PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested After Puppy Found Buried Alive In Yard

sammy101
11-29-2005, 04:22 PM
:eek: :mad:

Man Arrested After Puppy Found Buried Alive In Yard

ST. CLOUD, Fla. -- An anonymous tip led animal control officers to a shocking case of animal cruelty. A puppy was found buried alive in a yard near New York Avenue and 192 in St. Cloud. Osceola County Animal Control said they had never seen anything like this.

In this photo, the puppy is shown before he was saved from the hole he was buried in.

The dog's owner was arrested and before he was taken to jail said he buried the dog alive in a hole because he kept digging.

Animal Control officer Crissy Simmons had tears in her eyes when she found the 5-month-old puppy buried at his owner's home on New York Avenue in St. Cloud.

"I felt really bad for him. I picked up the wood as soon as possible and got her out of there," she said. "Sweet dog, not a mean bone in its body."

Animal Control said the dog's owner was the one with mean bones. St. Cloud police arrested 25-year-old Shawn Longfellow on the spot. Longfellow said this was only to teach his dog a lesson.

"No! He's a good dog. I just wish he'd stop digging holes!" Longfellow said.

A piece of wooden fence was placed on top of the puppy and he was placed in a hole with the wood weighing down on him. Animal Control believes the dog was buried like that for a day. There was only enough room for him to breathe, but not move.

Longfellow is charged with animal cruelty, a third-degree felony, and he was cited with a $500 fine. Now Animal Control has to petition for custody of the dog before he's available for adoption. That could take several months.

Copyright 2005 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1129/5424317_400X300.jpg

http://www.wftv.com/news/5422862/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=irresistible#

Daisy and Delilah
11-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Suddenly I feel like driving over to St. Cloud and burying the idiot Mr. Longfellow myself!! :mad: :mad: :mad: What a stupid jerk! :mad: :mad:

God, please don't ever let him own another pet :(

Vela
11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
As the saying goes, the more I know of people, the more I like my dog. Poor baby.

jackie
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
that is sickening. :(

anna_66
11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I just seen this on the news a little bit ago.
He said he was "Trying to teach the dog a lesson"...what an idiot :rolleyes: I'd like to teach him a lesson :mad:

just me
11-29-2005, 06:53 PM
:mad: :mad:

.sarah
11-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Oh my ... that is absolutely horrible. How will that teach a dog a lesson? Some people are so retarded :rolleyes:

I hope the puppy gets a great home! I wonder how they found out about him in the first place though? Maybe someone saw him burying his dog ...

joycenalex
11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Suddenly I feel like driving over to St. Cloud and burying the idiot Mr. Longfellow myself!! :mad: :mad: :mad: What a stupid jerk! :mad: :mad:

God, please don't ever let him own another pet :(
i'll rent the backhoe...lord, lord

QueenScoopalot
11-29-2005, 08:39 PM
I saw it on the news too... :mad: Reminds me a bit too much of the other piece of excrement that buried the litter of rotti pups alive and the neighbor saw the mom dog digging and whining. That must have been at least 10 years ago. I forget how much of a wrist slapping :rolleyes: that one got, but most of the pups did live. So happy this pup was found, and hope this cretin gets his, be it (so called) justice system, or street justice.

Addie
11-29-2005, 08:48 PM
omg...how evil! I would like to hit him over the head with the shovel he used to bury that puppy! But i have a question...not really concerning this...but what ever happened to the guy that had to sighn over his dog when his home was flooded...did he ever get the dog back?

elizabethann
11-30-2005, 07:38 AM
They showed the guy on t.v. getting arrested. He said he was teaching his dog a lesson because his dog kept making holes in the yard.

This guy deserves a kick in the a$$ and groin.

Van10
11-30-2005, 11:48 AM
i'll rent the backhoe...lord, lord

I'd like to bury his a$$ too! :mad: :mad:

What an IDIOT! :mad: :rolleyes:

Addie
11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
what did happen to the other guy though? The one i asked a question about...

senorita02
12-01-2005, 07:53 AM
He needs to die by being buried in a hole!

lvpets2002
12-01-2005, 08:00 AM
:mad: :mad: It is just digusting & I hope they punish this man the same way & or making this man stay outside in the cold or something.. Well lets see all three of my dogs digg & digg & have holes all over the yard & the way I see it is that keeps their toe nails trimmed & I dont have to get a Vet to do it.. :o

Muddy4paws
12-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I dont get some people why even get a dog if your not prepaired to do the hard work that goes with it? Someone should teach him a lesson or maybe just spare some braincells.

todd
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
:mad: what a sick men he is :mad: :mad: