PDA

View Full Version : omg quill face

dab_20
11-25-2005, 03:08 PM
look at this poor dog!! my science teacher showed us this pic and goes 'what kind of dog is this?" can you figure out what kind of dog this is? *i know*

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/dogporc1-795900.jpg
OUch looks painful :(

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Shock Horror, why are there those quills in the dogs face???????

poofy
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
That poor baby did she show you the after pictures, I saw them on line some where..I felt so sorry for the poor thing.. :(

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Looks like a bull terrier underneath all of those quills, still shocked by the fact that they are there

Husky_mom
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
definately a bull terrier, poor baby, so painful situation :(

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, that photo has been online for awhile, now...I can't remember her name, though...there have been a few threads in here about her. She attacked and killed a porcupine that got in her yard. The after pictures are crazy, but, I, too, can't remember where they are on the internet.

I think her name's like Diva or Zena or something like that...hmmm...

dab_20
11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
its a pit bull. nope, i didnt see the after pics. i will have to look again...
EDIT** now that i look more, it is a bull terrier. my science teacher was wrong!

She attacked and killed a porkepine. Her name is Inca.

luvofallhorses
11-25-2005, 03:18 PM
that pictures gives me the chills everytime! the poor dog. :(

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Her name is Inca.

That's right! I knew it was two syllables and ended with an 'a.' :)

Jessika
11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
its a pit bull. nope, i didnt see the after pics. i will have to look again...
EDIT** now that i look more, it is a bull terrier. my science teacher was wrong!

She attacked and killed a porkepine. Her name is Inca.

Yeah I heard it was a Pit too but the closer I look the more it looks to be a Bull Terrier instead :)

dab_20
11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
yah weird.

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah I heard it was a Pit too but the closer I look the more it looks to be a Bull Terrier instead :)

That's weird...I must have only looked at the site that was right, because I never heard that someone thought she was a pit. The story's been mixed up in emails and on some sites, but, there's a site that sortof puts rumors or false emails to bed, and, tells the truth behind the stories and pictures and stuff...it's in Pet Talk somewhere, can't remember where though. But, I think that's the only place I really looked at the story. :)

Giselle
11-25-2005, 03:33 PM
It's called snopes.com ;)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

Glacier
11-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I hate porcupines. We've had several run ins with them! Muskwa almost lost an eye a couple years ago and needed surgery 3 weeks later on his ankle...a broken quill had migrated under the skin and got trapped in his ankle joint causing all sorts of problems. Kayleigh has serious porcupine issues, although she's been quill free for two years now. She just can't control her prey drive long enough to remember that those things hurt!

My neighbor had one come right through his yard this fall. His dog ended up full of quills when Zorro tried to go into his own doghouse, which the porcupine apparently thought was his!

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 03:38 PM
It's called snopes.com ;)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

yeah, i had just found it. :)

Jessika
11-25-2005, 03:43 PM
That's weird...I must have only looked at the site that was right, because I never heard that someone thought she was a pit. The story's been mixed up in emails and on some sites, but, there's a site that sortof puts rumors or false emails to bed, and, tells the truth behind the stories and pictures and stuff...it's in Pet Talk somewhere, can't remember where though. But, I think that's the only place I really looked at the story. :)

Yeah LOTS of people and sites have said it was a Pit. O_o Then again people mistake all types of dogs as Pits, some of which look nothing like a Pit lol. And one covered in porcupines is even harder to tell ;) I'll bet they thought, "Oh well the only dog that's vicious enough to do something like that to a 'poor, defenseless' porcupine is a Pit". :(

dab_20
11-25-2005, 05:31 PM
porcupines are evil!! LOL j/k. if you really know dog breeds you can tell its a bull terrier because on another side pic you can see the head is shaped like a bull terrier.

Toby's my baby
11-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Poor dog!!! :( Lol, that is in a weird way, kinda cute. . :o :rolleyes:

dab_20
11-25-2005, 07:09 PM
lol yah. he's like sayin' "Get these things outta me!"

Karen
11-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Poor Inca - hopefully she won't do that again! Yikes!

tz1
11-25-2005, 07:22 PM
that was pretty graphic..poor dog :(

Addie
11-25-2005, 07:57 PM
poor dog...but i was typing pitbull on google and her picture came up...side view too...scary

dab_20
11-25-2005, 08:13 PM
yep thats how i found the pic.

Vette
11-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Someone posted that here on Pet Talk a while back,, and i was just as much of in shock as you are. LOL

and as somone mentioned.. it looks like Bull Terrier.

Suki Wingy
11-25-2005, 09:09 PM
that is a bull terrier. curriosity killed the bully :p

dab_20
11-25-2005, 10:04 PM
lol

Oh Wargod
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I was browsing the internet and came across this thread. I actually know the Bull Terrier that is in the pictures. Her name is indeed Inca and she is my Bullies' "auntie". This was not the first time that she has tangled with a porqupine and I bet it wont be the last. She has made a full recovery and is up to no good once again!

I believe that Snopes.com may refer to her breed as a pit bull and I know that lots of other places the pictures have shown up refer to her as a pit bull, but she is a purebred Bull Terrier and really very sweet (dumb, but sweet).

My Bullie is named Dodger and he was born deaf, but he hasnt let that stop him!

Bull Terriers are GREAT dogs (again, not bright, but great dogs) in the right environment. They do not do well if left alone, they get lonely and start eating the household goods (like couches and silly things like that). But really, most dogs should never be left alone, right?

dab_20
12-09-2005, 07:54 AM
well i am glad she's better. :) yes, really no dog should be left alone for too long.

i had never seen a bull terrier until the other day i was waiting for my mom after a movie with my friends and someone walked by with an adult bull terrier and a puppy. the puppy was sooo cute!! lol but so are all puppies.

Suki Wingy
12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
who looks at that rounded face and thinks pit bull! :confused: It is clearly tall and rounded, You think after the Target Dog bull terrier people would be able to recognize it!

Oh Wargod
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Not really all that surprising. People are terribly ignorant at the best of times and when politicians and the media whip them into a frightened frenzy they get even stupider (hard to belive but it is true). I get pretty pissed when I take my little sweetie out for a trot 'cause most people run away from us, I am not sure whether they are scared of him or me (big stick and all). I have started wearing a santa hat with a bell for my touque and you would think that would make us look a little less scary, but not so you'd notice. I wouldnt mind so much but The Guinness takes it personally and feels really bad when it happens. What those chickens dont know is that he loves them right from the moment he sees them and he will watch them carefully until they are out of sight to ensure nothing bad happens to them. Boy are they missing out on something by being scared.

I have been reading stories on the Internet in the last couple of days about dog rescues and boy does it make my blood boil!!!! There are a lot of people out there that really need to smarten up, the way they treat animals is appalling. Top of the evolutionary pile, my ass!

Suki Wingy
12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
yeah I know! My mom's good friend now has to have an insane ammout of insurance on her rottie that is the sweetest thing in the world! We were almost going to take in the neighbor's rottie, and everyone was scared that we were letting a "monster" into our house. What ever happened to "Good Dog Carl"??

dab_20
12-13-2005, 04:38 PM
lol Oh Wargod.... i didnt really get that :confused: