PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 with the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Department...

moosmom
11-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, I went back to the DMV to try and get my CT Driver's License today. It was pretty quiet, not too many people waiting. Since I had a "pass" from when the computers were down, I figured there wouldn't be any problem, since they already had my paperwork and $40 check.

WRONG!!! I waited an hour. I finally walked up to the counter and asked the guy how much longer it would be. Keep in my, people that arrived AFTER I did came and went. He said he wasn't sure.

I sat down and waited. About 15 minutes later, I walked back up to the counter and got a little "irate". This was AFTER 3 people got their licenses. I asked him what the hold up was, that they already had taken my check AND cashed it and I still didn't have my license. He said that was a "processing fee" and I still needed to pay another $66.00 for a 6 year license. I threw the "pass" on the counter and said it wasn't worth shit. He said, "you are more than welcome to take back your paperwork and leave and come back a 4th day and that it could take as long as 3 hours!!" I told him that I'd be more than happy to keep on driving on my Michigan driver's license and if I got stopped by the police for not having a CT driver's license, I'd blame it on the incompetence of the DMV. He looked at me and said, "Where's the incompetence?" "I'm looking at him!" I said. He got pissed and under his breath, said "Well then, you can wait a little while longer then."

After waiting an hour and 30 minutes, I FINALLY got my license. And to think I've gotta go back yet AGAIN in February to register my car!! UGH!!! :mad:

davidpizzica
11-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Note to the Connecticut motor vehicle dept.: Never underestimate the power of Donna!! Way to go. Good luck in february!

joycenalex
11-25-2005, 05:01 PM
donna, can you mail the forms in feb?

lizbud
11-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh man. :( Wouldn't they let you register your car when you
were there? What a hassle.

Nomilynn
11-26-2005, 12:48 AM
All I can say is that, working in customer service, when someone comes in and acts rude, loud and obnoxious I want to do everything in my power to be as unhelpful as possible. It's always better to be nice because it really does get you farther.

moosmom
11-26-2005, 07:57 AM
Naomi,

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but this was the THIRD trip I had made to get my license, so my length of patience was very short.

Lizbud,

Yeah, I could've registered my car the same day. But I'd also have to pay property taxes on the car as well, for 2005. I figured since my registration isn't due to expire in MI until February of 2006, I'd wait. At least I don't have to deal the imbecile at the licensing desk.

Laura's Babies
11-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Don't it really get under your skin how long you sit and wait for ANYTHING and when your turn comes, it only takes MINUTES!! :mad:

moosmom
11-26-2005, 10:35 AM
It took approximately 30 second for me to sign the contraption for my license, pose for my picture and another 2 minutes for the license to be ready. Geez!!