PDA

View Full Version : Do you leave the radio on for your pets?

Former User
04-01-2002, 03:46 AM
We don't, they sleep most of the time while we are gone.... and, we don't even have a radio on the bathroom where Casper and Kitty are while we are gone :rolleyes:

Pam
04-01-2002, 08:00 AM
No radio on for my pets either. I know that the cats sleep most, if not all, of the time I'm away, and I think Bella does her share of snoozing too. They wouldn't even hear it. :rolleyes:

Daisylover
04-01-2002, 10:30 AM
I have five bunnies, one of which is a brat and doesn't get along with the other 4. The four live in harmony on the first floor. However #5 lives in solitary ... he has the whole second floor to himself so don't feel too badly for him. And I do leave the radio on for him. I've tried several times to have one of the lady buns from the first floor spend time with him but he insists that he wants to be an only child. The radio is my way of compensating. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2002, 11:34 AM
No! My bunch are spoiled enough all ready. If they want to dance, they will have to wait until I am home.:D

Former User
04-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
No! My bunch are spoiled enough all ready. If they want to dance, they will have to wait until I am home.:D

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/biglaugh.gif http://www.plauder-smilies.de/biglaugh.gif

LoudLou
04-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Well, Louie and The Beans are VERY sheltered. We leave 1 TV on for all our furry children. Usually we leave the Animal Planet channel on for them.:o Like I said they are VERY VERY sheltered.

Crikit
04-01-2002, 10:15 PM
I personally don't leave the radio on for either of the dogs but I know my sister leaves it on which sort of annoys me but well she can beat me up so I'm not gonna say anything to her about it.

anna_66
04-03-2002, 09:28 PM
No, there's no reason, they stay outside when we're gone!:)

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2002, 10:26 PM
We left the radio for each of the girls when we first got them and they were adjusting to their new home. Now Sadie is in the kitchen where there is no radio and I guess I never really thought about leaving it on in the bedroom where Cincy is

lynnestankard
04-05-2002, 06:38 AM
No - I never leave it on for our three furkids but if Elizabeth's dog Trickie is here - I leave it on for her!!!:) She seems to need the company more. Our three just snooze!!

Lynne

sasvermont
04-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Yes, I leave the radio on but not for the cats to listen to so much, but to keep them warm. They sit on the amplifer and receive a nice warm treatment all day long. When they were little, both could fit on the top, now they must share. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have a picture of them on the top, but don't know how to post it here. I haven't taken the time to figure it out!

Stenograsaurus
04-05-2002, 11:28 AM
I don't leave the radio on for my pets. I turn on the TV. They either watch CMT or QVC. Not only do I leave the TV on for them but I also leave the lights on so that it doesn't get too dark for them. No, my babies are not spoiled at all!!!:rolleyes:

jennifert
04-05-2002, 11:36 AM
I leave the TV on for Duncan and Jack. Animal Planet of course!! :D Duncan can't see it from his crate but he can hear it. I also leave the dining room light on for him.

Can you say spoiled!!?

lynnestankard
04-06-2002, 03:11 AM
SPOILED? Our furkids? NEVER!!

I leave lights on for them too!! Only in the lounge, kitchen and the hall-way!!

Lynne

Genia
04-06-2002, 07:11 PM
I leave the TV on for Bandit. I also leave the kitchen light on. Yes, he is spoiled!

Pam
04-06-2002, 09:07 PM
HEY GENIA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! GENIA WE HAVE MISSED YOU!!! WELCOME BACK!!

Logan
04-06-2002, 10:43 PM
hey Genia!! We have been wondering about you!!

As for the radio, I'm not a good one at remembering to leave it on, but usually, my dogs are outdoors when I am not at home. But.........my pettsitter is big believer in radio, so she leaves it on everytime she is in chaarge. I know it helps Roger Cockatiel....I play Classical music for him quite often, even when I am at home. Kim believes it is soothing for the dogs as well, so they get PBS on the radio if I'm not here. :)

04-08-2002, 01:00 PM
NO !! I DO NOT LEAVE THE RADIO ON for my pets !!!
A friend told me that they feel less alone with a radio on ; but I'm sure that's rubish !!!! All Sydney does when we are out is SLEEP ? SLEEP and SLEEP !!!!
So why music ?????????? It's no disco here !!!!:confused: :eek: ;)

todd
04-08-2002, 09:19 PM
yes I do:)