PDA

View Full Version : How Early Do You Have To Get Up In the Morning To Let Your Dog(s) Out?

Bonny
11-29-2005, 01:20 PM
It is usually 6:00-6:30 at my house. Everyones bladders get pretty full. I noticed daylight savings time & the cold weather outside has caused some changes. If the weather is cold they are out in a flash & back in a flash. Then we all have to adjust to the time changes & that takes awhile. If there are deer in the yard there will be a merry chase also & barking.

ramanth
11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
In the summer I get up at 7 and I leave for work at 8:30. I take Kia out between 8 and 8:30.

In the winter, I try to get up around 6:30 and I take Kia out between 7:45 and 8:15. If the weather is really bad, I leave at 8. If it's mildly snowing, I leave at 8:15.

poofy
11-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I get up some where aound 6:30 SammyJ n Yollie are ready to really get out by that time..lol... :)

Jessika
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Ours can usually hold it in ALL night with no problems. I'm surprised, too. I just make sure to let them out to potty five minutes before going to bed and even if we sleep in they never have accidents.. we just make sure to let them out first thing :)

pitc9
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
If it were up to Sierra, we all would sleep in till noon everyday :rolleyes:
But Buddy never lets me sleep in past 7:30am.

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I wake up at 4am for work and the dogs are still snoring by the time I leave!

Glacier
11-29-2005, 01:52 PM
It varies by dog. Most of them want out by about 7am. They usually come in for the last time around 11pm. Hobo occasionally wants out at 4am, if he has had too much water!

Sleet waits until I leave for work before she even moves off her bed. On weekends, Chum will sleep beside me for as long as I stay in bed. He loves a good sleep-in morning!

Paxil and Preacher would both prefer to stay inside all day every day. I have to argue with both of them to get them outside at all. Paxil prefers to go out only when her harness is involved. If she's not working, she'll stay by the woodstove! The last thing I do every morning before heading for work is take Paxil to the door! On days when I am home, I let them decide when they want out. They can both go up to 18 hours before asking to go outside! I'm pretty sure I could litter train them, but I'm not going there!

Lobodeb
11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
My hubby is up at 4 AM and has Maggy accostomed to going then. She doesn't understand the concept of weekends despite what time we let her out the night before. :rolleyes:

I shouldn't be too upset, however, she wakes my hubby up at 4 AM on weekends, not me. :o

lv4dogs
11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I let the dogs out RIGHT before I go to bed at night which is usually between 10-11.

Weekdays I get up between 5:15-5:45 in the winter (about a 30-45 minutes later in the summer).

Weekends I usually am up by 7-7:30 (slept in till 8:30 this past Sun, thats the longest I have slept in in about a year), partially because of me being used to waking up so early on weekdays & partially because of Kaige. lol

Kaige always has to potty right away, but he has no problem holding it all night.

Raustyk is usually ready to go outside about 5-15 minutes after she wakes up. (she's groggy for a while after she wakes up, so it takes her a little while). She loves it when I sleep in!!!! ;)

Nanook on the other hand I have to shove out the door most of the time. I swear that dog will hold it forever.

About 6-7 years ago, the first time I lived in Eugene Oregon I got arrested for walking my dogs on the wrong side of the street... twice , the first time I got a warning, the second time I got a ticket AND jail time. (it was a different street the second time but they still weren't allowed there but I didn't know). Anyways they took my dogs (Nanook and Kessa my old rott/husky) to the shelter until I was released which was 5 days later! :eek:
The workers there asked me if Nanook had a problem, he wouldn't go potty the ENTIRE time he was there. :eek: I asked them if they took the dogs to a grassy area to potty they said no. I said there's your problem he won't potty on anything but grass. But I never knew he would hold it for 5 whole days. He peed for a good 5-10 minutes.

k9krazee
11-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Depends on the dog, Jack and Kyra get right up when I get up and want outside, schooldays its usually 6:00. Mini and Shadow get right up too but don't want outside, they must eat thier breakfast first. Micki would sleep all day if you let him, he usually wants out closer to 7:30.

Flatcoatluver
11-29-2005, 02:38 PM
we get out at 4:oo and even if it is the weekend they won't take any later.

pnance
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I usually get up for work around 5:00 and let the dogs out then. 3 of them run out the door, Bear I usually have to pry off the bed and shove out the door. Weekends, 3 of them would probably sleep till noon if they could, but Hunter doesn't recognize weekends and gets up at 5:00 wanting out. I think he could hold it, but he's convinced he can't.

Nanook on the other hand I have to shove out the door most of the time. I swear that dog will hold it forever.

I think Bear and Nanook would get along well... :D I have to shove him out the door as well. If I let him he'd probably hold it 2-3 days to avoid going down our hill into the yard..most of the time he just walks out the door pouting and lays on the deck until the others come up. :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I think Bear and Nanook would get along well... :D I have to shove him out the door as well. If I let him he'd probably hold it 2-3 days to avoid going down our hill into the yard..most of the time he just walks out the door pouting and lays on the deck until the others come up. :rolleyes:

That is too funny. Nanook will also just sit there on my porch sometimes, sometimes for hours before he wanders into the yard to potty.

AllAmericanPUP
11-29-2005, 02:54 PM
just whenever i get up, usually between 9 and 10

finn's mom
11-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Finn gets up when I do...and, that depends on when we go to bed. The last month, I've been an insomniac, and, going to be no earlier than 4 or 5. So, we'd go out around 5 or whatever...and, then, he'd be fine til noon or 1 pm.

IRescue452
11-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Autumn dosn't like to be woken until 9 or 10 am. Pepper doesn't care because she's reverted to going in the basement at night when she has to go.

ParNone
11-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Gull comes and pokes me in the nose around 6:30 every morning to get up and play with him, but they don't actually go out to potty until around 8:00am. All three of mine have incredible bladders. Wish I could hold it that long.

Par...

pnance
11-29-2005, 03:42 PM
That is too funny. Nanook will also just sit there on my porch sometimes, sometimes for hours before he wanders into the yard to potty.

I have the feeling putting those 2 together would be interesting...they'd lay there and discuss all the reasons why we're being lame for not understanding that they'll get to it when they get to it... ;)

elizabethann
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I get up at around 6/6:30ish and take a shower and get dressed. Fenway stays in bed until about 7:00ish. Then he's ready to go after about a dozen stretches.

.sarah
11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
As long as I let them out right before bed they're good all night long.

anna_66
11-29-2005, 05:51 PM
The workers there asked me if Nanook had a problem, he wouldn't go potty the ENTIRE time he was there. :eek: I asked them if they took the dogs to a grassy area to potty they said no. I said there's your problem he won't potty on anything but grass. But I never knew he would hold it for 5 whole days. He peed for a good 5-10 minutes.
I thought my RB Keisha was the only one to do that. We had her and Angus boarded for 6 days and they said she didn't go to the bathroom once in that whole time which I found hard to belive. But when we got home I swear she peed 20 times :eek: I thought she was never going to stop!

Now as how early I have to get up, well it depends who wants out and why (I get up with them all times of the night).
Sometimes one of them thinks they hear/see something outside and want out.
Other times they are thirsty (we keep the water outside since Bon is such a slobber monster:rolleyes: )
But MOST of the time to go to the bathroom I'd say they want out around 6 or 6:30am.

tricollie4me
11-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Bijou totally lives by our schedule ;) We potty her for the last time before bed at about 10:00 p.m., and then we potty her again in the morning at about 6:45-7:00 a.m., right before she and the cats have brekkie. She's such a good girl -- when we first got her from the rescue @ 14 weeks, I thought she'd never get housetrained...now she's so dependable. I'm really proud of her!

lizbud
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
My dogs always wait for me to get up, anytime that is. :) Maggie will
sometimes do this moaning/groaning kind of sound that wakes me if I should
sleep to long for her. :D

KYS
11-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Ummm!
Ms Sheba, has to be told to go outside.
She will sleep in as long as she can.
Rocky is my alarm clock.
He gets up usually around 6:30 a.m., jumps
1/2 on my bed for head pets and than I let him outside
while Sheba tries to sleep.

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh man, Blaze can hold it FOREVER!!!:eek::p;) Seriously! But we usually let him out between 7:30 and 8...still, he's almost never ever had an accident no matter what the case!;)

dogzr#1
11-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Astra doesn't have a good bladder so she sometimes comes and wakes us up at 3 or earlier. Sometimes she waits for my parents to let her out when they get up at 5. Molly stays asleep until I get up at 6 and that is when I let her out. Prince is a sleepy head and waits until around 7:30 to be let out. We let them out at that time right before we leave for school. Molly can hold her pee for a long time too. When she was spayed she didn't go the entire time she was at the vets so when she got home she peed for a good few minutes.

wolf_Q
11-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Nebo sleeps in my room and will sleep in until whatever time I get up. If I have to get up early (6:30 or so) for work he'll get up then too...though sometimes I have to call him a few times to get him up, he's a lazy boy. If it's the weekend and I want to sleep in, he sleeps in.

My mom said once I got my own dog I could never sleep in again...she was definitely wrong on that one! ;)

The schnauzers (mostly Reggie) will usually bark early in the morning to be let outside though somehow I manage to sleep through it most of the time...my mom gets up early and lets them out.

slleipnir
11-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Whenever I get up is when they go out. They stay sleeping till I get out of bed. Although my dad will let them out before he goes to work at 7 if they need to go.

slleipnir
11-29-2005, 08:10 PM
The schnauzers (mostly Reggie) will usually bark early in the morning to be let outside though somehow I manage to sleep through it most of the time...my mom gets up early and lets them out.

I wasn't so lucky there ;) hehe

chocolatepuppy
11-29-2005, 09:36 PM
6:00 a.m. Mandy gets me up even on the weekends, she can't tell which day it is. :rolleyes:

countrycowgirl
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I will let mine out at 6 am every morning that is when I wake up anyways to go feed the horses and cows then I came back and feed the pups.... but itty sometimes will wake me up at around 4am to go out :D

tz1
11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
zero will cry and whine at me until i let him outside...this usually happens when it gets light outside, around 9-10. sometimes a little bit later, but not much.

wolfsoul
11-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Whenever I say. :p On work days she usually gets out around 7, but on non-work days she will stay in as late as noon. When I first got her, she whined and whined to be let out as early as 3 in the morning. She eventually learned that I pick the time, not her, and now she sleeps soundly beside me without a peep.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Whenever I wake up, which is anywhere from 6:00am to 11:00am depending on whether it's a weekday or weekend.

LuvGold00
11-30-2005, 01:11 AM
My gang is up between 7-7:30 with full bladders and empty tummies. They are monsters if they get their breakfast late. :) Spoiled Goldens.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Mine usually go outside at night between 11-12. They sleep all night without any problems. Usually I let them around 7 in the morning. If it's a morning I have to work then I get up and get ready then take them out around 7, just before I leave. If it's a morning I'm not working then I usually still let them out around 7 because I'm up getting Justin ready for work.

Nacey, Bitsy, and Buster could sleep until noon (or later) with no problems, they have lazy bones. Nova and especially Charlie don't like to sleep in too late and will wake me up if I sleep too late on the weekends. 7:30- 8 is the latest Charlie will let me sleep. I'm normally up by then anyway.

cali
11-30-2005, 08:01 AM
I let them out when I get up lol that could be anywhere from 6am to 1pm, they never wake me up to go out.

lv4dogs
11-30-2005, 08:32 AM
I have the feeling putting those 2 together would be interesting...they'd lay there and discuss all the reasons why we're being lame for not understanding that they'll get to it when they get to it... ;)

Haha, thats probably true. I could see that happening for sure. lol

I thought my RB Keisha was the only one to do that. We had her and Angus boarded for 6 days and they said she didn't go to the bathroom once in that whole time which I found hard to belive. But when we got home I swear she peed 20 times I thought she was never going to stop!

Glad to hear there's other dogs out there like that. I felt SOO bad for him. We were both lucky their bladders didn't burst or anything.
Nanook actually prefers to go in bushes or wooded areas especially whaen he has to do #2, but it at least has to be real ground, grass, sand something besides rock, concrete & the like.