PDA

View Full Version : Beware of flying cats!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I was getting ready for work this morning. Walking from the bathroom to the bedroom. Peanut was by her daddy who was sitting waaaaaaaaayyyy on the other side of the room from where the bedroom door is, putting his socks on. So I walk into the bedroom and head for the bed to make it when out of the blue - whoooosh! - a cat comes flying in headed for making a flying leap up onto the bed! I was nowhere near quick enough to react in time, so the flying ball of fur became a tumbling ball of fur as she tripped on my foot and went head over heels! No problemo, though, she immediately righted herself and leapt up to the bed without skipping a beat - then proceeded to pummel the little mousie that was there while I stood there with a dumb-founded "what in the world was that?" look on my face. :D I had no idea she was so fast! She was in such a mood that it's a good thing Jack was nowhere to be found or she might have pummeled him too while she was at it. :D

kimlovescats
11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Don't you just love it when an adult cat suddently gets a kittenish burst of energy. I love it when they high-tail it through the house like that! Way to go Miss Peanut, just give mommy a warning next time, and watch out for obstacles along the way! ;) :D

Kim

Laura's Babies
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Sometimes they do amaze us and I can't imagine Peanut doing that so I am amazed as you are. I am use to backing up to a empty chair, then as I sit, realize a cat has jumped up in it... Sometimes I am to far into sitting to stop!

catmandu
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
The one thing that scares me,is when they bolt in front of me,on the stairs. I guess they dont realize how unbalnced I am,and that I could very easily trip over them.
TIMBER!
GEEZER FALLING!
CRASH!

rg_girlca
11-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Way to go Peanut. :D I love it when they do that. It is just too darn cute.

It's amazing how a cat can be dead asleep in another room, or across the room and the minute they sense it's bed making time, WWWHHHOOOSSSHHH, under the sheets they go, just as it is falling to the mattress. :)

RICHARD
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I wonder what happens when mom and dad aren't home... :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
She probably already HAD pummeled CJ....that's why he was no where around.... :D ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Boots tries he's imitation of Speedy-la-Kat every so often ...
and always picks a poor spot to LAUNCH from!

His last Burst of Speed originated from his "resting spot" on top of a rather
large pile of paperwork on the dining room table ...

I heard the *THUD* of Kat on Floor, soon folllowed by a "fluttering sound"
as the papers cascaded off the table!

REASON for the fast exit??

Kats don't NEED a "reason"!

:rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2005, 02:56 AM
How cute! So glad that beautiful Miss Peanut has so much energy and still knows how to surprise you! :D

Lightning SuperCat
11-29-2005, 05:28 AM
Wow, I never thought of Peanut as the fast type of cat!!
Lighting LOVES to ZOOM aound the house and crash into things and pounce on things!! It is his favorite activity of all time.

orangemm
11-29-2005, 06:19 AM
My boys get that burst of energy sometimes when they emerge from the litterbox. You'll hear scratching, then see them come flying out of the box, then gallop across the room and down the hall, tail in that shepherd's crook position! It's usually accompanied by a "RRRRRKKKKKK".

They can fly at the speed of light!

You go, Peanut!!!

catlover4ever
11-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Peanut, you make the old ladies proud....showing such spunk....way to go and keep it up.

Debbie, that scene happens everyday at the house, little Miss Gracie goes flying into the bedroom everytime someone goes in.

Freckles
11-29-2005, 07:58 AM
My boys get that burst of energy sometimes when they emerge from the litterbox. You'll hear scratching, then see them come flying out of the box.
This is how Freckles lets me know it's time to grab the scoop! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

ramanth
11-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Peanut has a case of the zoomies!! :D :D

rkidsrcats
11-29-2005, 09:02 AM
You go Ms. Peanut. We love Kitty NASCAR!
William is our little house racer! He usually does it in the mornings when we are trying to make coffee, half - asleep, stumbling around in the kitchen. When we grind the beans for the coffee, he takes off racing around the house. Usually 2-3 laps and ends with a slide or crash into something in the dining area.
They are hilarious little goof balls.

Randi
11-29-2005, 09:03 AM
LOL! Peanut, I bet you have been sitting there behind a door - like Fister does sometimes, and when you saw your mommy come in, you had to make sure she was quite awake!! :eek: :D

I didn't think you were that fast either. Good going, girl! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
She probably already HAD pummeled CJ....that's why he was no where around.... :D ;) :D
Hmmmm.....hadn't thought of that, but you might be right! Could be she was on a high from whoopin' his butt! :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Could be she was on a high from whoopin' his butt!

Nothing makes Edwina perkier than a good whalloping on Eddie.... :D :rolleyes: :D