PDA

View Full Version : Sick. :(

Kfamr
11-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks to the lovely people in Utah ( ;) ) and the guy next to me on the plane ride home - who was almost downing cough syrup... i've now got myself a lovely little cold.

It started while I was in Utah and now it's full-blown and known. My nose is dripping, my throat is clogged, and my joints are all sore. :p Grreeaatt.. just in time to go back to work and stand on my feet all day!

So... what's everyone's favorite cold medicine? I NEED something good!

sammy101
11-27-2005, 01:27 PM
i use Tylenol Cold with cool burst.Works best for me,and it makes your throat feel better with the cool burst.
colds suck,i have a little one right now,i hate it :rolleyes:

caseysmom
11-27-2005, 01:28 PM
I like dayquil, there is something in there for a cough too.

Oh,,,,edit to say I hope you feel better soon. :)

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Tylenol Cold here. I was sick for a week and a 1/2! I really never cough much though. I did lose my voice for 2 1/2 days! :eek: I hope you don't lose yours Kay. I hadn't had a cold in years and I'd like to know who gave it to me. ;) Hope you get better soon. :)

neko1
11-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I, too, have come down with a cold..that's what I get for hanging around with my mom and my niece this weekend, who were both sick :o

Yep, now I have to go to work with a cold...yuk. Hopefully it won't turn into bronchitis. Last year I had bronchitis on thanksgiving, then got it again 2 weeks later, then got it again for christmas, then got it again in february. At least in this job I can actually take a sick day if I need to.

Hope you feel better, Kay...I know what it's like.

Ginger's Mom
11-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Whatever you take, take the Cold-eez. I swear they really do help to lessen the symptoms and the duration of the cold.

moosmom
11-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I swear by Afrin nose spray and Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold. That's all I ever use.

Feel better! ;)

Laura's Babies
11-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I am with moonsmom.. That alka seltzer plus can't be beat. It is ALL I ever use and have reccomended it to a number of people who now also swear by it.. The cold symptoms are all but gone by the next day... I find the fizzing kind hand down BETTER that the gel caps. Afrin, I NEVER leave home without it.

k9krazee
11-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I hope you're feeling better soon!

poofy
11-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry so many are getting sick and hope you all get better soon.. :(

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/GETWELLSOON.gif

.sarah
11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Zicam. It has been proven to cut the time of your cold in half.

Hope you feel better!

christa
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
AIRBORNE!!!

It's like an overdose of Vit. C and IT WORKS!

I was in the same situation as you over the holidays. We were all exposed to the same snotty nosed twins and now, me, my mom & my hubby are sick. BUT my mom is horribly sick and since I've been taking Airborne since I felt the first symptom, I have had a very mild case and so has hubby.

Really, it does work. If you take it at the onset of a cold, it usually knocks it out right away . . . and in your case, if you took it right now, it would probably cut it in half.

www.airbornehealth.com

Check it out!

CagneyDog
11-27-2005, 05:33 PM
That sucks :( I hope you start to feel better soon.

trayi52
11-27-2005, 05:38 PM
I haven't really ever took anything for a cold, so I don't know of anything.

I do hope you feel better soon though, it really sucks to be sick. Get well soon, Kay.

Willie :(

*LabLoverKEB*
11-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry that you're not feeling great, Kay! Get well soon! ;)

slleipnir
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Atleast you weren't really sick on the trip hehe. Sorry your sick, it really sucks :(

IRescue452
11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I can't recommend any medicine, I just let it run its course, but I hope you feel better soon. Take yourself out to eat or buy yourself something, it helps lots when you're feeling crumby.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-28-2005, 04:50 AM
AWWW Kay, I'm sorry you are not feeling well :(

Can't recommend any medicine as I don't know what is available there, but Ally and Connor are sending you some GET WELL SOON headbumpies!

(((HUGS)))

ramanth
11-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Sorry you caught the creeping crud. :( Hopefully it was toward the end of your vacation. It sucks being sick on vacation. My sister gave me her chicken pox when we were in Florida. :eek: :mad: :(

As far as medicine goes, it depends on the symptoms. Overall Tylonel Cold helps. If it's a dry cough, Mucinex is expensive but really helps break up the congestion in lungs.

If it's sinus pressure, any decongestant, like Sudafed really helps me. :)

Feel better soon.

gini
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I have to completely agree on recommending Airborne! At the slightest hint of a cold I have taken it and all of the symptoms go away immediately.

Kfamr
11-28-2005, 10:17 AM
And here I am, home from work, sipping on disgusting Thera-Flu. It's worked in the past so hopefully it will work again.

My mom made me stay home from work.... feel kind of lousy missing my first day back to work.

Thanks for your recommendations. I asked my dad about Airborne and he said he's never heard of it, so he bought Thera-Flu.

RobiLee
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear you are feeling bad, Kay. I hope you are all better real soon.

{{{HUGS}}}

Miss Z
11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
I have a cold too and i feel lousy! Try having hot juice, it clears the airways for me!:) ;)

anna_66
11-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh it just figures you'd get sick, just glad you didn't get sick while you were there;)
I usually take the yucky Nyquil for my colds :rolleyes:

sabies
11-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry your sick but being back in warm Florida ought to help out. I am sick too from Thanksgiving visits and the dry air here is not helping so I got a humidifier.

I pretty much OD on vitamin c and that really helps a lot - vitamin c crystals dissolved in water. If I do this regularly I don't get sick. I should have known better with people gathering for holidays and the cold weather but I was too lazy. (Lots of Florida orange juice will help too :) )

Airborne, Zicam, Cold-eeze, and excess vitamin c are all pretty much based on the same idea and they do work and are great to prevent colds. They still help if you already have a cold but if all you want is something to help you sleep - Nyquil!

Kfamr
11-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Sipping (read: gagging) on a cup of Thera-Flu before bed. Bought some Tylenol Sinus for work if I need it. Have some chewable Vit. C pills, too.

Hope those of you who are sick get to feeling better!

PJ's Mom
11-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Kay is sick? Kay can't be sick! :eek: ;)

Get well soon. :)

Kfamr
11-29-2005, 04:10 AM
I was ready for work and my mom told me to stay home. Coughing up some really nice colored stuff this morning. Back to bed for me.. I feel like such a bum. I really wanted to go back to work, that's the worst part. :( :(

dogzr#1
11-29-2005, 07:02 AM
I hope you feel better soon. I can't recomend any medacines but remember that old saying "starve a cold, drown a fever" or something like that. I might've switched them around. Anywho, hope you feel better soon.