PDA

View Full Version : Who've thunk it?!

slleipnir
11-24-2005, 02:13 PM
(edit)Sorry, you'd have to know about Josie's aggression for this to make sense lol(/edit)

http://www.tainted-sky.net/josiefiles/day1.jpg
http://www.tainted-sky.net/josiefiles/Picture_001.jpg

Yes..that is JOSIE with another dog o_O

Josie actually tried to get this dog to play!! Harley is the perfect dog to start training with Josie. Harley is a very stand-offish type of dog, so Josie didn't feel threatened at all. I honestly don't remember the last time Josie wanted to play with another dog. Josie even let me pat and give treats to Harley.

Harley's owner is a friend from flyball..she has a staffie mix and a chiu..er..I can't spell it haha. Anyway, Harley isn't the type to go running up to another dog. We thought we'd work with her and Josie (in Sarah's yard) and see if we can get them to play..:) Then, another member of my flyball team will bring her dog over. She is much bigger and more out-going. Her owner can read her REALLY good though, so we can tell if there would be a problem.

Instead of training Josie with corrections (No! That's bad, don't attack that dog!) we're trying to show her dogs are good. Josie gets a "jackpot" of special human food she LOVES if she is nice. She got lots of ham today for being so good with Harley! I want her to see dogs=food! yum!

No more pinch or negative for her.

sammy101
11-24-2005, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=slleipnir]Harley's owner is a friend from flyball..she has a staffie mix and a chiu..er..I can't spell it haha.[QUOTE]
a chihuahua? :p

yay for Josie!I'm so happy for you and Josie.I hope she gets much better! :)

tz1
11-24-2005, 02:23 PM
they look very content and happy together :)

slleipnir
11-24-2005, 02:32 PM
a chihuahua? :p
That's it! I can never remember how to spell it lol

Husky_mom
11-24-2005, 02:35 PM
just look where i´m from........ ;)

great to see the improvement, and its great for Josie

Toby's my baby
11-24-2005, 03:07 PM
That is great!! Good job Josie!! Thank Harley! ;)

cloverfdx
11-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Woohoo way to go Josie girl :D, that is wonderful Audrey. You must be one proud Mama.

Josie is a lovely girl and Harley, what a lil cutie. Keep up the great work..

poofy
11-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh that is great..she will so enjoy it ..wonderful :D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Yay, Josie!!!
Good girl!
Congratulations on a job well done, Audrey.

slleipnir
11-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm proud of her, but I've never seen her pick a fight with a smaller dog either. I'm most so proud of the fact that she wanted Harley to play. She looked so happy!

Sarah really knows her stuff, I don't know what I'd do without her help ;) I tried to get her to join...but the farthest I got was getting her to sign up lol

Ginger's Mom
11-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Congratulations Josie. They really are great pictures, because she has such a happy, puppyish look on her face. Not at all aggressive or on edge. Good work Josie, Harley, Audrey and Sarah. :)

Corinna
11-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Way to go Josie. Harly what a special pup. Glad you found another positive stragey. I'm praying it goes well. Glad too you have some one that is willing to help out what a great person.

dukedogsmom
11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
That is great! She looks really happy in the pics, too. I hope they can have fun together and she will learn to open up to other dogs.

Karen
11-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Josie's smile in the second picture is just priceless! Good girl, Josie! See, doggies can be friends!

K9karen
11-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Good Job, Josie!Good Job Josie!
Could never get Cody to be with other dogs, and wasn't quite sure how Mz Logan would react since she barks at them all the time. I found she was much better getting acquainted on leash, then I unleash her and she's basically pretty good. She handles herself quite well, loves to chase and run. Lots of play growl but never any teeth. She seems to like "the boys" better although being "sniffed out" upsets her. She's a bit prudish. A dog park is being built around here, so I can't wait until spring! She takes on the 3 Rotties at our back fence. Lots of growling back and forth but all have their rear ends up in the air and Logan's is whipping away. The owner said one day he'll bring the "mother" over to play. She's the sweetest.

wolf_Q
11-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Way to go Josie! I'm glad she's doing better, what a good girl. :) Those pics are really cute.

Kfamr
11-26-2005, 03:24 PM
I know how important and special that must ahve been for you. Way to go girls.

One thing that I noticed right away was the fact that Josie is laying down next to the dog, and the dog is sitting up. Laying down is a more submissive position for a dog, which is a good thing in Josie's case!

What a good girl! :)

cocker_luva
11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
what cute friends