PDA

View Full Version : Whoooops!!!!

Lobodeb
11-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Where do I start? The beginning, is best I suppose.

I'm pregnant. (I know, no big news flash). I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at the very beginning of my pregnancy, so since then, my doctor is taking every possible precaution. Fine.

I now have to go for non stress testing twice a week and get my amiotic fluid checked once a week. (I guess high blood pressure=low fluid). Fine.

My hubby and I didn't want to know the sex of the baby because we wanted to do it "the old fashioned way" and wait. Fine.

I'm getting my ultrasound yesterday, a nurse walks in and says, "Oh, is that the baby's little _______?"

I now know what my baby is. :( I've waited 35 weeks. I'm not disappointed about my baby's gender, I'm disappointed because I know.

Oh well.

Hubby and I have decided we're not telling anyone. Come to find out, he saw what the baby was at my 20 week ultrasound. He's kept it from me all this time! That little butthead. :rolleyes:

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I just was told that I have to go in for non-stress testing twice a week from now until the baby's born. It's not a huge deal, the hospital is about a minute away, it's just a pain in the butt with the OBGYN appointments now being weekly PLUS the Univ. of MD still wanting me to come down every few weeks for a sonogram...

I'd feel the same way you do if I had gone the entire time and then someone slipped up at the very end. Everyone I've ever dealt with always asked me first off if I knew what gender the baby was and I really appreciated it.

new mom to a veiled
11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
LMAO...........I'm sorry Deb :o I can't help it!!!!! Did we not have this conversation like 3 weeks ago!!!!! Although it is terrible you have gone this long to have somebody just walk in and ruin it!!!! Sorry sweetie!!!!!

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Congratulations, I am guessing its a boy???hehe

Jessika
11-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Ugh that's so rude :( I think that all doctors should ask patients if they want to know the gender or not, and not tell them! And the nurses should know better than to just blurt out comments like that! LOL But congratulations just the same! At least now you know what type of clothes to ask for and how to decorate the room!

Lobodeb
11-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Everyone I've ever dealt with always asked me first off if I knew what gender the baby was and I really appreciated it.

Me too! The person giving the ultrasound even told me to look away because she was "down there." And she didn't want me to see anything. That was when the other nurse walked in. She knew I didn't want to know. She now claims that she didn't give anything away.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Lobodeb
11-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Congratulations, I am guessing its a boy???hehe

Thanks. We're not telling! :p

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Well you know the ultrasound is not conclusive, my daughter looked like a girl and she was although I didn't really want to know, I can't remember now why they showed me, my husband probably talked them into it. My second was a total surprise.