PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of our KY Natural Bridge and hike!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey all,

A few weeks ago we went hiking at our very own Kentucky natural bridge park!!! (and this bridge is amazing...the biggest natural bridge in the world!!) It was SO cool, and the fall colors were absolutely amazing!! I had a share a few pictures too...sorry they're attached; I'm too lazy to upload right now!:o;) Plus I took like over 100 pictures, but I've narrowed it down from about 15-20. Enjoy!:)

Let's see...the first three pictures here are the first part of the hike, and the last two of these five was this cool cave we found slightly off the trail; it was NEAT!!:D

*edit* The bridge is about an hour and a half from our house btw.;)

Lots more coming!

Laura's Babies
11-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I want to see the natural bridge.... I gew up in Virginia and there is a awesome one there too~!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-27-2005, 05:40 PM
These next few are going up the "mountain" farther...you can see we were almost under the bridge at this point, and then we had to walk through this VERY narrow place in between these two rocks to get to the top and walk on the bridge. It was VERY tight quarters as you can see...I barely fit, lol!:)

Oh yes, and unfortunately, pets weren't allowed!:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Ok, here's the view from the bridge, a pic of my dad and brothers, and the bridge viewed from far away. Isn't it amazing??!!:D:)

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Here's on the way down...the first pic is a neat one of the lake below with all the trees surrounding it, our steep decline, a few neat pics, and a pic I got of a duck on the lake when we got back down. That's all, hope you liked all the pics!!:D;)

-Katie;)

.sarah
11-27-2005, 05:57 PM
So beautiful! I wish I could have gone! ;)

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Katie, what a beautiful place. I love the fall leaves too. Thanks for sharing! :D

poofy
11-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh I loved your pictures just such awsome areas..thanks for sharing :D

CagneyDog
11-27-2005, 06:25 PM
What a beautiful hike!

joanofark
11-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I love those pictures!:eek: I've never been there before! I should go sometime! Amazing! I'm sure you had a lot of fun! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2005, 04:39 AM
What an absolute beautiful place!! It is breathtaking!! I know many great places in the States, but this one is new to me! Wow, Kentucky, you are on my list!!!
This one is gorgeous!!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=25052

Toby's my baby
11-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Kaite those are beautiful!! :eek: I love love love all of them, but i really like the on of you dad and brothers. . I dont know why, its just really cute, and the duck one! I love all the fall colors!

dukedogsmom
11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
That place is really beautiful! I wonder how many people have gotten stuck in that one area? When I was driving down from Maryland, I tried to find the one in Virginia but all I found was a tourist trap. I would love to see one in person.

lady_zana
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh! I live near Natural Bridge too! I grew up in Lee County which is about 30 mins. or so from the Bridge! Every year my CCD class would have our final picnic there and then we'd hike to the bridge. It's really neat to see places you've been through other people's eyes. ;)

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
What a beautiful site! I'll have to visit it if I'm ever in the area again.