PDA

View Full Version : Tyson is sick!!!!

new mom to a veiled
11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
My poor little baby is sick.......I think it's a reaction to his shots. He was throwing up yesterday like crazy. That has now stopped but he is a little loose in the back end, it's getting better. I was worried yesterday because he was very lathargic (sp?) He seems to be in better spirits today.....He has small bouts of energy and plays with Thor. His gums and mouth seem to be nice and pink. His eyes are clear. He has lost some weight and looks horrible. He was pretty small to begin with. Yesterday I fed him rice and today I have added some hamburger. He seems quite happy with that. Any advice would be welcome..........

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I'd bring him to the vets just to be on the safe side. And call the breeder if you are worried, see if any other puppies have come down with anything. If he looks that skinny and being a puppy I'd personally reccomend that you bring him to the vets.

Is he drinking a lot or at least his normal amount of water?

When did he get his vaccines?
An allergic reaction usually happens within a few minutes to 24 hours tops. And also if he had an allergic reaction, 99% chance somehting would swell (skin, eyes, lips) and may also get hives, fever, lethargy. It could be some other reacton though and not an allergic reaction or a weird allergic reaction.
If it was a reaction to the vaccines & he's not better by 24 hours it is reccomended that they be brought back to the vets, even if it is a mild reaction.

Hopefully he just got into something that wasn't that harmful & will be back to his old self in no time.
I wish I could be of more help. Good luck sweet Tyson! Keep us updated please!

new mom to a veiled
11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
First off let me say thanks........I called the vet and they said it sounds like he is getting better, to keep a CLOSE eye on him for the next 24 hrs.......if there is anything odd to rush him in. He had his shots on Tuesday, so the vet said the same thing.....reaction time is usually in the first 24 hrs.

His stool is getting more firm. He is eating and drinking well. I did call the lady I got him from and she said she hasn't heard anything about the other pups being sick. Maybe he just picked up a bug..... He is 100% better than he was yesterday.....Thank goodness. I think he is wondering why I'm "sitting" on top of him.......He loves the extra attention ;)

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear you checked with your vet & the people you got him from! I wish yous the best of luck that he's eating you out of house & home & back to his ol' (or young) self in no time. :D :D

Get better Tyson!

beeniesmom
11-29-2005, 11:36 AM
ooohhh! I just saw this!
I hope he is better. Is he?
:(

new mom to a veiled
11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
ooohhh! I just saw this!
I hope he is better. Is he?
:(

Thanks you guys...........He is doing great!!!! He is back to his old self!!! Eating and drinking a ton, running around like a mad man, and using Thor as a chew toy!!!! Things are back to normal!!!!

His mouth is nice and pink, no more throwing up and his stool is back to normal also.........Thanks again for the help and concern!!!