PDA

View Full Version : Netball, anyone???

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Does anyone else on here play, played or ever heard of netball? I'm asking because i've played for 3 years for my school and i really enjoy it, i am the goal shooter. Do they have it in the USA? They probably do, but i would love to know!:)

sammy101
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
They have it in Canada!I was on a team for my school. I really enjoyed it! :) I dont think they have it here in the U.S,atleast they dont have a team for my school. I havent played it in 4 years

Miss Z
11-25-2005, 04:06 PM
oh, cool! for those who don't know what it is, it's kinda like basketball. it's a sport only for girls and you have 7 players on a team:

a goal keeper
goal defence
wing defence
centre
wing attack
goal attack
and goal shooter (me!)
Basically, each player can only go in a specific part of the court. You have to pass the ball to each other and goal attack or goal shooter can score a goal. Unlike basketball, you cannot move with or bounce the ball. It's a really good game, i love it! My school team has been doing fairly well recently drew 7-7 at our last match and won 15-6 at the one before. I'm in a netball tournamant tomorrow and i'm really looking forward to it!!!:D

Toby's my baby
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
We dont have it here, I have never even heard of it! Could someone expain?

-edit- sorry didnt read prev. post :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Good luck with your netball tournament tomorrow! It's a great game. Please let us know how you get on. :D

G535
11-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Netball is very popular here in Australia too.

Almita
11-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't think they have it in the US becuase i have enever heard of it.

carole
11-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Yep we play it here in NZ too, infact as a young girl I played it myself, in my day it was called Basketball, and I used to play Wing Attack, which was my fav position or Wing defence, I was pretty much useless at any other position but good at both of those, I really enjoyed it.

Miss Z
11-26-2005, 05:59 AM
Good luck with your netball tournament tomorrow! It's a great game. Please let us know how you get on. :D

Thanks for the luck wish!:) OK, here are the scores:

1st match: 6-2, Loss
I was goal shooter in this one and managed to get 1 goal. We played well but the cold got to us a bit. Also, my hand is in a bandage after cutting it on glass earlier this week, so i couldn't defend quite so well. Oh well.

2nd match: 12-0, Loss
Ok, we had no chance against this team. They were brilliant! I was off for the first half and goal shooter for the second. It got everyone down a bit, but then....

3rd match: 7-6, Win!!!
Yay! I was goal keeper for this one, which i was a bit worried about because of my hand, but i was alright.

4th match: 5-3, Loss
Another loss, but i was off for this one. I think that it was the best that our team has played for a while. The teams were fairly evenly matched.

All in all, it was a good day. I'm not sure exactly where we came, but i thin we were about 9th-14th out of about 20 teams:)

Killearn Kitties
11-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Glad you had a good day. You got a win too! Well done! :D