PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going shopping tomorrow?

Toby's my baby
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I was just curious to see how many of you were going shopping tomorrow (black friday)....?

My mom, sister, and I are going shopping tomorrow morning, hopefully we can find some good stuff!

Laura's Babies
11-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I HATE CROWDS! (don't really care for shopping either!) Tomorrow, I am joinging my ex at my sons house for Thanksgiving dinner.... His wife had to work today so they are doing it tomorrow.

Muddy4paws
11-24-2005, 04:03 PM
whats black friday? :confused:

Mutt_Maniac
11-24-2005, 05:08 PM
black friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving day. It is called "Black Friday" because it either makes or breaks the stores. Meaning: On that day, they will usually get all the money they will make for the year. It is also the buisiest shopping day of the year and there are MAJOR sales!

lisalee
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I'll be going to a few smaller scale stores, ones that I doubt will be too busy. I won't be going to the malls or Walmart though, no thanks. Have fun though!

MariaM
11-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Haha, I think so. Only here, Thanksgiving is much earlier, and they just call it "Midnight Madness". It only happens at the mall though, and I think they switched it to "Moonlight Madness" because it used to mean the stores were open until 12, but not it's only 11 I think. I'm not sure if we have THAT many sales, but who knows. Hopefully I'll get some Christmas presents - I just wish it was a little later on, like in December, because I like going to it with my friend, but I just can't stand waiting so long to give the gifts to people. :p
Funny how they have it on the same day, even though we don't have the Thanksgiving, nor have I ever heard it being called "black friday".

jackie
11-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I have never heard the expression Black Friday either, but I love any reason to shop!

Felix
11-24-2005, 06:24 PM
I also never heard of black friday.Since our thanksgiving is in October,I would like to join you with your friday shopping...So OK I will go shopping tomorrow. :D I will just tell my man that its tradition in USA and that I need to go shopping out of respect;) Hehehe any excuse will do for me :p

neko1
11-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Yes! It's become kinda a family (well my mother and I anyway) tradition! My niece is up so we are taking her too! Hope to hit some good sales and buy myself some newly-single-girl clothes :p

k9krazee
11-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I Love Love Love shopping the day after Thanksgiving, its just so intense!! Yup, my dad, brother and I are heading out early tomorrow hoping to find some good deals :D

Toby's my baby
11-24-2005, 06:29 PM
I also never heard of black friday.Since our thanksgiving is in October,I would like to join you with your friday shopping...So OK I will go shopping tomorrow. :D I will just tell my man that its tradition in USA and that I need to go shopping out of respect;) Hehehe any excuse will do for me :p

LOL, good idea!

Actually, I have never heard the term "black friday" before either, untill yesterday. :o I dont know. . . :p

dukedogsmom
11-24-2005, 06:32 PM
I usually love to that day but I'll have been up all night and will need to get home and get some sleep. It's so much fun, though! I hope you all get good parking spaces tomorrow. Good luck! I went shopping last night, though.

Alysser
11-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I am! I ahve to get something for my dad and sister. I already got something for my mom. I have to get soemthing for the dog and the bird. Also, the fish! Maybe :)

christa
11-24-2005, 08:38 PM
I am going to try to get out of here at 5 a.m. There's a few things I need from Sears and then I'm heading to Value City and then the mall. I'm sure the mall will be insane, but it's a yearly tradition. I get out and shop all morning while hubby sleeps. :D

sammy101
11-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Nope. We have to go to the airport tomorrow to pick up my dad.Were having thanksgiving tomorrow so i'll be cooking all day! :) We may go to a few stores in our neighborhood though.

cali
11-24-2005, 09:19 PM
lol I have never heard of black friday, but we also had thanksgiving back in october and its not even a remotly big deal, thankgiving is simpley the day that everyone eats turkey on lol the big shopping day here is boxing day, and thats december 26th, that is the day that everyone is lined up in front of stores by 5am, and most stores have to have people gaurding the eneterence and only allowing a few people in at a time, and their is a time limit lol

CathyBogart
11-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Please, give us retailers a break! -_- Black Friday is always hellish, so the more people who stay home and relax the better for us. :)

I HATE HATE HATE noisy kids, and I'm not fond of crowds either, so tomorrow's going to be miserable.

cyber-sibes
11-24-2005, 09:28 PM
NNNOOOOOOO i'm not going shopping tomorrow - are you kidding? I hate crowds. However, I work in a store at the mall and I will be working tomorrow till 10 pm! :(

PS - black friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving day. It is called "Black Friday" because it either makes or breaks the stores. Meaning: On that day, they will usually get all the money they will make for the year. It is also the buisiest shopping day of the year and there are MAJOR sales! Black Friday is the day the stores go from being "in the red", meaning they are losing money, to being "in the black", which means they are making money. It's a thing in accounting.

Cincy'sMom
11-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Ralph and I got up just before 6am, went to Sears and bought a TV for the basement, were home by 7, crawled back in bed, and I up getting up now! Not sure I will will brave it again later or not, but if I do, I'll wait for the evening specials...the 7-10pm or so, when many shoppers have gone home :)

catnapper
11-25-2005, 10:19 AM
My goodness NO! I worked retail for too many years to know I HATE being in that crowd!

I have to go to the bank today and I'm dreading the drive because its just down the street from a shopping center.... traffic by the malkls today is awful!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2005, 10:22 AM
This doesn't exist here :( .
I voted YES, because we need groceries for the weekend :D

joanofark
11-25-2005, 01:50 PM
We just got back and it was craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy! :eek:

PJ's Mom
11-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Not me. I slept until 10:30. :D

moosmom
11-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, I SAID I wasn't going anywhere NEAR a store on Black Friday. But I was bored and decided to go lookin for a futon. So, yeah, I guess I did.

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Too crowded for me! I'm not going shopping today!!;)

finn's mom
11-25-2005, 04:06 PM
That's a huge no for me. I don't mind crowds, but, shopping crowds are awful. People just get really ugly this time of year in situations like that. :) I would if my mother asked me to go with her, or someone else that I loved being with...but, other than that, I wouldn't go. :)

Toby's my baby
11-25-2005, 04:48 PM
I just got home and I had a blast!! My mom is done christmas shopping, except for me and my sisters presents! My mom even bought a present for herself, but me and my sister helped pay for it as a Christmas present for her, because thats what she asked for. :)
Her's what she bought....
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/BPhilipp/Other/kenwood.jpg

-edit- in case you dont know, it is a cd player for her car, she gets free installation when she gets back from Florida next week. :D

MariaM
11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm hopefully going in about an hour and a half. :)

anna_66
11-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I did shop but I didn't go out. I did all my shopping online:D They had MOST of the big sales the stores had so I figured why worry about getting up at 4am:p

sandragonfly
11-26-2005, 02:13 PM
just like finn's mom.. don't mind being in crowds but people can be so pushy and rude.. especially on veteran's day, black friday.. :eek:

but if friends/relatives asked me to, for fun, I would go.. unforunately I was (still am) very sick to get out of bed anyway. so they didn't asked or I declined. :(

Uabassoon
11-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I wasn't planning on going shopping. But I was bored last night and went to Target at around 9. It was nice, I didn't find it very crowded at all. I'm glad I went because I've been needing a new DVD player for a while and I found one for $30 :)