PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to make your own t-shirt?

MariaM
11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Isn't it possible to print images off your computer and then iron them on to a t-shirt? Does anybody know the right way to do this? Like what kind of paper you need? Thanks :)

jackie
11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
You can buy inkjet iron-on transfers. Google them and a list will pop up where you can buy them, or if you want to be super crafty you can just print out a picture, and paint over it with acrylic paints QUICKLY and before the paint dries, you press it on the the shirt. You will get a reverse image (like a mirror) and you can add on more paint until it is perfected! then to set the paint once it is dry, lay an old towel over the shirt and iron for 3 or 4 minutes, the paint will then be set permenantly.

Post pics of your finished work, I love seeing other peoples designs!

poofy
11-24-2005, 07:09 PM
You can also buy transfer paper for your computer printer and put any thing you want on it and iron on to your t shirt, i do it all the time for pillow caase and throws and t shirts..makes great family gifts on pillows n pillow cases..my grandaughter made a small hangiing quilt for her grandfather doing that..its a fun thing to do..you just print and iron on..the dark colors are done a bit different, read the instrustions real carefull..have fun..I buy the paper at walmat..

jackie
11-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Are those the inkjet iron-on transfers?

I have never used them, and I am interested to know how they hold up in the wash? Any peeling or cracking? I am flying to Canada in two weeks and I just might buy some to bring back here with me.

MariaM
11-24-2005, 07:17 PM
:o Ok, thanks. How much does the paper cost? Does anyone know any other ideas I can do, I really want to do some personalized things for Christmas. I'm looking on eBay right now but it seems a bit of a rip-off on some things.

poofy
11-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Are those the inkjet iron-on transfers?

I have never used them, and I am interested to know how they hold up in the wash? Any peeling or cracking? I am flying to Canada in two weeks and I just might buy some to bring back here with me.

When you wash turn then inside out..I never dryed mine in the dryer, but my friend does the pillowcases i gave her they do fine..and yes its the injet iron trasfers, I also use fabric crayons, and the kids and i have colored pictures and ironed them on..it can be washed but dry in dryer..lol..lots of ideas to work with and things you do with them,.. :D

catnapper
11-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Don't buy a cheap iron-on paper -- I bought one last year, and bought the most affordable one and it peels after I followed all the directions to the letter. I'd check online for reviews of which one works best.

Suki Wingy
11-25-2005, 07:12 PM
www.cafepress.com , you can make your own free shops and order your designs on t-shirts. I did it, it is great!

koxka
11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Jackie, you can find transfer paper here, in Spain. I use the brand APLI ,guess you can find too the main international brands like HP,etc... :) APLI (http://www.apli.com/)

You can download useful software too in its site ( also in english)