PDA

View Full Version : Pets when you get older or in the near future

Alysser
11-28-2005, 06:37 PM
I was just wondering what pets some people may get when they are old or in the near future. I know you may change your mine but it's just cool to figure out. I am probably getting three Pembork welsh corgie when I move out. I picked out names to. I love them. Annalee,Molli,and Kuma. Lol. Also do you think you'll still be on PT?

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
:) I'm sure I will still be on Pt.

When I move out I would love to get a rabbit and possibly some birds. I'd like to rescue a dog as well. I'm not sure what breed of dog I want, I'd like a large dog though....Maybe a Saint Bernard or a great pyreanese [sp?]. I always want to have a Lab though. So I guess I want two dogs in the future.

Alysser
11-28-2005, 06:45 PM
LOL! Good luck taking care of those pets. I am gonna take my dogs everywhere lol! I love corgis! They are adorable.

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 06:46 PM
LOL! Good luck taking care of those pets. I am gonna take my dogs everywhere lol! I love corgis! They are adorable.

haha, it will be a hand full taking care of all of those pets but it's nothing I can't handle. :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-28-2005, 06:52 PM
I'll probably be on PT for a long time, might not post as often as now but I'm sure I'll still be around. The only pets I can see myself owning in the future are Tollers, I'll probably have a Dalmatian (liver) at some point aswell but I'll always have Tollers from now on....

Jamieejo85
11-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I think I will be on PT for a long time. I would love to get another chihuahua and I would also like to get a Bernese Mountain dog.

Suki Wingy
Yes, I would like a male liver dal for show from here www.jlsdals.com but I also like tramac (http://www.tramacdal.com/), and of course, Hat Trick (http://home.att.net/~hattrick-dals/) has amazingly correct dogs but mostly BB black (not carrying the liver gene)
I also would like to add on to my rabbitry (http://www.longfellow.95mb.com) and add a blue or fawn Dobe and a dane (I like mantle a lot) sometime soon. (meaning after college :rolleyes: )
I also want a retired racehorse from here: CANTER (http://www.canterusa.org/illinois/sale/trainerlistings.htm)

Alysser
OH! Veyr interesting pets and dogs!

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2005, 07:00 PM
i no i will probally get a pherret(SP) I would love to get a flat-coated retriever, a yorkie , and a english setter to show, I want to rescue 2 adult cats, because they don't get adopted fast compared to kittens, i would also like to rescue a rescue border collie. I am of corse going to have fish and ducks. :D

Alysser
11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I want to goats. But I don't want to live in the woods or anything with alot of room and I can't keep goats in a plain old neighborhood! LOL! It's abuse and torture to me.

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I forgot to mention that I would love to get a cat. I would also like to have a few betta's but I wont have all these pets at the same time :p

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I want to goats. But I don't want to live in the woods or anything with alot of room and I can't keep goats in a plain old neighborhood! LOL! It's abuse and torture to me.
my parent own three house and one of them they are currently renting out, but they said when i move out which is in three years i can live there, it contry there and already has a barn so i will probally rescue alot of barn animals.

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM

I LOVE goats :p I'd love to have one but I don't think that will ever happen.

Alysser
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
LOL! Get a goat for me! JK! I probably won't get goats and I want to do agility with Corgis! Or maybe herding trials. That may be to hard though. I want to see you guys on TV!

areias
11-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Interesting topic. :) I am getting a bird in the near future, probably after the first of the year. I'm also getting an aquarium setup in the near future. I'd like to have a rat, or maybe some type of reptile, but that won't be for a while.

I really want a red dobie, probably from a breeder, I'm a little nervous about going with a rescued one, because they can really have issues, both physical and mental. I plan to rescue an aussie, and a pit bull.

I like goats too, and sheep. I also want a Morgan horse...I love them to death.

Oh...and a giant millipede. I don't know when that's going to happen though..certainly not living in this house. ;) My mom would freak.

Alysser
11-28-2005, 07:35 PM
I KNOW! I can't have any reptiles,rodents,apmhibians,or bugs! LOL!

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I haven't given too much thought to future dogs...Mine are still young (4 and 5), and I dont think it will be real soon that we are looking for another. I would like to have a pug someday.

I would also like to get a cat, maybe in the the more near future. Because Ralph and I are both allergic, we have to be careful (long haired cats bother us the most). I know that it is dander, not the hair, but I have found that short haired cats, and rexes are tolerable for me. I would love to get a Cornish rex, and have been browsing for about a year. I would love to rescue one, but they are hard to find in rescue, so I am also looking at breeders, for a pet quality or retired show cat as apossiblity. I'm sure when the time is right, we will find one!

Alysser
11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Good luck to you for finding the purrrrfect kitty!

poofy
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Id love to have a YOrkie, but dont see me getting many more..lol..and still being on PT..yep :D

Jessika
11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Aussies, Aussies, and Aussies! :D

I may get a Merle BC but Aussies are my one true love

manda_moo87
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I expect I'll breed rabbits on a larger scale and show more, hopefully Netherland Dwarfs and of course Holland Lops. I'm hoping to have a blue merle Collie named Skye or Breeze, 2-5 kitties and a few rats. :D

slleipnir
11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I really want a horse, and atleast one more dog (in the near future) but when I get older, I'd like to open a shelter of sorts of unwanted animals

Uabassoon
11-28-2005, 10:14 PM
At some point I would love to have a greyhound. Other than that I already have all the animals I could ever want. I'm sure I'll still be around Pet Talk, I've already been here for 3 years so I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-28-2005, 10:14 PM
There are several animals I'd like to have one day. I'd love to have a ferret again. I will someday have a chameleon. As for dogs someday I want a large dog, I'd like a lab and a pit bull. As for cats I will someday have a russian blue. I'd also love to have a savannah cat.

areias
11-28-2005, 10:32 PM
As for cats I will someday have a russian blue. I'd also love to have a savannah cat.

I'm not a huge cat person, I like them but not too overly interested in them, but I tell you-I love those Russian Blues. They're so wonderful, and so pretty. A friend of mine also had a bengal, and he just had so much personality. If I were to get a cat, it wouldn't be one that just slept all day on my couch, I like interesting personalities.

binka_nugget
11-29-2005, 02:29 AM
When I move out, I want to have a fish room dedicated to just bettas. :D Then I'll be able to expand my breeding program and start some interesting lines.

I'm hoping to get a (working) Border Collie soon(ish). I'd LOVE to get a pup from Shayna/Cali's Misty. I've been thinking about getting a Collie or Aussie too as I'd really like to compete in CKC Obedience at utility level one day (I wouldn't be able to with a Border Collie).

I'd also like a couple cats one day.. I'd love a couple bengals especially. :D Right now it's not possible since Kaedyn *hates* cats. He goes batty if he sees a cat on TV.

And of course, there will be many rats in my future. My mom has a huge fear of rats so that's the one pet that I'll never have as long as I live here.

CathyBogart
11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
DBF and I have been talking about a dog off and on for six months. We don't have the money or time right now, but when we move into our next plae we're hoping to be in a good position to adopt a dog. His parents aren't the greatest pet owners ever so I've had him researching dog care and breeds and we've agreed on a Shiba Inu or a Jindo. (there is a breed rescue near us, I found them thanks to petfinder!)

There is also a chance that another hognose will be wriggling his way into my home this Christmas. I was going from pet store to pet store (five in all) looking for a new lid for Liberty's tank after stepping on and breaking the old one. -_- I stopped by a reptile specialty store, and there was a lovely little red hognose boy! He had just eaten too, so feeding wouldn't be a problem! I've mentioned him to DBF a few times since then, and he has said he wouldn't mind having another low-maintenance pet too much. *Fingeres crossed*

luvofallhorses
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
I am still living with my parents..:o but am looking hard to get a job so I can find a place. :) I really want a pit bull in the future. :) (yes, I am going to do research..) and my dream is to have a horse or more someday. :) and I am pretty
sure I'll still be on PT. :)

k9krazee
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
After college and I have my own place I'd be taking Jack and possibly Micki with me. I'd like to get a working BC, Aussie or standard poodle from a rescue/shelter. I'd love to keep competeing in agility...I also want a papillon, Newfoundland and a Great Pyr someday.

I also want a Nigerian Dwarf Goat! I've fallen in love with the little critters!!

I want a horse too, preferably a Tennessee Walker...but I'm not too picky.

I can't ever imagine leaving PT for good, I most likely will take a break once I go to college next year (for the nexts 4+ years, lol) and maybe catch back up later. Who knows...

Jadapit
11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I am still living with my parents..:o but am looking hard to get a job so I can find a place. :) I really want a pit bull in the future. :) (yes, I am going to do research..) and my dream is to have a horse or more someday. :) and I am pretty
sure I'll still be on PT. :)

Krista, you will make a wonderful pittie owner!! I have NO doubt about that. :D

ParNone
11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I hope to always have at least one Collie in my life.

I'd also love to have a Golden, Border Terrier and another Cairn someday.

When I'm really old and need something smaller, maybe a Chi, Papillion, Pug or Cavvie.

Par...

lv4dogs
11-30-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll probably be a PT'er for a long time. :D

Some pets I'd like to get in the future:
Bearded Dragon
Bird (not sure what kind yet I've been researching them for a little while now)
Bunny

A few years down the road I'll be getting another dog or two. Probably an Aussie or Rott, maybe a Boston.

katienoonan
11-30-2005, 11:32 AM
I have always wanted a doberman and a basset hound. Can you imagine if it were a mix of the two? lol :D