PDA

View Full Version : Our Spring Thaw Walk

ilovehounds
03-31-2002, 01:00 PM
Every year when the spring thaw comes Dad, Hannah and I go back to open the beaver dams so we don't get flooded out. This year I brought my camera along to take some shots. Its takes about two hours but I only posted a few pics ...lol..

Copper doesn't come with us because he is still alittle afraid of my dad and dad has to take a gun with us (wolves and bears) and Copper is really scared of dad when he's holding a gun :( Maybe by next year we can get him use to it.

The Spring Walk (http://www.geocities.com/the_hound_house/springthaw.html)

Former User
03-31-2002, 01:08 PM
:eek: :eek: GREAT pics as always! WOW!!! Have to go and check them again, if you don't mind ;)

Pam
03-31-2002, 01:16 PM
Your pictures are so professional looking and of amazing quality. They belong in a gallery somewhere! I just love them. What a photogenic pup Hannah is and she looks just like she is the subject of an oil painting in a rambling estate somewhere! Just terrific!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Great pictures. I don't blame Copper for being leery of guns. So many accidents happen with them. My whole family hunted except me. I am afraid of guns. To a dog with sensitive ears, the noise can be really frightening. Love that Hannah. She looks like she should be on the cover of a nature magazine.:)

Dixieland Dancer
03-31-2002, 02:11 PM
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL PICTURES! I love the one of DAD and HANNAH!

anna_66
03-31-2002, 05:54 PM
I agree, those are professional looking pictures! Hanna is Beautiful!

Crikit
03-31-2002, 09:20 PM
Great pics, love them like always:D

delidog
03-31-2002, 09:29 PM
angie,...it is always such a pleasure to see hannah and copper....and now dad too!!!! your pictures are just stunning1!!!!
keep it up!!! give them an extra cookie and a hug for deli and me!!!!;) :D :)

lizbud
04-01-2002, 08:36 AM
The pictures are breathtakingly beautiful. The
scenery & the subjects are really Great.I found
myself at the end of the pics, going MORE, I
want to see MORE. Excellent pictures, you really
should consider photography as a profession.
Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Liz.

aly
04-01-2002, 12:06 PM
Beautiful pics. I wish I could take them half as good as you. My poor animals don't have the best pictures of themselves, but I guess they don't mind too much ;) I agree that Hannah should be a model for a nature magazine.

ramanth
04-01-2002, 12:11 PM
What great pics! Looks like a nice trip. :)

I love walks in the woods.

Have you ever seen a wolf or bear on your hikes?

Cincy'sMom
04-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Not to echo what everyone has already saud, but you really do have excellent pictures. And your dogs are such beautiful subjects!!

ilovehounds
04-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Oh thanks for the complements guys, your all to kind.

The only animals I have seen on our walks are beavers (attachment) and birds, deer and little critters. I have never run into the wolves or bears on my walks but one day we all (the dogs and I) headed out to go for our run in the field and just as I turned the corner of our barn there was two wolves standing there staring at me. I rounded the dogs up into the barn and shut the door, I waited a couple min. and went around the corner again and they where still there staring I took a couple steps forward and they never turned to run so I did ...lol.. I got my dad and he got the gun to shoot into the air to scare them off, they were gone when we got out there. One day my dad was taking the truck back into the field (the one we go for our runs in everyday) to get some wood and just as he was coming through the gate a bear ran right in front of his truck. But bears travel like 40 miles a day so we haven't seen it since. They are out there, the wolves howl every night, but thank god I haven't run into them when Im back there on our run. I carry those horn things that you use at hockey games, if I run into one Im to blow that horn, it scares them away.

I'll get together some of my nature shots someday and share them with you. Im branching out, I started with dogs then to cats to nature, wildlife and just recently I started taking photos of my niece thats fun :D I love taking pics of dogs the best. Someday I hope to turn it into a full time job.