PDA

View Full Version : Today would have been...

Queen of Poop
11-29-2005, 09:35 AM
...my brothers 37th birthday, had he not died in a car accident 19 years ago. Not really much point to this thread other than I thought someone other than me should be thinking about him on his birthday.

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Thats very hard sorry about your brother, it must be hard to think about what he would be doing now.

Queen of Poop
11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Thats very hard sorry about your brother, it must be hard to think about what he would be doing now.

Funny that you mention that, because in the shower this morning that is exactly what I was thinking/wondering. Where would he be today if things had gone differently.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-29-2005, 09:46 AM
A hard day for you - we will be thinking of you and your brother

caseysmom
11-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I have a friend at work who's son died in a car accident when he was 20 and I know it took her years to be able to even function it was just devastating. I know she wonders if he would be married and have kids now, its really hard.

ramanth
11-29-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. :( I could not even imagine...

Rie Rie
11-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I to lost a brother 22 years ago. We were twins, so you can imagine how hard that was for me. He died 12 days after our 17th birthday. I to think about where and what he'd be doing now that we would be 40 soon. I'm sure he'd have kids, but being married, that would be the million dollar question, he was popular with the girls before he died.

Laura's Babies
11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
I know what it is like to loose a brother. It is not a pointless thread at all. It is good that you remember him after all these years and remember his birthday. Seems to me that you do remember them more on their birthdays, I think of mine a lot on his birthday. If it makes you sad, do something nice to reconize the day. I buy my Mom a cat realted what not when I feel the need to do something more for her birthday.

Corinna
11-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I bet he's having a heavenly party Hugs to you It's good to still celebrate the life they lead have a birthday cupcke for him . I will too.

Cataholic
11-29-2005, 10:13 AM
So very sorry. :(

CountryWolf07
11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
This reminds me of Kenny Chesney's song - "Who you'd Be Today"..

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughin' in the rain
Still can't believe you're gone.

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I been through
Just knowin' no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder
Who you'd be today.

Would you see the world, would you chase your dreams
Settle down with a family
I wonder what would you name your babies
Somedays the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy.

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I been through
Just knowin' no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder
Who you'd be today.

Today, today, today
Today, today, today.

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know I'll see you again some day
Someday, someday...

poofy
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Guess that about says it..hope for you better days and good memories

catnapper
11-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I am so very sorry. I know it must still hurt to think about it. ((HUGS))

Today is my brother's birthday too.... we don't get along at all, but reading something like this makes me happy I have him.

Queen of Poop
11-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments and thoughts. You made the day more tolerable maybe a little more important. I'm sure my brother would be smiling if he knew of all who thought of him yesterday. You pet talkers ROCK!! Will post a similar thread mid-December for my departed sister.

luvofallhorses
11-30-2005, 12:15 PM
((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))