PDA

View Full Version : I am so EMBARRASSED!

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
I went to costco this afternoon. I was back about 20 to 30 minutes when my daughter says "there is a cop at the door".

I answered the door and he said "there was a 911 call from this house that we are responding to" well I am sure he could tell I was dumbfounded...by the way casey and bubba were sniffing him up and down.

I said the kids (I use that loosely, they are 13 and 14) anyway I said the kids must have been up to something, please come in. My 14 year old said my 13 year old and her friend were joking and rough housing and she heard them saying we need to call the hospital.

I profusely apologized, by the way he was a total hunk. My daughter said before he knocked he was looking in a very high window in our door, I don't blame him he was seeing what situation he was getting into.

Well I questioned them each alone and my 13 year old friend said
"I may have called 911" well duh you either did or you didn't, now she is a wonderful kid that my daughter has been best friends with since kindergarten so I just said you guys are lucky I got home they would have taken you down to the station probably. They were almost in tears but what the hell was she thinking??? :o

CagneyDog
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Woah. What a stupid thing to do :eek:

At least it worked out alright though.

Laura's Babies
11-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Ewww! They are at that "fun age"! I bet the policeman would have taken them downtown if you had not come home, thinking something WAS really wrong in that house and they were afraid to say so. WOW! Good thing you came home when you did! I am surprised they didn't get a ticket or something for making a false call to the 911 system. That is nothing to play with and they have to treat every call seriously. They just don't know how lucky they are in this!

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I told the officer that when my oldest was an infant we had 911 on a speed dial button and she had dialed it but they called back and I told them what happened.

He said that happens a lot so they tried to call by my 14 year old by then had 2 way calling going so they couldn't get through...lovely :rolleyes:

I stressed again how important it is not to tie up the phone lines.

Toby's my baby
11-26-2005, 07:04 PM
WOW! :eek: at least he was a hunk, right ;) I would have asked the policeman to take them down, just to freak them out, make them sit in a jail sell for about 25 min. dont tell them what is going on, and then you come and get them and ask if they learned their lessons yet ;) :p

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 07:08 PM
I was too in shock to think of anything. My daughter and her friend who did this are just the best kids, never an ounce of trouble. My older daughter usually gives me the headaches so when it happened she said "okay I had nothing to do with this".

My youngest and her friend both get straight a's, no interest in boys and I could go on and on so it is just really wierd and dumb.

Toby's my baby
11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Lol. You gotta mess up sometime right?? ;) I've messed up, but I dont feel like posting it all over the world, to make it short, i got sexually harrassed, if someone really wants to know the story, feel free to ask. BUT ANYWAY, i am glad they are good kids, I would be in shock myself, I cant even imagin what is going through THEIR heads.

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah since she has never given me an ounce of trouble I am trying not to freak out about it. I did stress what could have happened though.

Karen
11-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Perhaps she and her friend should each write a formal letter of apology to the police department, stressing that they are truly sorry, and know there could have been serious consequences if the officer had been needed elsewhere for a real emergency. These men and women are our first responders and often lives may be at stake.

They are lucky not to be charged with something!

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Good idea Karen. I can't wait to discuss this alone with my daughter. It is so out of character for her friend. I still haven't decided if I am going to talk to her mom about it or not.

It seems like they were wrestling and her friend hit 911 and hit talk instead of off or whatever on the phone, I am just guessing what happened, pretty immature for 13 either way.

poofy
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Happened to my neices, and they thought it was a cute thing, till they found out the police were coming..they are under 9 :eek:

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Well you just have to stress that when they are responding to non urgent pranks somebody could lose their life while they are here, that is what I keep telling them at least.

clarebear
11-26-2005, 07:57 PM
If he was a hunk then I wouldnt mind if he put hand cuffs on me! LOL

seriously though, my 2rd cousin did that as a baby and I can understand why a 5 year old does it.

I often worry about those numbers pressing them by mistake but I am so careful with my mobile phone.

I once read on the news that poilce were called to a house and they ran in on a couple doing what couples do and when they did it they knocked the phone on the floor!
I just bursted out laughing!!!!

.sarah
11-26-2005, 08:02 PM
by the way he was a total hunk.
Well then, you forgave them right? LOL

But seriously, I'm glad everyone's ok and that there wasn't really a reason to call. I agree with what Karen said, a letter of apology is a good idea!

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Well I had no makeup on so no I am still mad! My daughter is broken out really bad and her hair was dirty and oily, we were quite a pair.

clarebear
11-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Well I had no makeup on so no I am still mad! My daughter is broken out really bad and her hair was dirty and oily, we were quite a pair.

Maybe its a cry for help?

.sarah
11-26-2005, 08:12 PM
LOL aw man, too bad. Don't you HATE it when that happens? :p

clarebear
11-26-2005, 08:14 PM
LOL aw man, too bad. Don't you HATE it when that happens? :p

When a cop sees bad people all day I bet he thought you were the nicest looking person to see all day!.

.powerful
11-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Well that definitely wasn't the smarted thing to do but I'm sure they've learned their lesson. At least the officer was understanding about the whole ordeal.

NoahsMommy
11-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Oh no!! :o I would have been mortified as well!! Naw-tee kids!

Although, they DID get a hottie one to come to your door. ;)

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 08:44 PM
The funny thing is the friend that did this is the quietest kid you could ever meet and she has always shown she knows right from wrong, guess she just had a moment.

dukedogsmom
11-26-2005, 08:44 PM
I think a letter of apology would be nice. They could address it to that officer in care of the police station. When we get calls like that, the officer has to be pulled off the call they're on the way to so they can check out the unknown emergency. I think they're old enough to know better so I wonder why they did that?

caseysmom
11-26-2005, 08:48 PM
DDM, They are the type of kids to play around still not really teens yet, like singing and dancing or playing like they are doctors....I think it was all pretend that went to far, still they are old enough to know better.

kuhio98
11-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Welllll, doing stupid things is what 13 and 14 is all about. I think a letter of apology would be a considerate thing to do. Especially if they have learned their lesson and now understand that 911 is for emergencies only. Did the cop explain to them that he has to respond and nuisance calls like this could delay response to a "real" emergency?

slick
11-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Up here, if you dial "91" and hang up the cops will show up at your door. Kids will be kids but they need to understand that those cops could have better spent their time on something more serious. They will learn....

caseysmom
11-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Welllll, doing stupid things is what 13 and 14 is all about. I think a letter of apology would be a considerate thing to do. Especially if they have learned their lesson and now understand that 911 is for emergencies only. Did the cop explain to them that he has to respond and nuisance calls like this could delay response to a "real" emergency?

He didn't talk to them about it at all, I think he saw my face and figured they were in deep doodoo.