PDA

View Full Version : Glass in Foot?

sandragonfly
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM

how do you know if there's a glass in your foot? :confused:

I ran downstairs to lanudry room this morning as it was raining - now I found a deep open-cut on my foot, it hurts (painfully deep inside) but I don't see anything except dirt, crumbs of pebbles.

I guess that's what I get for being lazy finding my left sandal my cats hid! :rolleyes:

Jessika
11-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Well normally you will see it, but other times once you get the cut cleaned out and the bleeding stopped and you poke around in there with a pair of tweezers or whatnot, you can usually see, or feel, something.

But if you don't but you suspect something IS still in there, this is this... black tar-ish stuff you can buy to cover the wound and it "draws out" stuff. I can't remember the name, my parents used to have some in a small round orange container. The stuff was thick and black and smelled funny, but it would draw out all kinds of stuff. I don't know HOW but it did!

Lady's Human
11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Gina,

That's it, girl. We're going to kidnap you, wrap you in bubblewrap, and put you in a padded room with the menagerie. Don't worry, you get your sidekick as well, and we'll slide food in under the door 3x a day. :D

lizbud
11-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Gina,

That's it, girl. We're going to kidnap you, wrap you in bubblewrap, and put you in a padded room with the menagerie. Don't worry, you get your sidekick as well, and we'll slide food in under the door 3x a day. :D

Excellent idea. Long overdue. :D

sandragonfly
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
*giggling!*

:eek: ..how could you???

uh-nuh... :o make me! *runs away* ..

3x a day.. hm, 8AM - 2PM, 2:05PM - 8PM & 8:05PM to 7:55AM, right?? :D

jessika... black-tar? yikes, you get an idea putting something inside that hole.. ewww! :o but, allright.. I'll try if I can't find anything still. it has stopped bleeding, I think I've saw something shiny.. :confused: I'm afraid if my tweezers would just push it down more.. icky! :p

Jessika
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Well its not black-tar, its kind of a tarry substance though. I can't remember the name of it though I can remember what the jar looks like :(

Corinna
11-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I think you mean Denver mud I haven't thought of it in years.
Gina dear try flushing it out Run water from one side to the other.
I did just buy a ton of bubble wrap. And I have lots and lots of the packing peanuts. Just box her up and send her to me. These daughters you know!!!! :D

lizbud
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Well its not black-tar, its kind of a tarry substance though. I can't remember the name of it though I can remember what the jar looks like :(

You are probably thinking of Ichthammol. My mom used that a long time ago.

http://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.php?itemnum=1225&ad=goowmdos

I wouldn't mess with it. Call your Dr for an appointment. Let him look at it.

furrykidsmother
11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Ouch! Yes, you may want a doctor to take a look. I had a similar incident a number of years ago. I thought I got it, but after a couple days my foot was so sore I couldn't walk on it. Had to go to ER and they had to open up the cut to get the glass out and I was on crutches for a week.

poofy
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Och, that can hurt, sometimes proxide can help wash it out???

.sarah
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I don't know if it's because I'm so pale, but I never see the glass whenever I get some in my foot. I just have to poke around a bit and I can hear it crunching in my foot LOL. Once I make myself bleed with the tweezers (not on purpose, but eventually it happens) I can see it better, and I take it right out.

sandragonfly
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
"black-tar".. :) it was cool to know though.

gosh.. thank god I don't have to hear the crunching! it gives me shivers. :o

my foot was a bit sore this morning and I read furrykidsmother's.. :eek:

really, I think I got it (so so slightest small one) out by flushing it with water then cleaned it up with hydrogen peroxide (stiiiing).. I don't wanna go back to white coats! :(

don't worry, I'll keep an eye on it. ;) thanks!

Lady's Human
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
One more trip to the white coats for you, girl, and we're going to kidnap you and stuff you into the upstairs in our house and keep you away from all:

Sharp objects
cars
blunt objects

Am I missing anything here? :D

sandragonfly
11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
and hills (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=84634)! :D

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I agree it's time for bubble wrap for you! I have heard (don't laugh) duct tape rolled sticky side out helps remove glass from skin. Epsom salts I think may be more helpful. :rolleyes: Years back I had a similar pain in my foot..always barefoot shame on me..and it was days of annoyance trying to see the glass fragment in my foot. Soon as I tried looking it would vanish into the rumples, or I'd get a cramp that killed! After 3 days of limping I managed to get my foot into just then right position, and found.....you'd never guess! :rolleyes:
wondering now right? :confused:
shall I tell you? :o
OK..a DOG HAIR! :eek:
Yup..our old RB coon hound cross Max had such stiff fur, a piece stuck into my foot for days! :rolleyes:

poofy
11-30-2005, 10:27 PM
oh my word I would have never guessed it..wow, but glad you found it and got it out now you can heal :)

Corinna
11-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Gina glad to hear you got it. Please no more trips to the white coats for you. I don't know if our nerves here could handle it.( you know you have a ton of moms here)

.sarah
11-30-2005, 11:21 PM
I agree it's time for bubble wrap for you! I have heard (don't laugh) duct tape rolled sticky side out helps remove glass from skin. Epsom salts I think may be more helpful. :rolleyes: Years back I had a similar pain in my foot..always barefoot shame on me..and it was days of annoyance trying to see the glass fragment in my foot. Soon as I tried looking it would vanish into the rumples, or I'd get a cramp that killed! After 3 days of limping I managed to get my foot into just then right position, and found.....you'd never guess! :rolleyes:
wondering now right? :confused:
shall I tell you? :o
OK..a DOG HAIR! :eek:
Yup..our old RB coon hound cross Max had such stiff fur, a piece stuck into my foot for days! :rolleyes:
How odd :eek: