PDA

View Full Version : Sleet, dark and windy - uhh!!

Randi
11-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Outside, it's the temperature of inside my fridge, so I thought I'd give Pjevs in the yard an extra helping - have done it a lot recently. ;) Fister wanted to come along and I'm thinking, OK, he will come back in immediately, when he sees what the weather is like. It's now been 10 min.!! and he's still walking around checking everything. :rolleyes: Oh well, when he does decide to come up, he'll busy the rest of the evening washing all the mud off. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Fister, you silly boy!!! Come in out of the cold!
Sounds like it's not a time to be lolly gagging around out there. Get inside and let your meowmy warm you up with lots of cuddles! You can explore in the spring! :D

catnapper
11-25-2005, 02:42 PM
LOLOLOLOL.... cats always think they're missing something and are NOT about to admit there was nothing to miss, so they spend their time pretending to be checking things out to save face! :D :D :D

catmandu
11-25-2005, 03:00 PM
It was so cold and windy last night that Nugget came in out of the cold for the night,and curled up,on the Big Register downstairs!
Poor Cat out in a night like that!

momcat
11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a bad weather situation for outdoor kitties as well as all the poor ferals and strays. Maybe Fister was checking for other kitties seeking shelter under bushes or other hidey spots. I hope you came inside before you got a frosty nose and frosty toes, Fister

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Fister, I hope you are back inside tucked up all warm and cozy by now!!! :D

jackie
11-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Fister has a lovely fur coat to keep him warm!

Oliver loves it when it is colder out, he is always much more active and playful. I suppose it is because "cold" here is about 15 degrees. Maybe he won't like the real cold when we all move to Canada! lol

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Fister, you sound just like me Inka, who keeps begging to be let outside to play on the lawn. When I tell her:"Nut it is freezing cold and snowing!!", she just looks at me with that "melt-mommy-look" and gives me the poorest meow she has... . Maya is better in this: as soon as she feels the slightest wind, she turns around and rushes back inside!!
Go go, Fister, go back indoors with your meowmy, so she can warm up her ice-cold feet :)

Randi
11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Jackie, yes, 15 degrees isn't bad. My fridge is 4 degrees.

LOL! He lasted 1/2 an hour out there, but I was down 4 times before he came in - his tail a bit bigger. :D

As I suspected, he's been busy washing himself and is now taking a nap - didn't disturp me during the film I saw. :)

Pjevs has been inside his house most the time today. I worry a bit about him getting cold, but he is used to the outdoor life. However, I wonder if cats freeze more in their old age, like older people usually do. :confused:

Barbara
11-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Cats don't age as quickly as we do so I hope Pjevs is fine. And Fister? Maybe he met the Scandinavian wolfs outside and gave them a scare ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Aww, how sweet! Half an hour outside, Fister? You are such a macho orange boy! A bit of cold doesn't scare you, does it? :D