PDA

View Full Version : Blood, Blood Everywhere

K & L
11-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I walk in the door this afternoon after a busy day at work and to my horror I find blood EVERYWHERE. Not just a drop here and there but pools of it on the floor, counter, and on the high up shelves. Blood splatters were all over the walls, ceiling, doors, cabinets, and mirrors. I started searching for all the cats in hopes I wouldn’t find one dead or near death from an injury. My first thought was Leila since she was such a newby, but she was fine. I kept searching one by one then Mouser came out running to me acting strangely. At first I didn’t notice anything wrong with him, but as I was investigating the bedroom he jumped on the counter by the sink and I noticed part of his tail appeared missing. I called Kevin and he came home and rushed Mouser to the vets. They were packed with people so we had to leave him there and are waiting for their call. In the meantime we’ve been scrubbing everything and cannot believe the mess. To our amazement there wasn’t a drop of blood on any of the furniture. We’re wondering if he got his tail caught in something, or there was a major fight. Here’s just a few examples of what we saw. This doesn’t show you all the splatters on walls etc. but will give you an idea.

Avon investigating
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p9690e71350911b4cc48f28fd20392ecf/f1412f40.jpg
Entry to our bedroom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pcf40117d50402930d9fe4fef76dfea6f/f1412f2b.jpg
Heading toward kitchen
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pce19a95262a83a8f83bcdccf49ebf102/f1412f2a.jpg
Kitchen counter
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pcf824e907acadf9e30efb260a184c15d/f1412f26.jpg

Up towards the ceiling
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pb3eecda8c888e3bbfb920314ad6db9c9/f1412f1d.jpg

kb2yjx
11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
This is not what one wants to walk in the door and see!!! Hope Mouser will be OK. Sometimes hydrogen peroxide is good for getting up blood. If not, the old standby, bleach! Sandra

K & L
11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Just got a call from the vet :( guess part of Mouser's tail has to be removed. He said it appears he caught it in something vs. a fight. It is ripped down to the bone. I cannot figure out what could've done this to him. There is nothing knocked over or out of place, just BLOOD. I guess we may never know. Poor little guy. We'll pick him up sometime tomorrow.

Uabassoon
11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
OMG how scary! I'm sorry to hear about his tail :(

catnapper
11-29-2005, 07:25 PM
:eek: OMG.... I'd have panicked to see that! :eek:

Por Mouser. I am sure he'll be fine once its healed, but in the meantime, don't tail injuries take some time to heal?

catmandu
11-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought that when I read the title that some Lunatics had gotten in and hurt your Cats!
Thank God they are all right!
I cant think either of what on Earth Mouser could have gotten her tail stuck in,that could do that sort of damage!
We are praying that Mousers tail heals very soon!

rosethecopycat
11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Poor guy.

He'll be fine with the new model tail.

kimlovescats
11-29-2005, 07:35 PM
OH MY GOSH, LISA!!!! :eek: I would have freaked out finding something like that. You poor thing, I know you had to have been expecting the worse! :( Poor Mouser, I wonder what the heck happened? Maybe a clue will turn up eventually. SURELY a fight wouldn't be THAT bad!!!

Gentle kissies to Mouser's hurt tail and big hugs to you!

Kim

K & L
11-29-2005, 07:55 PM
OH MY GOSH, LISA!!!! :eek: I would have freaked out finding something like that. You poor thing, I know you had to have been expecting the worse! :( Poor Mouser, I wonder what the heck happened? Maybe a clue will turn up eventually. SURELY a fight wouldn't be THAT bad!!!

Gentle kissies to Mouser's hurt tail and big hugs to you!

Kim

I can't even explain how my heart sunk when I saw this. He had to have flicked his bloody tail everywhere. It looked like someone had gotten stabbed or something. We're finally done cleaning up and what a pain. We have textured walls and the blood was in all the little crevices. We had to scrub and scrub. We're just thankful he wasn't hurt worse. I guess we'll have to rename him Stubby. Poor little guy.

Prairie Purrs
11-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Poor Mouser! :(

Tail wounds do bleed like crazy. Cricket used to chomp her tail until it bled, then she'd run through the house and it was the same thing as with Mouser--blood everywhere.

Donnaj4962
11-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Poor little Mouser.... and you. I can only imagine how you must have felt when you walked into the bloody mess. Hugs, prayers and warm thoughts being sent his way for a speedy recovery.

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 10:13 PM
I am still having heart failure over this! HOW HORRIABLE! For him and for you! POOR BABY!! He must have been so horrified when it got caught in something or on something.. Gee... time to call in the CSI people and see if they can figure out what got his tail... I am just stunned.... POOR BABY!!!

I think I would have been to scared to go any further once I saw the second spots of blood .... gee, I am totally stunned.

Grace
11-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Poor Mouser - he must have been in a panic. Luckily he had a long tail to begin with.

Our Reese lost an inch of her tail right after we found her - and it was short to begin with.

rg_girlca
11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
OMG Lisa, I got shivers from the top of my head, right down to my toes reading this and then seeing the pictures. :eek:

Poor, poor Mouser and poor you. How horrible that must have been for you to walk in and see that. Oh gosh, my heart goes out to you.

I pray that all goes well with his surgery and he has a full and speedy recovery.

Oh big ((((((HUGS))))))for you Lisa.

sandragonfly
11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
oh lisa, I'm so sorry you came home to this!

this have happened to me before but not as worse as you .. I know how heartaching, scary, etc this is!!

not knowing what cause is the worst part (me either) .. I really hope you will find what have made stubby bleed.. :( otherwise, another of your cat(s) may get hurt that way too! :eek:

(((((LISA))))) please know I'm thinking of you .. :( :( keep all of us posted please.

AlleyCat
11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh my gosh! That's a lot of blood! I surely hope his tail recovers quickly, and glad that it was not anything worse than this! I would've assumed the worst myself coming home to that .. Keep us posted on how he's doing !!

shais_mom
11-29-2005, 11:21 PM
how scary!
I hope he is ok soon!

kuhio98
11-29-2005, 11:29 PM
XoXoXo
Sweet Mouser, I'm so sorry for your tail. Mommy will kiss it and make it all better.

Corinna
11-29-2005, 11:42 PM
OMG poor little Mouser what did you do. Scareing mom and dad, not to mention yourself. Prayers to you all.

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Poor Mouser. :( I'm glad to hear that he's going to be okay. Hopefully you'll be able find out what he caught his tail on so no more of your furkids will ever get hurt. Pearl sends purrs, kittten kisses, and headbumpies to her old playmate. Please continue to keep us updated and please take care.

Barbara
11-30-2005, 02:56 AM
It's a shock even if you only read it! How could that happen to an indoor cat? And what fight could have been so heavy?

I am so sorry and send thousand kissies to Mouser- he'll be the most handsome even with a shorter tail. Poor boy :(

.sarah
11-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Oh my gosh that is absolutely horrible :(

I hope he's okay. Did he seem to be in pain? Tail wounds are a pain in the butt :(

koxka
11-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Mouse&Elisa, my heart ache for you.My little naughty boy got hurt! :(

Titet sent sweet headbumpies and healing purrs to her love for a speedy recovery.And she said to me to point that she loves him with or without tail. :)

Sonia59
11-30-2005, 04:13 AM
OMG, poor Mouser! :( I hope it is not as painful as there is blood everywhere! Many kisses to Mouser and quick healing!
What could have caused that :confused:

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2005, 04:18 AM
What a sight that must have been to walk into to. How awful, what on earth could he have done?

I hope that sweet little tail heals very soon!

jenluckenbach
11-30-2005, 05:19 AM
YOWCH! Poor Mouser. :(

Something similar happened to our RB girl Amanda. An unknown tail injury resulted in amputation. But she looked quite cute with her little stump. :)

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2005, 06:25 AM
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It looks like a masacre! Poor Mouser, and poor you and your husband having to deal with all that blood. :( Do you have a recliner that he could have been napping in? Those can grab hold of body parts and injure them if someone sits in them unaware a cat is inside...and it just takes one sizable kitty to jump up at the wrong time.... :( Hope you can figure it out, and prevent it from happening to any of the others. Kisses to Mouser...poor guy!

K & L
11-30-2005, 07:04 AM
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It looks like a masacre! Poor Mouser, and poor you and your husband having to deal with all that blood. :( Do you have a recliner that he could have been napping in? Those can grab hold of body parts and injure them if someone sits in them unaware a cat is inside...and it just takes one sizable kitty to jump up at the wrong time.... :( Hope you can figure it out, and prevent it from happening to any of the others. Kisses to Mouser...poor guy!

No, we do not have a recliner. Nothing was fallen, out of place, or out of the ordinary...except BLOOD. Mouser's been very aggressive lately and I thought there had been a cat fight, but the vet said it appears it was caught versus a fight. We may never know what happened. You would think with all the cleaning we had to do we'd find where it happened, but we didn't.

K & L
11-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks everyone! I will update you all as soon as his surgery is done. Should be sometime early this morning, and it's 6:05 a.m. here. Poor little guy, not only did he have to go through this trauma but had to stay overnight at the vets. He must think we abandoned him. :(

sirrahbed
11-30-2005, 07:08 AM
oh my!! Poor Mouser :( Any clues as to what happened Lisa? What a fright you had - gives me shudders. Thankfully the surgery today will mnake Mouser all well again. But, YIKES!! :eek:

((((HUGS)))) to you and Kevin

Randi
11-30-2005, 07:29 AM
What a horrible thing to happen - poor Mouser! :( It must have hurt so bad. :(

Could his tail have been in the door - and one of the others came running and shut it on him? Oh, poor boy! :(

I hope the operation goes well and he keeps most of his tail.

Gentle kisses to Mouser and hugs to you.

K & L
11-30-2005, 07:37 AM
What a horrible thing to happen - poor Mouser! :( It must have hurt so bad. :(

Could his tail have been in the door - and one of the others came running and shut it on him? Oh, poor boy! :(

I hope the operation goes well and he keeps most of his tail.

Gentle kisses to Mouser and hugs to you.

No, he was running loose in the house (reason blood was everywhere). No doors were closed that shouldn't have been. We just can't figure out where he caught it. The vet said bone was sticking out. :( It may remain a mystery. He had no access to the outdoor cat run either. Wish we knew.

rkidsrcats
11-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Poor Mouser. Good luck with his surgery and recovery. These are the times when you wish you had a 24 hr "cat-cam" going in the house just to see what is going on. 99% of the time - they sleep while you are gone. But just this once, you wish you had surveillance cameras! :eek:

How scarey for you to come home to that!

Get better Mouser - and don't do whateveritwasyoudid......AGAIN!

Lobodeb
11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
How terrible for you to come home to such a sight! Did you ever find the piece that was taken off? How odd that something could have done such damage!

I hope Mouser is ok.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I would have been in a total panic to find such a site when I got home! I'm so sorry for poor naw-tee little mouser. Maybe this is what he needed to learn a lesson to make him less aggressive. Goofy kitties, why do they always have to learn the hard way, which is always so hard on us too!

I hope he's out of surgery by now and is starting to think about coming home....although how do you think he'll do with a cone? I know tail problems are sometimes sooo difficult because once hurt, it's hard to keep the cats away from them.

Sweet, gentle smoochies to our naw-tee boy, and {{{hugs}}} for you, Lisa. :)

PS - Thought I would find a similar scene at an ungodly hour this morning at my house. Heard P & CJ going at it and thought - by the noises being made - it was the end for Peanut. But of course when I got up to see what was going on they both give me that innocent look like "what's wrong meowmy?" :rolleyes:

Felix
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM
I would have freaked :eek: ,It must have been scary.Poor Mouser :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 11:06 AM
OMG that would have got me totally freaked out!!! :eek:
Whatever happened, Mouse must have been in a lot of pain..... :( . On a moment like this, I wish that cats could "talk HUman"....

Good luck with your sirgury Mouser, you will be back home soon!!

K & L
11-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Just called the vets and Mouser still hasn't had his surgery. :( I keep thinking how her ran to me and jumped up on the counter where I was standing. It was like he was asking me to help him. :(

Barbara
11-30-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm so sorry that Mouser still has to wait. Poor, poor little boy. :(

RedHedd
11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Poor guy! That must have been frightening. Prayers going out your way that they don't have to remove too much and that the surgery is quick and painless ... Poor Stubby

ramanth
11-30-2005, 12:38 PM
How very scary!! :eek: :( Poor Mouser. :(

Where on the tail was the injury? Will he have to lose all of the tail? Reebok had his tail shut in the door by a former friend and had to have the tip amputated. We can see the difference but a total stranger wouldn't be able to tell.

It must be maddening not knowing what caused it. :( :(

carole
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Gosh if only our cats could talk, what an awful ordeal for you to go through, Mouser will be fine though, at least you did not get the tail caught as i did with my lil Lexie, one thing about a short tail , it distinguishes them from any other cat, I remember taking lexie for her check up the vet commented what a cute little tail, I guess she thought she was born with it, unfortunately I said no it was courtesy of me and your other vet that one.

Here's hoping Mouser's surgery goes well and he will make a good recovery.,better get the collar ready, they just love to pick at those stitches, nawtee kitties.

K & L
11-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Mouser is doing fine after his minor surgery. They had to remove 2 inches from the tail. He is in a cone since he was pulling at his badges. We will have to seclude him, probably in the spare bath, until his stitches get removed in 10 days. I will post pictures sometime this evening of the little bugger.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Wonderful news!

Well....wonderful about him doing well, not so wonderful that you'll have to seclude him. Hmmm....let see how much damage one cat can do to a bathroom in 10 days. ;)

ramanth
11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
So happy to hear that the surgery went well. Heal up soon Mouser!

carole
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear all went well, yes they just love pulling at those stitches and hate those cones, he will have about the same length tail as my lexie by the sound of things, just a cuter shorter version, no tapered end,but he will be just fine in no time at all, HUGS to you and scritches to Mouser.

K & L
11-30-2005, 04:24 PM
He's home and having fit being in the bathroom. He's howling and scratching on the door. I don't know if I can take this for 10 days! He sure was happy to see me though.

Corinna
11-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Poor Mouser does he really have to be away from every one. Bad enough a cone but mom really.

lizbud
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Poor Mouser does he really have to be away from every one. Bad enough a cone but mom really.

I was thinking the same thing. If he has the cone on, why does he have to
be separated from the others?

Hope he heals quickly.

.sarah
11-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing. If he has the cone on, why does he have to
be separated from the others?

Hope he heals quickly.
The others could easily rip out his stitches from playing & the like.

Glad to hear he is home and okay. He'll settle down after a while. :)

kimlovescats
11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm glad to hear that our little guy is ok and back home. Tell him I said to be careful next time and watch out for those "mouser traps"! ;)

christa
11-30-2005, 04:57 PM
OMG! I can't believe I missed this earlier! Poor baby! There's no telling what he got into. It does make you wonder though!

Well, take it from me . . . Brodie is my stubby tailed baby . . . he was just a baby when he had trauma to his tail and he is still the most skittish little kitty I've ever seen. But he's a sweet as he can be. It will just make you feel MORE sorry for him and give him even MORE attention. ;)

AlleyCat
11-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Poor kitty, here's hoping for a speedier recovery and he can be out in less than 10 days. At least he came through the surgery fine - kudos to meowmie for getting him to the vet asap !!

clarebear
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
The others could easily rip out his stitches from playing & the like.

Glad to hear he is home and okay. He'll settle down after a while. :)

I so agree Sarah!

Maybe you could keep him away from the others in one room till he is healed?

K & L
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes, the vets main concern were all the other cats. Remember we have 24! :eek: OK, I broke down and let him out while I can supervise. I figure when we go to work we'll seclude him and at night when we're sleeping. He's been very calm and the others have actually left him alone. I'll have some pictures here real soon.

Catsnclay
11-30-2005, 06:17 PM
He's home and having fit being in the bathroom. He's howling and scratching on the door. I don't know if I can take this for 10 days! He sure was happy to see me though.

You should be happy that you go to work for the day!! If I know Mouser, he should heal in less than 10 days. I'm sure he will be back to the same old Mouser that we have come to know & love.

Oh, a good solution for you & Kevin while home...............drink heavily, that should drown out the pitiful meows! :rolleyes: :eek: (ok, you do know that I'm really only teasing you!!!! :D )

Lobodeb
11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
2 inches! :eek:

Wow! That must have been a heck of an injury. Glad he's out of surgery and on his way to recovery.

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Lisa, I'm glad to hear that Mouser's surgery went well and that he's now home. Please get well soon Mouser and I hope you make a speedy and full recovery. :)

K & L
12-01-2005, 04:34 AM
2 inches! :eek:

Wow! That must have been a heck of an injury. Glad he's out of surgery and on his way to recovery.

I think the injury was that far up, plus bone was exposed. :(

Randi
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm so glad to hear Mouser's surgery went well, but uhh, 2 inches!! :(

Glad you let him out of the bathroom - with you around it should be OK. :) It sounds promising that the others left him alone, hope it will continue that way.

Heal well, Mouser!

Donnaj4962
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Glad to hear that surgery went well and Mouser is home and healing. It sure is a "conundrum" as to what actually happened!

Here's to a speedy recovery.... and staying out of trouble little cutie Mouser! Your meowmie cannot take this again! (Neither can you Mouser!)

DogLover9501
12-01-2005, 03:39 PM
:eek: How scary!!

I hope Mouser's recovery goes smoothly :)

catmandu
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
The Scariest Thing Happened When Scratchy , Michael And Another Porchie Fred Went Into A Neighbors Yard And Killed The Easter Bunny That He Was Going To Give His Daughter.
Michael Was A Young Tag Along , But Being A Barn Cat He Snuck Away When The Man Chased The Older Strays Off.
I Have A Feel He Would Have Killed Any Of Those Cats Had He Caught One Of Them.
That Was The End Of Outdoor Michael!!

Catsnclay
09-29-2007, 04:23 PM
OMG!! :eek:

I just talked to you on the phone and you didn't mention this, then as I kept reading this all started to sound very familiar.........looked at the orginal date of the thread..........:rolleyes:

WHEW!!!!!!

Ok, my heart is beating normal, again............:p

Catty1
09-29-2007, 04:32 PM
THIS is the thread that Lisa posted for replies:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134188

Catsnclay
09-29-2007, 04:57 PM
THIS is the thread that Lisa posted for replies:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134188

WHAT the ........???!!!!

I can't reply to THIS thread? :rolleyes:

I did see her other thread, but since I had NO reply to it and I DO have a reply to this one that means I can't reply to this one???!!!!!

Jeez............

moosmom
09-29-2007, 05:01 PM
:(:( Poor Mouser!! Trace the trail. I'm sure eventually you'll figure it out. I'm curious, so please keep us posted!!

Heal well baby.

Catty1
09-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Catsnclay....LOLOL! Yeah, I know...but a couple of folks seem to think that Mouser just NOW lost his tail!

SURE - post anywhere you want! Like I even have to tell you! :D

Heck, I went back through some threads and found out what happened to Mouser's tail. I am sure it has grown all its fur back and is looking gorgeous! :)

Medusa
09-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Not sure where I'm supposed to post so this will have to do. I'm sure glad Mouser is ok. That was an awful sight to come home to and have your poor li'l guy jump up for you to help him. If it's any consolation, my first "official" rescue, Peeka, had to have her entire tail removed; she had only a slight stub but she did great and lived for 14 years. No balance problems, nothing. Mouser will do wonderfully w/all your love and good vet care.