PDA

View Full Version : I hate the summertime because.....

Heather Wallace
03-31-2002, 02:32 PM
My cats where house cats up until 2 yrs ago when I moved to a house, before I used to stay in a flat. Now the cats go outside, which they enjoy.

The only thing is when the summertime comes we get some frogs in the garden and last year Max brought in a frog, obviously injured. But he tends to dumped them at my feet. I scream! LOL! It's the only thing I dislike about cats!

I also heard that if a cat brings something into the house that he has caught, he is giving you a present. It is a present I could be doing without LOL!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-31-2002, 02:44 PM
Love those two lazy boys. I have heard too that cats are bringing you a gift when they catch something. They think of you as 'Mom' and just want to share. With us it's the fall, and mice that insist on coming in at least once!:D

LoudLou
03-31-2002, 03:24 PM
I was told that said "Gift" is because they feel we can't hunt for food so they are helping us out.
However, the neighbors cat once left me a 6inch RAT gift on my driveway!!!!! I am TERRIFIED of wild Rats! Told my husband I would NOT come home until he disposed of the "Gift".:eek: ;)

Heather Wallace
03-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Yes I can understand that one LoudLou

tuxluvr
03-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I also read that it's a gift, and a very important one to the cat --- it's "what they do best"....so, while the gift isn't appetizing, it truly is "the thought that counts" :)