PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Sleep?

sandragonfly
11-26-2005, 09:10 PM
wondering how, the way you sleep?

I always fall asleep on my sides so cats not sitting on can let me breath! ;) no, really, much comfortable than sleeping on my back, never liked to anyway. don't know why, I feel like an old lady if I do.. :rolleyes:

for echo, one of my furlickers loves, loves to sandpaper my face for an hour in the mornings so I often waking up on my stomach, with one hand above/arm covering my head.. :p sweet but ouucch. hate the feeling of waking with numb nose, cheeks and forehead everymorning now.

sometimes my friends told me I have slept in the weirdest ways too.. have yours?

catnapper
11-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I fall asleep on my side hugging my huggy pillow. I usually end up on my back with the huggy pillow over my forehead and eyes (I like the coolness of the pillow case)

Of course, there's usually Abby up by my arms asking to be petted as I fall asleep, and then she moves to my knees once I'm asleep. A Flutter who also sleeps by my ankles. A Pouncer who sleeps around my waist, an Allen who sleeps on hubby's ankles, a Harry who sleeps either on my legs, or besides them, and an Angel who squeezes in wherever she can! No wonder a King sized bed seems small!

AllAmericanPUP
11-26-2005, 09:21 PM
i usually sleep on my stomach but sometimes i sleep on my side...very rarely do i fall asleep on my back

CagneyDog
11-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Usually I sleep on my side, sometimes my back.

sandragonfly
11-26-2005, 09:30 PM
oh yes.. my largest black cat, ocean makes sure he never miss a night for my hugging cuddle, his head under my chin, my arm wrapping over him with his paws on my palm..

echo would wait until I fall asleep deep so he'd begin his 'loving duty'! miles (the only orangie) and gus gotta be under my blanket, just right next to ocean.

waking up in bury of patient, warm purring-motors all way on my back is another thing I wake up to and... eh! I can't move! (most of time I didn't want to!) :D http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif I always at least have eight cats on me. I sometimes get sore from that. . .too sleepy (or sensitive) to push them off. :eek:

Felix
11-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Well I start out laying on my back,only until Felix's purring session is over :rolleyes: Than I go on my side..always have.I cant sleep on my stomach,I feel like im smothering.I rarely sleep on my back,If I do it would be because I fell asleep watching tv :o So I voted side sleeper :p

neko1
11-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I sleep in the worst possible position- on my stomach. It's so bad for my neck and back, but with my horrible allergies, it's the only way that I can even sorta feel like I can breathe.

poofy
11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
On my tummy, with sammyj by my side and yollie over my head..lol..

sammy101
11-26-2005, 10:40 PM
i sleep like everything you put in the poll, and i sleep like a rock! :o

king2005
11-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I start out on my back. Once I'm relaxed & ready to fall asleep, I roll over onto my belly & I'm out like a light.

Aslong as my knees don't bother me at night I'll wake up on my belly. But when my knees are sore I flop all over the place & who knows where & how I'll wake up.

When I had my old dog, I use to sleep on my side, cause I would cuddly up to him (we were poor so the heat was always on LOW). Once I was warm & asleep, he would gently get off my bed & go to his bed (he had a sore back & sleeping on my bed made it worse, but he always had to put me to sleep )

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I sleep in different postions every night, lol...it's usually whatever way is more comfortable for Tango since once she's asleep there's no moving her.

.sarah
11-27-2005, 01:35 AM
I sleep usually on my back because that's what my doctor "prescribed" for me. I have really bad back and neck pain and he said I had to sleep on my back. I loooove sleeping on my stomache and still do sometimes.

Toby's my baby
11-27-2005, 11:06 AM
I usually sleep on my sides or on my stomach. I usually wake up on my stomach.

Karen
11-27-2005, 12:26 PM
I sleep in the worst possible position- on my stomach. It's so bad for my neck and back, but with my horrible allergies, it's the only way that I can even sorta feel like I can breathe.

Hmm, I sleep on my stomache, too - guess I'm not the only one who feels like her head is filling in and smuffocation will happen anytime soon if I sleep on my back. When my allergies and asthma are really, really bad - hasn't happened in quite a while, thank goodness - I sleep sitting up, doubled over a couple pillows folded in my lap. It looks uncomfortable, but I actually learned that it's scientifically sound - it stretches out your lung area and daiphragm so it's easier to breathe.

moosmom
11-27-2005, 01:19 PM
I always start sleeping on my stomach, but eventually I end up on my side. I'm also a contortionist sleeper. If my cats are on the bed, which most of the time they are, I usually sleep around them. Ah, what we do for our furkids!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I usually ALWAYS sleep on my stomach...it's so comfortable, I just love it! lol:) Sometimes I sleep on my sides though...I move quite a bit in my sleep!;)

todd
11-27-2005, 09:29 PM
on my stomach..

IRescue452
11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Sprawled out flat on my stomach, or on my stomach with my arms tucked under when I'm cold.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2005, 04:31 AM
I voted "other" ! I start on left side, later roll to right side, and end up on my back :D . This is only recent, as I never slept on my back before. But the pain in my hips forces me to turn on my back! It is comfy too, but my hubby doesn't like it a bit, because I snore when I lay on my back :o :D :D
OOPS, I planned to keep that a secret.... :o

Felicia's Mom
11-28-2005, 10:41 AM
On my back
I used to start out on one side, roll to my back during the night, and roll to the other side before I woke up. I did not put that though. When I was in the hospital and care center, I had to lay on my back in a hospital bed. I still lay on my back all night long.

jenfer
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
On my side.

pitc9
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I fall sleep on my back with Sierra between/on my feet, and Buddy up by my head sharing my pillow. Or he'll use my chest or tummy for a pillow. He's such a cuddle bug!
(this only happens during the week while my hubby works 3rd shift!!)

manda_moo87
11-28-2005, 02:31 PM
The only way I sleep comfortably is on my right side.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I voted "any way, I sleep like a rock!"- however I almost never sleep on my right side. I usually fall asleep on my left side and end up either on my back or stomach. I litterly fall asleep within 2 minutes of laying down.

Sprawled out flat on my stomach, or on my stomach with my arms tucked under when I'm cold.
I do that too.

sandragonfly
11-28-2005, 10:05 PM
oh goodness karen! sounds uncomfortable too, hope you'll never have to do that again. I would never known that as one of possiblites.

posted by moosmom
I'm also a contortionist sleeper.

thank you! I was looking for that word.. I never did sleep good at any hospitals at all! or at any furless friend's home.. :rolleyes: