PDA

View Full Version : Quincy

equinelover23
11-27-2005, 06:54 PM
We're picking our new maltese puppy up from the airport on tuesday. :D I've attached a pic of him... he needs some major cleaning up and a good hair cut!! :o :p :D

Here's a link to his daddy...

http://www.ctoydogs.com/quincy.html

I can't wait. I'll post pictures as soon as he gets here! :)

.sarah
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Not to be rude (I'm just curious, really) why does the puppy already have stains around his mouth when the dad is completely clean? It seems like the breeder would clean the pups up before you got them.

Anyway, he's very cute. The dad is gorgeous!

dab_20
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Awww... your puppy is adorable. His father is gorgous!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

animal_rescue
11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Not to be rude (I'm just curious, really) why does the puppy already have stains around his mouth when the dad is completely clean? It seems like the breeder would clean the pups up before you got them.

Those are tear stains, sometimes the only way to get them off is to shave it off. Or find products that get rid of them, I don't think they are a big deal but I don't know much about them, my past min poodles had them. The dad is adorable!! Congrats on the new puppy! :D

.sarah
11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Those are tear stains, sometimes the only way to get them off is to shave it off. Or find products that get rid of them, I don't think they are a big deal but I don't know much about them, my past min poodles had them. The dad is adorable!! Congrats on the new puppy! :D
I know, he also has brown around his mouth from eating. I was just wondering since the dad has nice, long hair and is completely clean looking. Not a big deal, but I just find it odd.

equinelover23
11-27-2005, 07:31 PM

We're not getting him directly from the breeder, we purchased him from a lady who purchased him from the breeder and decided another dog was too much (she already has several yorkies). So she isn't like the breeders, who keep their dogs perfectly clean. :) We'll end up cleaning it up (and keeping it clean).

.sarah
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
We're not getting him directly from the breeder, we purchased him from a lady who decided another dog was too much (she already has several yorkies). So she isn't like the breeders, who keep their dogs perfectly clean. :) We'll end up cleaning it up (and keeping it clean).
Ah, I see. Makes more sense now. Well, congrats! :)

sammy101
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
he's adorable!Congratulations! :)

Toby's my baby
11-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Aww. . he is adorable!! I want a puppy again!! :( lol ;)

Addie
11-27-2005, 09:22 PM
eek! The dad shocked me a bit...he looks like a she... I am not particularly fond of the maltese...probably because they look too fancy and spoiled...but i think your puppy is cute! He looks like a normal dog...hehe!

IRescue452
11-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Cute! Congrats! I was disappointed though that the website has no information whatsoever, just pretty pictures. How do you know what you are getting?

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Congrats on your new puppy! He's a cutie! :D

elizabethann
11-28-2005, 06:22 AM
What a cutie pie.

MyLittleMutt
11-28-2005, 08:35 AM
He is so cute! Congrats!

poofy
11-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi I love maltese..he is beautiful...cant wait for more pictures.. :D

k9krazee
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
He is very cute! How old is he?

equinelover23
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
eek! The dad shocked me a bit...he looks like a she... I am not particularly fond of the maltese...probably because they look too fancy and spoiled...but i think your puppy is cute! He looks like a normal dog...hehe!

LOL, I'm not very fond of them with long hair, either. :o We'll keep him with a "puppy cut." :p :D

To IRescue: Again, we're not getting him directly from the breeder, but the lady we bought him from did go to their house to pick them up. Maybe they just talk to people through emails and get their attention by pictures? :confused:

He's 5 months. :)

My mom is planning (if everything is ok) on breeding Isis and Quincy. She's been looking into it for the past few years, and has been waiting for Isis to get older. She never planned on buying a male, she was going to send Isis to a stud, but decided she did NOT want Isis to leave her for two weeks. I think it would be an awesome experience. Isis and Quincy are both purebred and Quincy's father is a champion, and both from good breeders... ect. I still feel guilty somehow, though. Just seeing all the dogs in shelters!

I wanted to ask you guys where the line would be drawn between responsible breeding and irresponsible breeding?

dab_20
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Well responsible breeding is if you have both parent's registered, test the puppies for things, get them shots, blahblah.

I don't know everything you gotta do ;) so if anyone else knows, don't listen to me. lol

equinelover23
11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your input, guys! :) Of course we would get the Vet's ok for the parents health wise, and the puppies tested/shots ect. Three of our friend's definately would want a puppy if we had them. My mom only works on the side as a hairdresser at home, and these dogs are her passion. She would really go all the way with this.

But the problem is showing. It's not particularly something she's interested in, and like you said, it's important to want to breed to better the breed.

I was actually looking into showing Quincy myself, but that is something I know nothing about!

EDIT - Someone deleted the post I was replying to! :o