, although I knew/read that from day one.

She's just a sweet little butterfly, flutterby. ;)

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Show how dumb I am.... I thought she was named Flutter because she was as pretty as a butterfly.... Butterflys "flutter" and I really thought of pretty butterflies everytime I saw her name... SO, I voted to keep Flutter!

Grace
11-29-2005, 10:14 PM
I love the name - it is not one of those normal names pets are usually given. Like Laura, I always associated it with butterflies - not that back leg.

kuhio98
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Well, I voted Yes, but I voted wrong -- guess I can't read -- I love the name Flutter. She's used to it and so are you so there's no reason to change. She'll always be your Flutter Butter.

Corinna
11-29-2005, 11:52 PM
I love the name .

jenluckenbach
11-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Flutter is simply a NAME. Maybe her leg inspired the name, but it is nothing more than a name. Most people would not even know that her stump inspired the name if you did not tell them. And as you know, coming up with a new and different name for each 1by1 cat can be difficult, and Flutter is a name that had not been used.

With that said, if you want to rename her, than do so. MANY, MANY people rename their kitties after adoption. (but Tripod is NOT an option...LOL)

catmandu
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM
I voted no,as well as not only is Flutter a fine name,but an unique one too.

furrykidsmother
11-30-2005, 09:13 AM
I voted no. I have always thought the name very pretty.

christa
11-30-2005, 09:14 AM
I like her name.

But if she's being adopted, I don't think it really matters. It should be up to them. Know what I mean?

catnapper
11-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I like her name.

But if she's being adopted, I don't think it really matters. It should be up to them. Know what I mean?
LOL... then its up to me! I am the one adopting her! LOL! :D :D :D

She's in the carrier right now to go to her ap[pointment. :(

Randi
11-30-2005, 10:18 AM
I voted no. I like the name Flutter, and I didn't know it was associated with her leg.

Oh Flutter, you're on your way to have the operation - I hope it goes really well!! And I hope you'll be happy with your new family too. :)

Hope you can keep us updated on her in the future.

Felix
11-30-2005, 10:55 AM
I think you should keep the name Flutter,I like it :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 10:59 AM
NO !!!! Don't change her name! I love the name "Flutter", it has such a sweet sound!
Good luck with your "sir Gery" lovely Flutter!!

catnapper
11-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok, Flutter is her name and shall always be! :D

I dropped her off and bawled my eyes out. Angel went along for the ride and got her rabies shot. I had to call one of the directors of the rescue while at the vet's to ask about her shots because they were not in the file, and the person asked me if I was all right... and the water works started again.

Dear God, please make this the right thing to do. I will not be able to live with the guilt if something happens or if she walks WORSE after the surgery.

Here come the tears again :(

furrykidsmother
11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Kim, I am sure that you are doing the right thing. I hope all goes well. Will be thinking good thoughts of both of you.

I am happy you are adopting her and keeping her name.

christa
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
LOL... then its up to me! I am the one adopting her! LOL! :D :D :D

She's in the carrier right now to go to her ap[pointment. :(

REALLY???

I thought that she was going to a family once her surgeries were finished. :confused:

Well then, do what you want, LOL . . . I don't think that Flutter really describes her handicap though. It's a dainty name that describes her personality. :) Isn't she a girly girl?

Maybe I was getting her confused with Angel . . . is Angel being adopted? *please excuse me . . . I'm a mess sometimes*