PDA

View Full Version : I wonder.....

catnapper
11-25-2005, 04:25 PM
How many people are admitted to psychiatric units after they spent hours trying to untangle Christmas lights only to realize they don't work!

I SWEAR they worked before I started the untangling process!

I was a woman on a mission to use those lights; I was NOT about to run to the store for a new set of lights among the droves of people... so I was going to untangle them or die!

The score stands:
lights, 1
Kim, 0

The question now is this: Do I have the emotional fortitude to go through a 300 light strand to find the burnt out bulb?

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Yep that's true another annoyance is not being able to work out which bulb has caused them to all go out:) :rolleyes: !

k9krazee
11-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Oh no, thats the worst part. Good luck!

jenluckenbach
11-25-2005, 04:32 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I know the frustration, but no longer decorate, so I think I will be spared my sanity this year. ;)

jackie
11-25-2005, 04:37 PM
OMG, I feel your pain.

Now I only buy the stands where the burnt out bulb is the ONLY one which goes out. I also plug the lights in before I untangle and as I dress the tree.

Happy Holidays everyone! Let the fun begin! :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh no..... poor you!!! :eek:
Guess I am the lucky one here this year: no untangling needed :) . Why?? My light chain broke down last year (the wires were all hot :eek: ). So, all I have to do is go to a shop and spend money on brand new lights!! Oh please, let me find a good set; like I said, I am ot expecting any untangling this year.... or.... is it "in your dreams, Lut!!" ??

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Of course you do. Kim!!! Have you found it yet???

caseysmom
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I think I am just going to put the netting lights on the bushes this year. Since we just paid so much to get the house painted I am afraid to hook those things on the rain gutters....I know it sounds silly but I can't help it :D

MariaM
11-25-2005, 06:01 PM
We have the ones where only one bulb goes out. They're not very pretty or anything, and our tree is really kind of ugly, but I love it anyway lol.

G535
11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
I gave up Christmas lights years ago, I decided they were not worth the risk with a cat likely to chew the wires. :)

moosmom
11-26-2005, 08:01 AM
If it looks too tangled, I just go out and buy new ones. They're cheap enough nowadays. Saves alot of aggravation, not to mention injuries from throwing things in the fit of rage. :p

Laura's Babies
11-26-2005, 08:21 AM
I am with G535, I gave up lights years ago. I now have a optical table top tree and that is all I use....Of coarse, I only use unbreakable stuff on my tree so I have a VERY pet friendly Christmas.