PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Threads?

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Am I losing my mind? Where are these threads going to? Deleteland? Is Karen the Mayor doing it? Is the poster doing it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Don't make me sit on a whoopee cushion! :D

PJ's Mom
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Don't make me sit on a whoopee cushion! :D

Someone find those threads. Hurry!! :D

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
The Case of the Disappearing Threads!!! Where are A&P Investigations?????

lizbud
11-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Think they're all gone to old posts heaven. :(

Randi
11-29-2005, 10:29 AM
What's the name of the thread? And who participated?? What did I miss?? Better get A&P Investigations on it! :D

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Did you look on other pages for them? Sometimes the board moves so fast that today there are there, tomorrow they are pages back. That happened to me just the other day, I was looking for a thread that was on the first page and the next day it was about 4 pages back. Then in my haste I kept overlooking it.

Ginger's Mom
11-29-2005, 10:38 AM
No I just did a search. The threads no longer exist. Johanna you may get more information if you PM someone.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
I pm'd the mayor herself...however, I think the OP did it....

Randi, you missed some lovely humour (ok, not lovely....but, funny nonetheless).

It does seem like A&P Investigations should do an inquiry! :D

Corinna
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I think Karen said the creater was too young for the board . If so she may have deleted them. I though it was getting fun. If not maybe the starter got rid of it.

catnapper
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh my! A&P Investigations is currently wrapped up in the case of the Dancing Christmas Tree! Once they determine the cause of the mysteriously moving tree and what is making ornaments fly off, they will gladly jump on this case to determine what happened to the missing threads!

christa
11-29-2005, 10:56 AM
If you're talking about all of those threads that Clarebear made, they are gone.

I pm'ed her about them yesterday . . . evidently she has left PT and took her threads with her. :rolleyes:

christa
11-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I think Karen said the creater was too young for the board . If so she may have deleted them. I though it was getting fun. If not maybe the starter got rid of it.

Too young? If we're talking about the same person, I thought she was "25"??? Maybe I was skeptical for a reason!

Randi
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Johanna, I can just imagine - since I now know a bit more about what was said. ;) We can do without these happenings all the time! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you remember how mad Fister got, when he lost his posts! :eek:

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh my! A&P Investigations is currently wrapped up in the case of the Dancing Christmas Tree! Once they determine the cause of the mysteriously moving tree and what is making ornaments fly off, they will gladly jump on this case to determine what happened to the missing threads!

Now, wait just a cotton picking minute! Any investigator could figure that one out in half a day's time! Sheesh...get them on over here! This needs their immediate attention. :D

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I Didn't Do It!

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm sure you remember how mad Fister got, when he lost his posts! :eek:

:D :D Oh yes, I remember it well! That was what lead to the Cruise of the Feline Princess, if I remember correctly, so a lot of good may come out of this yet!

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 11:08 AM
I Didn't Do It!

THIS time, Kay, THIS time...he he he

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I think she thought everyone got mad at her, I was joking when I made a comment in her thread, even had a smiley but I think she thought we were all mad. Thats too bad.

Corinna
11-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Sorry I didn't rember who started the thread. there was one that she was too young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't blame her I 'm getting tired of all the negitive stuff around here also.

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I think the person that was too young was somebody else. I don't think there was any reason to think that clarebear was lying about anything.

jackie
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Did I miss something???

Did Clarebear leave the board?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I have (had) the whoopee cushion thread bookmarked, it was hilarious. Yep, it certainly is gone. :( This (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93842) is now the thread.

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I think When Fister Lost His Posts would be an excellent book title. Like when Stella Lost Her Groove?

gemini9961
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey, what's going on? My goodness, if I am not on here every hour, I miss everything. What threads? Someone please fill me in, pretty please. :)

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey, what's going on? My goodness, if I am not on here every hour, I miss everything. What threads? Someone please fill me in, pretty please. :)

First- there were threads.
Second- they were fun and funny.
Third- they might have gotten out of hand.
Fourth- they contained whopee cushion stories and reference to Benny Hill.
Fifth- like my youth, they are gone.
Sixth- the lame-o detectives, A&P, are not taking the case as of yet...

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 12:36 PM
clarebear, if you are reading this come back, your threads were funny. I think you are a tad bit over sensitive sometimes but I like you...

clarebear
11-29-2005, 12:39 PM
clarebear, if you are reading this come back, your threads were funny. I think you are a tad bit over sensitive sometimes but I like you...

I will have to think about it, I do have a mild form aspergers and I have trouble sometimes by peoples comments what do they really mean by it.

Cookiebaker
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Who on earth are A&P?? :confused:

jackie
11-29-2005, 12:44 PM
I have trouble sometimes by peoples comments what do they really mean by it.

Then why don't you ask the person what they mean? This is like the time you thought someone insulted you, and said you wanted to quit. Don't jump to conclusions, and realize it is easy to take things the wrong way through the internet.

Anyway, if someone does insult you, just ignore them. Don't take everything to heart.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, we're all nice people here but even so - remember that we're nothing more than screen names on an internet forum to most everyone else... so even if someone does say something you don't like, it's really not worth getting upset over.

It's up to you whether or not to come back, but if you do please don't do this again (yank your threads and "disappear"). I can assure you that it won't accomplish anything but a less positive atmosphere at PT for you.

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Clare...I have a dry sense of humor...I usually try to put a smiley on my posts so people know, things come across different in writing sometimes though.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
And, if I might add to Jackie's advise- don't insult others, either, and you won't find others (most of the time) insulting you back!!! It takes two to tango, or something like that.

A&P are crackerjack (he he he) cat detectives!

clarebear
11-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Then why don't you ask the person what they mean? This is like the time you thought someone insulted you, and said you wanted to quit. Don't jump to conclusions, and realize it is easy to take things the wrong way through the internet.

Anyway, if someone does insult you, just ignore them. Don't take everything to heart.

Because I dont like that person to think I think they were being rude to me when they are not.

clarebear
11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
To answer the question of coming back

Im sorry but the answer is no and will ask for my account to be deleted. but first I need to pm some people to keep in touch with me

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Right-O... Well, have a nice life! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/042.gif

gemini9961
11-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Why do we have so many people coming and going lately? :confused:

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:05 PM
There are a lot of people, or maybe the same person opening accounts and lying. I don't believe clarebear fits that category at all.

clarebear
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
There are a lot of people, or maybe the same person opening accounts and lying. I don't believe clarebear fits that category at all.

To those who dont believe who I am check out my old old profile

clarebear_45

I was 22 then so why would I lie now?

clarebear
11-29-2005, 01:09 PM

To those who dont believe who I am check out my old old profile

clarebear_45
http://petoftheday.com/talk/member.php?u=3688

I was 22 then so why would I lie now?

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:09 PM
nobody thinks that clarebear, its just that you deleted all your old threads so nobody knows what is going on.

Why don't you just stick around and forget all this.

clarebear
11-29-2005, 01:11 PM
nobody thinks that clarebear, its just that you deleted all your old threads so nobody knows what is going on.

Why don't you just stick around and forget all this.

some people dont think I am 25 so I dont want to hang around with people who think I am lieing.

But thanks for your support

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I believe you and the lying thing is a pet peeve with me but I never felt that you were lying, someone had opened an account and said they were 12, that got confused with you. Nobody said they don't believe you and if they don't who cares. When you become a part of a community it takes time to establish yourself and earn respect, just be patient.

clarebear
11-29-2005, 01:15 PM
I believe you and the lying thing is a pet peeve with me but I never felt that you were lying, someone had opened an account and said they were 12, that got confused with you. Nobody said they don't believe you and if they don't who cares. When you become a part of a community it takes time to establish yourself and earn respect, just be patient.

Im not going to hang around with people who think I am 12!.

I cant get that.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Than go. Now. Stop the begging. Stop the whining. If you don't want to be here- G-O! I cannot stand the drama of the "I'm leaving...unless you beg me to stay....."

You deleted several threads that were enjoyable to us. Because you got upset. That is immature, esp. for a 25 year old WOMAN.

You decided you hated some person half of us never heard of, said he wasn't funny...that apparently an entire continent of Americans were soooooo behind the times... and that whoppee cushions were passe in GB.

Guess what, small news flash- THIS is so behind the times. ThIS is so passe. If you are going, go. If you are staying, move on. Just don't get all huffy and delete things on us.

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I think we need to give her a break, she had confessed some conditions she had and I am giving her a bit more slack.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Than go. Now. Stop the begging. Stop the whining. If you don't want to be here- G-O! I cannot stand the drama of the "I'm leaving...unless you beg me to stay....."

You deleted several threads that were enjoyable to us. Because you got upset. That is immature, esp. for a 25 year old WOMAN.

You decided you hated some person half of us never heard of, said he wasn't funny...that apparently an entire continent of Americans were soooooo behind the times... and that whoppee cushions were passe in GB.

Guess what, small news flash- THIS is so behind the times. ThIS is so passe. If you are going, go. If you are staying, move on. Just don't get all huffy and delete things on us.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Nothing is more obnoxious than the classic "I'm going now... no seriously, I'm leaving... forever... someone beg me to stay!" If you're going to stay, great - use this as a learning experience. If not, fine - sorry it didn't work out for you, but leave already. (And no, this is no personal vendetta against you - I feel this way about anyone who says they're leaving and then doesn't.)

clarebear
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM

First, I deleted MY threads cause I dont want people to answer them if I am not around to answer them back.

I just answering a few msgs to get my side of the story.

FYI Im pming some people my email addy.

Husky_mom
11-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Cataholic, you must be our spokesperson, i had that in my mind also.... :D

well, clarebear, if you finally decide to go have a nice life...........bye........

and if not, please let it pass, dont stick on silly things..........

catnapper
11-29-2005, 01:30 PM
As for people replying to threads you'd never answered back... you COULD have asked Karen to close the thread so that nobody would be able to reply to.

I have no idea what asperger's is... please do help us understand your condirtion and how it affects you so that we may understand you and your reactions a little better. :)

I personally thought the other thread was funny, even though I did not contribute to it.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 01:32 PM
HM- you would want a whoopee cushion lover as your leader? :D

Wait a moment, maybe THAT was the problem with our other leaders? They didn't have enough cushion in their lives? :D

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:33 PM
We have a new member of our community that is trying to blend in here but got off to a rocky start, I think we can give her some time and another chance. Its the mom in me coming out :D

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
CM- I am up for that.

Clare, if you are reading this (and I know you are, LOL), just start a new thread, and make it a 're-welcome' thread, and move on. Most of us will. Those of us that won't? Well, I will fart on them. :D

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey speaking of farting....have you seen the whoopie cushion with a remote control...now that is funny.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 01:42 PM
You know, my friend is on maternity leave until January. I think I might go find one of those remote ones, and give her an official welcome back like she hasn't ever known! I am CRYING right now..this is so hysterical to me. CRYING!!!

Prairie Purrs
11-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I have no idea what asperger's is... please do help us understand your condirtion and how it affects you so that we may understand you and your reactions a little better. :)

Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism. You can read a little bit about it here. (http://www.autism.org/asperger.html)

Having Asperger's (or any form of autism) makes social interactions difficult.

Karen
11-29-2005, 02:44 PM
It was not Calrebear who was 12 and whose account I needed to delete, that was a whole other, unrelated person.

Clarebear herself, unbeknownst to me, deleted almost every thread she started.

Clarebear, no one here said you were 12! That was just another person, and your deleting your threads just added to the confusion.

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Johanna, my dearest, when is our wedding!?!?! :p

On the subject of farting.... Has anyone ever seen that one computer program.. "The Fart Machine" or something along those lines. You clicked on different things and they made different fart noises. Was quite amusing... my dad & brother had WAY too much fun with it.

slick
11-29-2005, 03:07 PM
:D :D :D
Thank you....I needed something entertaining to read while eating lunch.... :D :D Oh the drama....

ooops, sorry...I farted....excuse me...

finn's mom
11-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Clarebear wasn't really good at detecting sarcasm first of all...(that was the main problem with the whole comment about americans being behind everyone...she thought that was seriously being said, not in a facetious way, so, she was just agreeing, not trying to be insulting...) And, I just don't think she was really enjoying being here. I suggested that she just go if she wasn't happy in this group, and, not make a thread about leaving. Which she didn't. The only reason she brought up in here was because people were confused and questioning what happened. I don't see how she was doing anything close to what some have done in the past...oh, woe is me, i don't like it here, i'm leaving, blah blah blah. She did open that one thread before about leaving, and, then, once she was informed about the ignore button, she stuck it out. Again, when that thread about lee evans was started, and, it got out of hand, she was really confused by it, and, I told her that if she wanted to leave, she should just pm the people she wanted to keep in touch with. But, that she shouldn't make a thread about leaving again, because it doesn't get good reception in here to do that. Anyway, I'm sorry to see her go, as she's sweet. But, if she's not feeling good when she comes in here, this may not be the right forum for her. I think it mostly just boils down to she felt made fun of. Anyway, it does suck that all of the threads were deleted, but, it's already been done. So...good luck, Clarebear.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 03:19 PM
I am cracking up at Joh - "I will fart on them".

My aunt and uncle got me with the remote fart machine. I hadn't seen them in easily 12 years and they hid the machine in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. The first time they pressed the button, I honestly thought I'd let one slip out unintentionally and was mortified. Then they did it again and heard them and my husband snickering outside in the hallway. They got my grandmother with it later that evening and my aunt (Tammi, the one who passed away this past July) the next day. Farts are always funny. So is poop.

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Samantha puppy, Your world is about to get a lot funnier ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Thank you....I needed something entertaining to read while eating lunch.... :D :D Oh the drama....[/SIZE]
Me too. :D

Gee, what a person doesn't miss when their internet is acting up. :rolleyes:

Jo, my goodness, what has gotten into you today? :D :D

Kay, I remember another thread awhile ago where you and Jo were getting married......Hmmmm....me thinks it's time for a PT wedding. ;) :D

finn's mom
11-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Farts are always funny. So is poop.

Toilet humor is always a big hit with my siblings and me. Poop is definitely funny.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
If you guys only knew me in person, I could regale you with the tale (or tail, hehe) of when I pooped myself in public... at age 23.

(No, I wasn't drunk.)

finn's mom
11-29-2005, 03:28 PM
If you guys only knew me in person, I could regale you with the tale (or tail, hehe) of when I pooped myself in public... at age 23.

(No, I wasn't drunk.)

Ha ha ha ha...that's crazy! I've heard tales of public poop. too funny! That had to be embarrassing!

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 03:35 PM
It wasn't fun, I can tell you that. But I laugh about it now... 'cause it's poop... and it's funny. :cool:

popcornbird
11-29-2005, 03:48 PM
WAH! I am so busy with my wedding that I have noooooooooo idea what's going on. What in the world? Can someone PM me the whole story...please? :D

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Kay, I remember another thread awhile ago where you and Jo were getting married......Hmmmm....me thinks it's time for a PT wedding. ;) :D

Hey, I'm legal now! Why not??

jackie
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
But, if she's not feeling good when she comes in here, this may not be the right forum for her. I think it mostly just boils down to she felt made fun of. Anyway, it does suck that all of the threads were deleted, but, it's already been done. So...good luck, Clarebear.

very well said Finn's mom.

DJFyrewolf36
11-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Fart humor?

On PT?

:eek: :D

Gee, I've missed a lot. I'm sorry though, if anyone felt offended and what not. Sarcasim on the internet is kind of hard to grasp, since all you're dealing with is words on a screen.

Could someone PM me the whole story though? Now you all have gotten me all curious :p

Lobodeb
11-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Has anyone heard Adam Sandler's Farting Hypnotist (sp?)? OMG!!!! That has to be the funniest thing ever.

Samantha Puppy
11-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh my God, the first time I heard that skit I was in high school and was laying in bed listening to the CD before I went to sleep... I was laughing so hard, I woke my parents up! That is a GREAT skit. My other favorite from that CD is the goat skit. "I @#$%in' got no dukes."

ROFLMAO

BitsyNaceyDog
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
First- there were threads.
Second- they were fun and funny.
Third- they might have gotten out of hand.
Fourth- they contained whopee cushion stories and reference to Benny Hill.
Fifth- like my youth, they are gone.
Sixth- the lame-o detectives, A&P, are not taking the case as of yet...
'cause it's poop... and it's funny. :cool:Man, this thread has some great quotes! I can't stop laughing. Johannah, you are too hilarious.

Hey speaking of farting....have you seen the whoopie cushion with a remote control...now that is funny.I have got to get one of those before Christmas. I'd love to get my grandma.

slleipnir
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
No no, Johanna..it's "I'll fart in your general direction" geez, get it right.

anna_66
11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
OK, I just spent the last 10 minutes reading this thread and you all have me in stitches:D
I was lucky enough to read the deleted thread and thought it was funny. Sorry to hear that Clarebear thought she was being made fun of and left. I really don't think that was anyone's intention.
Take care Clarebear.

new mom to a veiled
11-29-2005, 06:52 PM
OMG......This is waaaaaaaaaaay to funny. I'm almost on the floor laughing when my hubby comes up to see what the guffffffffffaawww is about and all I can say between my fits of laughter is "FARTS & POOP" He shook his head and went back downstairs!!!!! This is the best thread I have ever seen!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!! :D

christa
11-29-2005, 06:59 PM
This is the best thread I have ever seen!!!!

Seriously? :eek:

poofy
11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Clare, had some problems on some other boards, I think because of her
prob..I hope she can find a place she feels comfortable..

dukedogsmom
11-29-2005, 07:12 PM
If you're talking about all of those threads that Clarebear made, they are gone.

I pm'ed her about them yesterday . . . evidently she has left PT and took her threads with her. :rolleyes:
Goodbye!

Cincy'sMom
11-29-2005, 08:26 PM
PPPPPPFFFFFFTTTTT! :eek: ;)

G535
11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism. You can read a little bit about it here. (http://www.autism.org/asperger.html)

Having Asperger's (or any form of autism) makes social interactions difficult.

Did anyone read this? I think Clare was only trying to do her best under rather difficult circumstances.

cloverfdx
11-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh lordy one goes to bed and comes back to find all of this :p. Adam Sandler is great, love his humor.... has anyone heard his Mr Pibb sketches? lol

Oh and Clare cya *waves*

finn's mom
11-30-2005, 02:23 AM
I don't know if you all saw that she's attempted to make her peace with certain people and with the group as a whole...so, try not to say anything too horrible. :) I think it's time to move on with all this...and, as the title of her thread states, make peace. :) yay for peace. and, yee haw for moving on!

carole
11-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Well I missed all of this, but I know that Clarebear was trying her hardest to fit in and I thought up until now she was doing fine, I think we should all try to be a bit more understanding of the issues she faces in her daily life, it cannot be easy, and obviously she had some difficulty in distinguishing what was really mean't and what was said jokingly, also Brit humour and Amercian can be quite different.

Clarebear if you are reading this, I am sorry to hear you feel unwelcome here because PT really is the most special place on earth and it can only be enriching for you in your life if you let it be, I hope you decide to change your mind and give us a second chance, so come on back and try again,treat this as a learning experience, whether it was unpleasant or not, we all learn from everything that happens to us in our lives, I do sincerely hope you decide to re-join us and feel the love and care that i have from PT.

clarebear
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank you all very much for trying to understand me with my aspergers.

I know most people cant understand it but either can I and why I have it.

I guess I was born with it and I was diagnosed in 1999. It took me years to understand it and no one in my family has it so I guess it goes way back in time where I got it from.

Anyway I still love you all no matter what was said.

JenBKR
11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
hmm, somehow i missed the other thread and don't really know what is going on here...but I certainly didn't expect to read about the farting and pooping :eek: LOL