PDA

View Full Version : Someone in my neighborhood is shooting at cats!! :(

Kirsten
11-27-2005, 07:59 AM
I read about this in the newspaper yesterday. A woman whos's not living very far away from me has reported to the police that 5 of her cats have been shot at with an air gun. Only one survived, 4 have lost their lives. The first of these murders happened one year ago, the last one now. I don't know at this point if there are others here who have lost cats that way, but it could be that more people go public now that the woman with the five cats informed the police.

Anyway, it makes me sick that such a bastard is living somewhere here in my neighborhood. How can anyone do such a thing to these beautiful, lovable creatures? The cruelties of the human race and their disrespect towards other living beings will never cease to disgust me. :( :( :(

And another thing I'm worried about: Do you think you can shoot through the glas of a window with an air gun? My girls are indoor cats, but they love to sit on the window sills and look outside... (

Kirsten

Kirsten

catmandu
11-27-2005, 08:24 AM
I hope not Kirsten because The Found Cats sit in the window as well.
What you could do is put Mac Tac on your windows as I have,and noone can see in.
The sad thing is that even if they catch this Killer,he will get at worse,a fine.
I hate to think of someone sniping at the Porchers.

Laura's Babies
11-27-2005, 09:47 AM
They have someone around where Marie lives that is shooting animals only they are not sticking with cats, they are shooting cows and horses too. I think they feel justified shooting cats using the excuse "they get on my car and scratch up the paint or leave paw prints all over it".

I don't think you would have to worry about anyone shooting into your house to hit a cat in the window. That puts them in a whole new world of crimminal charges and they would be treated far more harsh if they were caught doing that, there would be police swarming the neighborhood and the whole neighborhood would be outraged and on alert. These are COWARDS doing that and their method is being as sneaky as possiable so as not to be caught or call any attention to themselves.

Barbara
11-27-2005, 09:52 AM
:mad: That makes me mad! I can't imagine that they can't find him. Someone MUST know who is doing this!

I have never heard of somebody shooting at cats sitting in a window. Most of the time they stand at their own window and shoot. :( I hope he steps on his gun and shoots himself in the.... well in a place where he as to sleep on his belly for a long time.

kb2yjx
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Kirsten! I can feel how upset you are in your post! It is a terrible thing that some people just get pleasure hurting animals, they have no voice(but WE are their voices), and many of these fools think animals do not feel pain!!! I truly believe that your kitties will be safe since they are in the house. You know we ALL hope this person is caught soon. Please keep us posted! Sandra

kb2yjx
11-27-2005, 10:23 AM
I just asked my husband about the safety of your cats. He said that " it could go thru the window, but it would not kill the animal inside(on the other side of the window), because the b-b would have been slowed down by the glass." I am sorry to tell you this!! Sandra

Randi
11-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Kirsten, I can't tell you how mad this makes me! I really hope he's caught very soon!! :mad:

The cruelties of the human race and their disrespect towards other living beings will never cease to disgust me.
Me neither!! :( :( :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2005, 11:08 AM
And another thing I'm worried about: Do you think you can shoot through the glas of a window with an air gun? My girls are indoor cats, but they love to sit on the window sills and look outside... (

OMG, I sure hope NOT!! That would be murder AND burglary!! What a moron that person is :mad: :mad: . Doesn't anyone know who this criminal might be??

kimlovescats
11-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh Kirsten that is just horrible!!! :mad: :( Some people can be so ruthless and cruel! I imagine this person is just angry about cats who are roaming loose, or maybe they have an extreme hatred for them. However, I do agree that SURELY he would not take a chance at prison time for shooting inside someone's home. I think your kitties are safe. Just be very careful. ;)

Kim

momcat
11-27-2005, 01:04 PM
This is way past outrageous :mad: and I do understand your anger, Kirsten. I have zero tolerance for intentional abuse and cruelty to ANY animal. My heart goes out to your neighbor for her terrible loss! Hopefully by going to the police and going public with this horror story, others will be more aware of who's around your area especially if that person doesn't belong there. It's quite possible someone knows something about this but they're not aware of it. I hope this !*%$@#^ is found quickly and gets the entire law library thrown at them!!! My prayers for your safety as well as beautiful Lilly and Luna. Let us know what happens?

Kirsten
11-27-2005, 02:45 PM
He said that " it could go thru the window, but it would not kill the animal inside(on the other side of the window), because the b-b would have been slowed down by the glass.

Thank you for asking your hubby about this, Sandra. I spoke to my neighbor this afternoon who's working on an army base, and he said the same.

Well, I also tend to think that the sniper is someone who's killing the cats because they roam in his garden, or - if it turns out that only that woman's cats have been shot - it's something personal between them.

I really really hope that he (for some reason I'm sure it's a "he") will be caught and punished. It's sad but true that he won't be sent to jail for this. Sadly, killing animals is only damage to property. But at least, animal abuse is a crime, too. However, he would only have to pay a fine. :(

Kirsten

rg_girlca
11-27-2005, 06:15 PM
:mad: :mad: Oh I pray that they catch this sorry excuse for a human being. That poor woman, how I feel for her. :(

Prairie Purrs
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I came home once to find that some jerk had tried to shoot a BB through my living room window. The BB put a hole through the window pane but was stopped by a sticker I had placed on the inside of the window. Interestingly enough, the sticker was a rendition of a protective symbol.

After that scare, I attached a piece of plexiglass between the screen and window pane.

kb2yjx
11-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Kirsten, I really felt horrible telling you what my husband told me. And then to have it confirmed by your friend!!! Any news??? Sandra

Sonia59
11-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Horrible, I have no words :mad: :mad:

Something different from your sniper: in my village, hunters are shooting at cats. Last year, they even shot in our garden (my neighbour told me), as sometimes rabbits are crossing the garden.
Everything moving, they shoot! :mad:

Kirsten
12-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Here's an update:

He got caught!!

After the newspaper article I mentioned above, neighbors reported a 67-year-old who's living next door to the woman who lost her cats, they suspected it could have been him.

He's still denying it, but the cops found several weapons, and one of them was the air gun the cats have been shot with. They guy has to pay a fine now, but not because of the cats (at least not yet), but because he didn't keep the guns in a safe place.

The new article didn't mention his name and exact adress, so I won't even recognize the bastard when I see him. :mad:

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2005, 11:29 AM
That is SUPER news!! I hope he gets a sky-high fine :p :mad:

momcat
12-02-2005, 06:39 PM
That's WONDERFUL news!!! I hope this means that Luna, Lily and all the other kitties in your area are safe now. Could I ask just one favor of you, Kirsten? If you do find out who this sorry excuse for a living thing is and happen to run into him, would you give him a few swift kicks "there" for me? Thanks, I'll owe you a big one!

kb2yjx
12-02-2005, 07:34 PM
67 years old!!!!! He should have been doing far better things with his life, should have known better, and had far too much time on his hands!! I am so glad that the animals are safe from this waco!!! THROW THE BOOK AT HIM!!!
Sandra