PDA

View Full Version : The hit of the century

catnapper
11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow, I spend so much time making cozy places for the cats to sleep in. I provide comfy baskets, plenty of toys, great companionship.... and what do they get excited about? An old box with holes cut in it :rolleyes:

I can see you, but you can't see me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/IseeYou.jpg

Then the fun begins when another kitty comes along and stares into the hole :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Peekaboo.jpg

I did this yesterday and its not been vacant since. I've had ABBY sharing the boc and CUDDLING with either Angel or Flutter. :eek: Pouncer and Flutter cozied up. :eek: Is it a MAGICAL box? A box that makes kitties get along? ;)

catmandu
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Like Children at Christmas Cats like to be able to use thier Imaginations,and have Fun in Boxes.
I dont even think that Moose The Magnificent will ever outgrow Boxes!

kb2yjx
11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Anytime a box comes into the house, there is the BIG rush to see who will sit on it FIRST!!Then once it is opened, who gets there first. Then who chases who out of the box....and so on....Paper grocery bag are the NEXT favourite at our house!! Watching the cats is better than ANY programme on TV!! Sandra

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Now THAT was a great idea... A larger box with windows cut in it! What a excellent idea! Makes me want to run to the shed and see if I got a big box!

I think that it must be the season or something.. Mine ALL of them have just been so darn sweet. Today I has AMY and Samantha in my lap and that has never, ever happened before... then just awhile ago Chester and Samantha. I woke up this morning to find Amy snuggeling up with me.. Could it be something in the water? I have got some regular luv muffins here now. :D

Rie Rie
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
I have a couple of really big boxes in the attic that I know Annie would love, but keeping the grandbaby out of it would be the problem.

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2005, 01:48 AM
A magic box? How wonderful! Will you decorate it it now? Put a little Christmas tree inside perhaps? The furries would love it!

jenluckenbach
11-30-2005, 05:27 AM
LOL......cats sure know how to amuse themselves, don't they?

LOVE! the new siggy. :D

Barbara
11-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Box houses with windows- that's the hit :D And it's MUCH better than originally designed cat houses.
Plus it gives a nice individual touch to your apartment (you being an interrior designer will appreciate this fresh and non-bourgeois approach :p )

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2005, 10:01 AM
I have to believe it's the holes in the box that make it just totally irresistible!

I know most cats like boxes, but Peanut was never so much into it until she got the box with holes. Now I can't get her out of them. :D

Great pictures!

moosmom
11-30-2005, 10:39 AM
What a great idea!! I have a huge box that Mark's computer came in. I did cut a door in it and lined it with styrofoam for warmth but no one seems to go in it. Maybe if I cut out more holes for windows it might attract them, not to mention a little spray catnip! :D :D

kimlovescats
11-30-2005, 10:41 AM
CUTE PICS! Catdaddy Jerry is in charge of playhouse construction at our house. Every time we get a fairly large box, he spends forever cutting out and planning the inside and everything. He loves his babies so much! Kind of like you do! ;)

Kim

Don Juan's mom
11-30-2005, 10:53 AM
I think that it must be the season or something.. Mine ALL of them have just been so darn sweet. Today I has AMY and Samantha in my lap and that has never, ever happened before... then just awhile ago Chester and Samantha. I woke up this morning to find Amy snuggeling up with me.. Could it be something in the water? I have got some regular luv muffins here now. :D

It's because they know that SANTA CLAWS is watching!

:D :eek: :D

Liz

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
What a briliiant idea!! You just made your cats the best cathouse possible!!!
Ha ha, those pics are hilarious!!
Great idea, next time I go to the shop for groceries, I will ask for a box as large as possible. I hope they don't ask what I need that box for..... :D , as I cannot lie so I'd have to answer "For my cats, please!" :o ;) :o

catnapper
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
LOL Lut... I'll have to ship a box over to you so that you won't have to tell your grocer why you need such a big box ;)

As you all can tell, I spent a long time on that box ;) I just simply slashed a razor to make peek holes.

Since it is such a hit, I'll have to actually cut nice shapes, plan then, and maybe get all cute like Peanut's house. Then of course they won't use it. :rolleyes: