PDA

View Full Version : Nova's spay day!

.sarah
11-28-2005, 02:52 AM
Today / tomorrow (it's 3:45 in the morning ;) ) is Nova's spay day. I'm staying up all night with her. Mandy and Luka played with her for a while and now I've put them in their crates to spend quality time with her. I want her to be tired for the big moment. I'm sure she won't be, though. When she was sedated to check her hips she had been playing a lot and still was hyper by the time I got her there :rolleyes:

I really wish I was scheduled to work tomorrow morning. I have the pleasure (and sometimes pain) of being able to sit with the animals when they're waking up from surgery. I want to sit with my baby ... I might stay, but I think I'll probably get in the way. I work tomorrow afternoon, though.

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Pawsitive thoughts coming Novas way! :)

elizabethann
11-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Good luck Nova.

Keep us posted.

.sarah
11-28-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, she's there now. They told me I could stay ... but it isn't going to be done until 10:30 so it seems a little pointless. I may go back, but it depends on how many assignments I can submit before then for school.

Toby's my baby
11-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Good luck Nova!! {{Positive thoughts and Prayers on the way for a speedy recovery!}}

Pembroke_Corgi
11-28-2005, 07:28 AM
I hope everything goes well for Nova today!

cloverfdx
11-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Good healing vibes on the way for Nova.

Daisy and Delilah
11-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with Nova and Mom :) Don't worry too much. She'll be home as good as new soon :)

poofy
11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Good Luck nova thinking of you.. :)

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Good luck Nova! I'm sure you'll do just fine! :)

RobiLee
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Best Wishes for Nova! Try not to worry too much. She will be fine. Make sure you let us know when she is home.

dab_20
11-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Good Luck, Nova!! Healing wishes for a speedy recovery coming your way!

.sarah
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I went into work today at 12:00. Dr. D and Leah told me she didn't make it ...

:rolleyes: They need to quit messing with me. LOL. But then again, I'm the exact same way so I'm one to talk.

Anyway, we've been home for two hours now. She's fine, but very groggy. She hasn't eaten yet so I'm a little concerned about that. If she hasn't eaten by mid-morning tomorrow, back to the vet we go. Hopefully her appetite will kick in. We had a very slow day today and I let her walk around the clinic for the last 30 minutes and she was finding a few kibbles that we had dropped at feeding time. :rolleyes: ... How her appetite dissapeared after 3-4 kibbles I don't know, but it did. :(

She lost about 1lb from the surgery. Before, she weighed 64, and after 63. She gained weight over the weekend (my brother's fault. I literally can't go to Target without my dog's getting fat :mad: ) ... about two lbs actually. Dr. D couldn't even see through the fat layer that was created over the weekend, so she had to take out the fat. That's why she lost so much weight. Her food will have to be reduced to get rid of the extra pound. Thank God the fat was able to be taken out! I'm having a horrid time getting it off Luka. Almost gone -- but geeze, food from one night shouldn't leave her "bloated" for three days! ... Getting off track now ;)

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Dr. D couldn't even see through the fat layer that was created over the weekend, so she had to take out the fat.

How could two pounds lead to that :confused: :eek:

Anyways, I'm glad she is home. Hopefully she doesn't need to go back to the vet.

Vette
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Glad the surgery went well and thats home again. :D

all paws and fingers crossed that your girl will stuff her face soon!

.sarah
11-28-2005, 07:10 PM
How could two pounds lead to that :confused: :eek:

A pound of fat is a lot more than most people think. It's hard to believe, but it's probably a bit bigger than the size of your fist. We have a model at work, and it's really ... an eye-opener.

Thanks for your comment.

all paws and fingers crossed that your girl will stuff her face soon!
LOL Thanks ;)

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 07:12 PM
A pound of fat is a lot more than most people think. It's hard to believe, but it's probably a bit bigger than the size of your fist. We have a model at work, and it's really ... an eye-opener.

Omg I never knew that! :eek:

.sarah
11-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Omg I never knew that! :eek:
It's something like this: http://anatomical.com/product.asp?pn=WA7173

You can't tell the size from this picture, but this was the best I could find. Maybe I could put a quarter next to ours at work and take a picture. hmm..

KYS
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Glad Nova is home and wishing her a fast recovery.

dab_20
11-28-2005, 07:54 PM
I went into work today at 12:00. Dr. D and Leah told me she didn't make it ...

Almost gave me a heart attack!! lol... I am very glad the surgury went well! Get your appetite back Nova!

anna_66
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh they do need to quit messing with you! I think I would have freaked if they would have said my dog didn't make it:o

Many healing thoughts coming your way Nova. Hope you'll be eating full force in no time!

poofy
11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Glad she is home and well.. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Almost gave me a heart attack!!
Yes I almost had a heart attack too when I read that she didn't make it!!! I'm glad Nova is doing well, and she's probably so glad to be home!

countrycowgirl
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
:D I am glad to hear that it went well I hope that she starts eating soon and recovers quickly!

lv4dogs
11-29-2005, 10:40 AM
I also freaked out when I read that first sentance. I used to do it all the time when I worked at the vets. I remember one of our co workers got a sheltie puppy that would eat just about anything. She would always bring the dog to work for x-rays to see if he had a blockage. He never did. So after about the 25th time we put a whole mess of items on the x-ray table under the dog... lined them all up perfect so it looked like they were all really inside the dogs digestive tract. We showed her the x-rays & she about blew a gasket. lol
Back on subject now.
Glad to hear she's doing good. I'm sure her appetite will be back today, most dogs don't even really care to eat the day of the surgery.

k9krazee
11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I also freaked out when I read that first sentance. I used to do it all the time when I worked at the vets. I remember one of our co workers got a sheltie puppy that would eat just about anything. She would always bring the dog to work for x-rays to see if he had a blockage. He never did. So after about the 25th time we put a whole mess of items on the x-ray table under the dog... lined them all up perfect so it looked like they were all really inside the dogs digestive tract

LOL!! :D Oh man...

I'm glad Nova did great in surgery, hopefully she'll start eating soon!!

tikeyas_mom
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
aww
im glad novas alright :).
she'll start eating soon..
Tikeya didnt eat for a couple days after her spay,
but then she started eating more then she did before she was spayed!! :eek:
Nova your such a brave girl:)

.sarah
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh they do need to quit messing with you! I think I would have freaked if they would have said my dog didn't make it:o
I'm used to it by now and I knew they weren't serious LOL. Plus, I do it to them too. Everyone at my work is such good friends and we always mess with each other. And sometimes it's hard to know when they're serious. Like Dr.D telling me she took out some fat ... I thought she was joking!

I also freaked out when I read that first sentance. I used to do it all the time when I worked at the vets. I remember one of our co workers got a sheltie puppy that would eat just about anything. She would always bring the dog to work for x-rays to see if he had a blockage. He never did. So after about the 25th time we put a whole mess of items on the x-ray table under the dog... lined them all up perfect so it looked like they were all really inside the dogs digestive tract. We showed her the x-rays & she about blew a gasket. lol
Oh man, that's so funny! LOL I can't imagine the lady's face.

Thanks everyone for the comments :) She still is acting funny about her food. I soaked it in water and then she thought it was good. She's just being picky. It's her "mommy, I went to the doctor and had surgery. I deserve better than that!" strike :rolleyes:

Her energy level has increased today, but still not back to normal.

dogzr#1
11-29-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm glad to here that Nova's doing all right. Don't worry about her not eating. Molly and Astra didn't eat for about a day after their spay but now they (mostly Molly) eat like a horse! Hope you recover soon! :D

shais_mom
11-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Goodluck to you and Nova! :)

lv4dogs
11-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments :) She still is acting funny about her food. I soaked it in water and then she thought it was good. She's just being picky. It's her "mommy, I went to the doctor and had surgery. I deserve better than that!" strike :rolleyes:

Her energy level has increased today, but still not back to normal.

Well sure she deserves some special treatment. lol ;)

You should be lucky that her energy level is still low, it's easier to keep her calm that way. lol Just hope she stays calm for 6 more days. lol :D

Jessika
11-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Well wow, guess what I just woke up to today?? :rolleyes:

Looks like we're gonna have to get her spayed in February for sure now! :(

Glad to hear Nova handled it well though! ;)

.sarah
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Oooh Jessica that sucks :(

She's finally eating dry again :D

dab_20
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Well wow, guess what I just woke up to today??

Looks like we're gonna have to get her spayed in February for sure now!
that sucks. we have to get molli spayed soon too.

I am glad Nova is eating dry again.