PDA

View Full Version : Going to Pennsylvania!

Alysser
11-28-2005, 07:47 PM
A while back I posted pics of Alvin! My BEST friends foster kitten and also she is keeping him lol. Anyway, I am going to Pennsylvania with her for the weekend and were staying with her grandma in her mountian home. I heard we may go on a hike so want me to take pics? There are bears and raccons and other stuff. I HOPE I can bring Sassy. I doubt it since were going with her mom and sister and her sisters friend :rolleyes:. Plus, my mom would NEVEr go for that. Sorry, but I can't take pics of her then. I'll take pictures if you want me to! I REALLY hope to see a bear but they're be hibernating,right?

buckner
11-28-2005, 07:54 PM
:eek: I'm SOOO jealous!! My two best friends live in Pennsylvania and I NEVER get to see them! Can I sneak into your suitcase? ;)

I hope you have a good time!!

Alysser
11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
AW! I feel so bad for you. Sure, you can sneak in my suitcase. I can go there alot because I live only abotu 1 and 30 minutes away from it! :D

buckner
11-28-2005, 09:01 PM
AW! I feel so bad for you. Sure, you can sneak in my suitcase. I can go there alot because I live only abotu 1 and 30 minutes away from it! :D I live about 10 hours away from the closest of the two cities I want to be. :p

poofy
11-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey Pictures would be great..I dont travel any, but love to see pictures..my way of going places.. :D

Alysser
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Lol! Sure I'll take pictures. My friend just told me in school today she saw a bear there! :eek:

JenBKR
12-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Where in PA will you be? :)

Anita Cholaine
12-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Have fun in Pennsylvania!!! :) And of course we want pics!!!!

Alysser
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't know. Somewhere up in the Pocanos(SP??). I am so excited! One more day of scholl then off to PA! Bears may be hibernating. But I am kinda nervous because mothers bears get really mad if your near there cubs. NO CUBS FOR ME!

Addie
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
no, there are like *No* bears in the poconos...I live further down than that...i live between Allentown and Reading...but i go to the poconos every summer for a month and i stay there 1 time a month a couple days, every month and i have NEVER seen a bear...but Raccoons...that's different...lol! I hope you have a good time! Where do you live? NY?

JenBKR
12-02-2005, 08:03 AM
I have been to the Poconos - it is beautiful there. I live closer to Pittsburgh, so that's pretty far from me. Have a great time!

Alysser
12-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys! Can't wait its tommorow

Alysser
12-02-2005, 08:03 PM
No, I live in New Jersey. Okay, so its about two hours but oh well. Just got word we are going to someplace called Apple Valley and have lunch,shop,and feed DUCKS! LOL! I want to take pictures of ducks!

Flatcoatluver
12-02-2005, 08:19 PM
No, I live in New Jersey. Okay, so its about two hours but oh well. Just got word we are going to someplace called Apple Valley and have lunch,shop,and feed DUCKS! LOL! I want to take pictures of ducks!
did you know it really bad to feed ducks bread??? It one of the worse foods they can eat?? Just plz don't feed them, it really bad for them and then it also get the, to trust humans, I will find some sites online i found this information from.

Flatcoatluver
12-02-2005, 08:26 PM
here is some info i found online
If you feed them, they will come.

If you have ever visited a lake or pond and seen ducks, chances are you have seen people feed them.

Unfortunately this is not a good thing to do. You may think you are doing the ducks a favor by offering them bits of bread, potato chips or other types of food but you are not.

When you feed ducks you are likely giving them food that is not nutritious. While ducks seem to love bread, it is not that nutritious and generally just fills them up.

Feeding ducks also makes them dependent on hand-outs and makes them tame. Ducks are wild birds that should not rely on humans to feed them. They also need to learn how to get their own food.

When ducks become tame and use to humans they may not be able to protect themselves from predators.

Another reason not to feed ducks is because of the waste that is left behind. Duck droppings can contain bacteria that is not healthy for humans. Too much bacteria in the water and on the land where the ducks are attracted to can be detrimental to your health.

Don't forget, in many areas ducks are suppose to migrate to different areas at different times of the year. If you feed ducks you may be delaying their migration.

Ducks are cute little critters that are fun to watch and great to photograph. Most ducks can fend for themselves. If there are ducks in a pond or lake near you that have always seemed to be there chances are someone is taking care of them if they cant take care of themselves.

Go ahead and watch the ducks, but remember, it's not a good idea to feed them.

Alysser
12-02-2005, 08:27 PM
No, it's not bread. It's something else. Some grass type of thing. I don't think I won't feed them if it's bread and thanks for telling me that.

clarebear
12-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Have a fun and safe trip!!!!!!!!!. Will miss you! and take those pics!

Do you have a digital camera?. Just curious.

I have a very good friend who lives In Pennsylvania on the internet and I have been friends with him since 2002. I talk to his girlfriend too and we are both close.

Alysser
12-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Yes, I have a digital camera and a camera phone! But oh well. I'll just take pics with my digital camera.

davidpizzica
12-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Have a fun and safe trip!!!!!!!!!. Will miss you! and take those pics!

Do you have a digital camera?. Just curious.

I have a very good friend who lives In Pennsylvania on the internet and I have been friends with him since 2002. I talk to his girlfriend too and we are both close.
Clare, in what pennsylvania town does your friend live? I live in the southwestern part of the state in Pittsburgh.

G535
12-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey Pictures would be great..I dont travel any, but love to see pictures..my way of going places.. :D

Me too! I have seen most of my own country when I was a lot younger but travelling now is just too much pain and effort. I do love seeing photos of other peoples' journeys around the world.