PDA

View Full Version : Never Fails

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Boss brought me a new router today - yipeee!!!!

However, the old one has been working fine all day today, and I didn't even have to reboot it this morning!

Yesterday it was acting up soooo bad, but it just figures that now I have a new one, this one is working fine. :rolleyes:

How do inanimate objects know when they are about to be replaced? :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't know how they know. I only know that they do!

Barbara
11-29-2005, 11:30 AM
What Karen said: they know. Even my hair knows when I go to the hairdresser. It may have been horrible a week ago (it usually is) but the very same day it looks just good :cool:

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I also find that true with pain/sickness and going to a doctor... the pain/sickness just vanishes so you feel silly for going.. LOTS of times, once I fill the RX, whatever I got it for vanishes without me ever taking the first pill!

Or that car is acting up so you take it in... That elusive behavior dissapears on the way to have it looked at.

The toilet runs constantly until the day the plumber is coming.

and so the story goes........

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
As I read through the thread I was thinking....like my hair always look good...well...Barbara already said that....the car stops making the noise...the pain goes away....Laura covered that.... obviously these are universal!

When I smoked....the waiter/bus/train....always came when I had just lit a cigarette....

jackie
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
hahaha! so true.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Or pets who act like they're at death's door until you walk into the vet's office and then they're fine. :rolleyes:

OR babies that won't stop moving so that it feels like you have a tap-dancing octopus in your belly until someone places their hand on your stomach to feel the movement and they stop cold. :rolleyes:

Pets and kids and inanimate objects. Punks, the lot of them.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2005, 03:00 PM
When I smoked....the waiter/bus/train....always came when I had just lit a cigarette....I was just thinking of this example the other day. I don't remember what we were waiting for, but I remember wishing one of us smoked because then we could light up and whatever it was we were waiting for would happen. ;)

It just started acting up again, so they're not so infallible after all. ;) :rolleyes: :D