PDA

View Full Version : What happened to baby stuff???

moosmom
11-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I was watching the Entertainment Tonight. You'll never GUESS what Tom Cruise and Katie Whats-her-face bought. A crib?? Noooooo. A stroller?? Nooooo.

A sonogram machine!!!!! $200,000 for a freaking sonogram machine so they can monitor their baby's progress "closely". PUHLEEEEZE!!!

Okay, so they're going to donate the damn thing after the kid is born. But GEEZ!!!! :p:p

I am SO tired of hearing about them and how stupid Tom Cruise is acting. Like they're the only Hollywood couple having a kid. Gimme a break!! :rolleyes:

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Gawd! whats the difference between one that expensive and a normal one anyway???

CagneyDog
11-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Omg. Thats nuts :rolleyes: What a waste of money....but when you have that must I guess it doesn't really matter.

jackie
11-25-2005, 03:05 PM
If I had the bazillions they have, I would probably want the best too, but a SONOGRAM machine is a bit over the top! LOL

Did you hear that she is planning on a "silent" birth, where she can make no noise as the baby is being born, so it comes into a peaceful place. OMG. :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
11-25-2005, 03:20 PM
THAT i wanna see!!! lets see how silent can she be!! ;)

Karen
11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
The "silent birth" is the Scientology way, not her own idea.

I don;t care if they bought a sonogram, and think that it is nice that they will donate it to someplace that needs it. Why criticize them for that?

The only annoying thing is that this is considered "news."

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Did you hear that she is planning on a "silent" birth, where she can make no noise as the baby is being born, so it comes into a peaceful place. OMG. :rolleyes:
Is that where they have the baby underwater so it makes a peaceful entrance? :eek:

jackie
11-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Not, not in a birthing pool, normal room, she just has to remain completely quiet.

My cousin tried to have her baby in a birthing pool set up in her living room. She lasted 20 minutes before she was out of that pool and on her way to the hospital, LOL.

gini
11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Look at it this way - at least they have taken over the media and we don't have to read, watch or listen about Michael Jackson!

Wouldn't it be great if we had the "ignore" button to use on our tv's, newspapers etc. Then we could just block them out.

They ARE giving the sonogram to a hospital........and I think that does need to be applauded.

I wish them a healthy, happy baby - but I bet it won't be "silent" when it is born!! :D :D

clarebear
11-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Look at it this way - at least they have taken over the media and we don't have to read, watch or listen about Michael Jackson!

I 2rd that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you tell I hate him? :D

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 05:21 PM
I don;t care if they bought a sonogram, and think that it is nice that they will donate it to someplace that needs it. Why criticize them for that?

The only annoying thing is that this is considered "news."

I agree 100%. $200,000 isn't much when you have the kind of money they do. And, if they want it, go for it.

Wouldn't it be great if we had the "ignore" button to use on our tv's, newspapers etc. Then we could just block them out.

So true. Ha ha, but, actually...you do sort of have an ignore button. I didn't even know they were expecting. ;) The ignore button I use is absolute, I just simply don't watch anything that would tell me about that kind of junk. Tom Cruise has just become someone I'm not interested in, and, I'm super glad that they're happy, but, completely uninterested in them at all. Not quite sure what it is about them that bothers me, but, there's something. So, I just don't turn on the news. :)

CathyBogart
11-26-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm so glad I don't have a TV. So what if he bought a sonogram machine? Is it pointless? Maybe, but so are my breyer horses....they make me happy. If being able to watch the baby every moment up until its birth makes them happy, great!

Who cares how she wants to have the baby either, as long as no harm comes to either of them?! Some people choose not to breastfeed, some people choose to have their babies at home rather than in a hospital, and apparently some people try not to make any noise as their baby is born. It doesn't make any difference in my life, so I see no reason to make a fuss over it. Everyone has to do what they feel is best for them and theirs.

Lady's Human
11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I just wish the news was news with 4-5 min of entertainment crap tacked on at the end, instead of 20 minutes of entertainment with a little hard news tacked on at the end. (If they can find room between the overblown weather forecasts and the sports)

I haven't watched CNN, FoxNews, Headline News, MSNCB, et. al since I left a position in the military where I HAD to watch it. Every once in a while if I already know there's something of real importance going on I'll tune in to one of the cable news channels to see if they've got anything about it. Yellow journalism used to belong to the tabloid newspapers, now it seems most news outlets practice it.

gini
11-26-2005, 12:07 PM
I now watch the news with what I call the 1/2 minute test.

If within the first 30 seconds of news, if they don't launch into something really newsworthy - then I can assume it is just a regular newsday and it will be mostly garbage and plugs for that networks other shows.

Car chases seem to be big here in California and if there is one - they will stay on top of that for hours - cancelling all of the other programing.

Randi
11-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I reckon they could get a decent one for $200 - just think how many kitties could be saved for the leftovers!

Anyway, what else is news in the USA! :rolleyes: Isn't it amazing what crap they'll send on TV if nothing exiting has happened! It's the same here.

Van10
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
A "silent" birth, haaaaaaahhhhaa! Ya right!!!! :rolleyes: