PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Cat survial

poofy
11-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Cat has wild ride on its way to shelter

08:42 AM Mountain Standard Time on Wednesday, November 9, 2005
By The Associated Press

WENATCHEE, Wash. - A cat leaped from a pickup truck, scampered through traffic, fell 70 feet off a bridge into the chilly Columbia River and swam another 600 feet to shore, officials said.

The longhair gray cat, which had no collar or identification, "ate ravenously" at an animal shelter after the ordeal, Wenatchee Valley Humane Society officer Jody White said.

Joi Singleton said she and her husband, Ron, were driving over the Odabashian Bridge on Sunday morning when they saw something come off a pickup ahead of them.

They returned on foot, spotted the cat cowering on a concrete barrier and called the Humane Society.

Two officers put the cat in a portable kennel, but it jumped out "like a jack-in-the-box before we could secure the door" and leaped over the railing, White said.

The group ran to the river shore and cheered on the cat.

"Once it spun around in a current and we thought that was it," Singleton said. "Then this guy in a kayak came out of nowhere and started pushing it toward us. The officers got a noose around its neck and pulled it in."

kilbarchancats
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
max, candy and tom sincerely hope that this darling puss finds its furrever home after all of the trauma and recovers from the stress

catmandu
11-27-2005, 08:31 AM
That is a very Lucky Cat.Thank God that Gentleman in the canoe was Johhnny on the spot to help.
It sounds as though that Cat has used at least one of his Nine Lives!

Barbara
11-27-2005, 11:19 AM
I am so glad he got food and could "eat ravenously"!

kimlovescats
11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! :eek: I didn't realize that kitties could swim ... or WOULD swim! Bless his heart .... thank GOD he made it!!!