PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got pierced??? (PICS!)

binka_nugget
11-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Warning.. if piercings offend or disgust you, look no further.

Ready!??!

I got my NAPE pierced!! I've wanted this for ages but no one wanted to take pictures (which is a definite must for this piercing). My new boyfriend loves piercings so I finally had someone who could take pictures for me. :D

Getting marked up
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape1.jpg

Figuring out the placement
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape2.jpg

http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape3.jpg

All the supplies
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape4.jpg

The needle in the jewelry (it makes insertion much easier)
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape5.jpg

Getting the clamp on
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape6.jpg

The finished product
http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape10.jpg

http://www.oh-my-dog.net/images/nape/nape9.jpg

I'm SOOO happy with it! :D It wasn't painful at all.. my cartilage still beats everything else pain-wise.

CagneyDog
11-27-2005, 12:15 PM
That's SO cool! :D I love it!

Karen
11-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Yowch! I've never seen a nape pierced before! Won't your hair get caught in it? Or are you planning on ponytails until it heals at least?

Kfamr
11-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Karen, you've never seen that piercing!?

Wow, it's so popular around here. Kind of interesting but I don't think i'd ever do it.

Toby's my baby
11-27-2005, 12:25 PM
That is AWSOME!!!! You just gave me a new idea. .. ;) Just kidding, i doubt i will ever get that done... i'm definently NOT brave enough . .. . it is VERY cool though!

binka_nugget
11-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Yowch! I've never seen a nape pierced before! Won't your hair get caught in it? Or are you planning on ponytails until it heals at least?

I almost always have my hair tied up so it shouldn't be much of a problem. :)

Karen
11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Karen, you've never seen that piercing!?

Wow, it's so popular around here. Kind of interesting but I don't think i'd ever do it.

Maybe it just hasn't hit the Metro Boston area? I've certainly stood in line behind lots and lots of people who didn't have it!

buttercup132
11-27-2005, 12:33 PM
ive never seen it b4 either.... :confused: but it looks cool

christa
11-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Wierd! :eek: I haven't seen that before either, and I've seen just about every piercing possible. Looks painful.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-27-2005, 12:48 PM
That looks great - you will have to wear your hair up ALL the time to show it off :D

CountryWolf07
11-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd be way too chicken to get a peircing like that - in fact, I didn't think that existed. You're brave for doing it!

gemini9961
11-27-2005, 01:03 PM
I have never seen one either, interesting. You are far braver than I.

sammy101
11-27-2005, 01:10 PM
wow thats a cool peircing!I didnt even know you could get a peircing there :o I really want my nose peirced though.

areias
11-27-2005, 02:52 PM
That's really cool...I have my tongue pierced. Hmm, you said it dosen't hurt much..does it go all the way through, like a bar connects both ends? I don't understand how it works.. :o

Mutt_Maniac
11-27-2005, 03:13 PM
I LOVE those! i saw a guy are menards that had that its AWSOME!

kuhio98
11-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Same here. I've never seen it before. It must not be popular here either.

cali
11-27-2005, 03:29 PM
lol I have heard of a lot of peircings but that is a new one to me :eek:

Laura's Babies
11-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Who in the world ever thought of that one? Looks nice though...... on someone else. Not disgusting at all. Now the one in the tongue... THAT is disgusting..

k9krazee
11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
That one is new to me too!!! Looks great, I am way too chicken to do something like that!

finn's mom
11-27-2005, 05:10 PM
That is awesome, I really like it...In the first picture, it looks like balls, but, then it looks to be flat discs in the second...Can you get either when you choose the jewelry? I've seen them before, but, not often. I knew a guy in Dallas that had several on his nape, and, his spine pierced all the way down too...eek. I think it looks so cool. I would actually consider the nape. Very pretty. :) How many does that make for you now?

jackie
11-27-2005, 05:23 PM
I have never seen a nape piercing either.

You are the first for me!

Suki Wingy
11-27-2005, 05:46 PM
never seen it there before but it looks cool, I love it!

binka_nugget
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
That is awesome, I really like it...In the first picture, it looks like balls, but, then it looks to be flat discs in the second...Can you get either when you choose the jewelry? I've seen them before, but, not often. I knew a guy in Dallas that had several on his nape, and, his spine pierced all the way down too...eek. I think it looks so cool. I would actually consider the nape. Very pretty. :) How many does that make for you now?

I ended up getting the one with the discs. I think he used the other one just for comparison while doing the measurements. And yep, you can get either for the jewelry. What's really awesome is that if I ever want to change it to the balls, I can put in the ones I have for my other barbells without taking the piercing out of my neck. :D I have 12 piercings now.. I recently took out my eyebrow piercing :(

That's really cool...I have my tongue pierced. Hmm, you said it dosen't hurt much..does it go all the way through, like a bar connects both ends? I don't understand how it works.. :o

Yep, that's exactly how it works. The jewelry looks like this http://www.jobananas.com/acatalog/jbtsb.jpg Basically the only thing sticking out are the two discs on the ends. :)

ramanth
11-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Never heard of that piercing before but congrats! Looks neat! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-28-2005, 09:53 AM
That's it! I am officially OLD. I saw your piercing and thought "why?" ;)

Cataholic
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Nah, Brody's Mom....I thought the exact same thing! Why? (wait, maybe that means I am old? :D )

I really, really, really just don't get it. Can you tell me why you do this? I am not asking in any other way but a genuine curiousity. I mean I understand extreme sports, people that spend thier life in school, people that pursue hobbies to the nth degree...but, I just don't understand body peircings/tatoos to the extremes.

jenluckenbach
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Nah, Brody's Mom....I thought the exact same thing! Why? (wait, maybe that means I am old? :D )

I really, really, really just don't get it. Can you tell me why you do this? I am not asking in any other way but a genuine curiousity. I mean I understand extreme sports, people that spend thier life in school, people that pursue hobbies to the nth degree...but, I just don't understand body peircings/tatoos to the extremes.

Me too :o.

And Karen, I never saw one of those peircings either.

binka_nugget
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM

I got my first couple of piercings (eyebrow and lip) just because I thought they looked neat. But now I have a few different reasons. Now I do it partly because of the amazing rush I get. I also do it because I've always felt like the "odd" one in groups of people.. so why not look the way I feel? And lately, it has become an art for me. It's amazing the things you can do to your body.

Cataholic
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Thank you for answering my question! ;)

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Thats sweet! I wanted to get that done when I had short hair but then I thought about how hard it would be change the jewlery by myself if I ever had to.

Shelteez2
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey that looks nice... I have heard about nape piercings before but I had never seen one. My co-worker wants it done.

What are the chances of your body rejecting the piercing? If it does will you get it redone?

Now the one in the tongue... THAT is disgusting..

Awww I love having my tongue pierced... :)

finn's mom
11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I got my first couple of piercings (eyebrow and lip) just because I thought they looked neat. But now I have a few different reasons. Now I do it partly because of the amazing rush I get. I also do it because I've always felt like the "odd" one in groups of people.. so why not look the way I feel? And lately, it has become an art for me. It's amazing the things you can do to your body.

That's cool that you gave such an open, honest answer. I know, for me, the few that I want to get, are simply because I find them attractive. No different than getting your ears pierced, I know some people that still find that completely pointless. And, when you think of it, as far as function, they don't serve a purpose. Neither does wearing other jewelry, or makeup and wearing nice clothes, but, if it's what you think is comfortable and it makes you feel good, then THAT'S it's purpose. ;) Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, that's for sure. I know the piercings that I want to get will certainly turn some off and attract others that might not otherwise look my way. ;) But, that's not the point...like you said, and, I agree with you...it can be a form of art. Just like makeup and clothes, it's a form of expression. The only thing about it unlike those other things is that it is a bit more permanent (as in, there's a visible scar left over sometimes if you remove it), and, a lot of people don't like it. But, then a lot of people don't like makeup, either. I'd rather wear a piercing in my lip than wear makeup every day. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I love it! It's awesome!!

binka_nugget
11-28-2005, 02:58 PM
:D hehe.. thanks for all the nice replies guys. I've had some not so nice responses from friends but whatever.. I like it. :D

Hey that looks nice... I have heard about nape piercings before but I had never seen one. My co-worker wants it done.

What are the chances of your body rejecting the piercing? If it does will you get it redone?

I think rejection is pretty common for nape piercings. The piercer did a really nice job with the placement though so I'm *hoping* that it'll heal, or at least last a year or two. Placement and jewelry play a huge part.. if your co-worker decides to get it done, tell him/her that a surface bar is a must.

If it rejects, I'll either get it redone or get another surface piercing with the same jewelry.. I'd really like a cleavage piercing. They're pretty. :D

finn's mom
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I'd really like a cleavage piercing. They're pretty. :D

holy pajamas! that's one i haven't seen yet! does it just go...between? ack, i'm going to search for pictures right now! if you have one, pm me the link.

edited: found some photos, wow! i think it's pretty, too! not something i would get, just cuz i don't have cleavage. ha ha, but, they looked great on the couple of girls i just saw online. very cool.

manda_moo87
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Way to go Ash, looks great!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM

And that's what makes you, you - unique and special. Hope you didn't think I was criticising you....just wondered that's all...........