PDA

View Full Version : The Kitty Laundry Union (K.L.U.)

kilbarchancats
11-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Apawlogies to those who may have already read this, but it is impurrtant that all kitties, perhaps in need of advice and assistance, are made aware of the imminent formation of the KLU. It would seem that there is much, and regular, taking-for-granted happening in order for hoomins to pursue their goal of clean laundry! :eek: :eek:

Hey fellow pals, especially Samantha and Amy, we think that a formation of a Kitty Laundry Union is in order to protect us poor furkids from such intolerable conditions. We think it is bordering on the Dickensian, from the looks of our treatment - don't you agree??

Wouldn't it be good to band together to fight these issues. We mean, have you ever been hounded out of the washing machine, where you had been having a cool game of submarines, just because THEY needed clean clothes?

However we would not object on anyone's behalf to the lying-down-on-clothes-fresh-from-the-tumble-dryer, as we all know the warmth and cosy benefits to be gained from that.

membership would be free and we would, with the legal assistance of our comrade Groucho, purrsue any laundry related issues in Cat Court, that is those not capable of resolution across the table.

We'll need to sort out office bearers, meeting times etc. of course, but we think the KLU would be kept very, very busy!

Yours in furryhood

Max, Candy and Tom.
:D :D :D

catmandu
11-24-2005, 08:41 AM
The Found Cats would certainly join that Union.
Can we pay our dues in Animal Welfare Associatiom Mice?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos161.jpg
Or Whiskas Temptations!!!!!

Laura's Babies
11-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Amy is ready to join already! She is dreading hearing me crank up that machine as the pile of dirty clothes is growing. Giz said it is about time there was a union formed to protect their rights and limit their duties on wash days but she said they also need to write in something about the ironing too as I require mine to hold down the ironing board too and keep the ironed things in a neatly folded pile. They are walking in line yelling "Kitting! UNITE! STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS! WE NEED MORE NAPS!". Amy said she would be glad to help with the union as long as she can have a job that she can do laying down as it is to hard for her to stand up.

Felix
11-24-2005, 09:32 AM
On the contrary,I think it will be hard to pursway my Felix in joining this union.He loves laundry day.He sits on top of the washer waiting for it to stop,only because he likes looking at all the water and bubbles gushing out :rolleyes: He don't bother with the drying or ironing part,but he sure loves to help me put the cloths away.He gets right into it,the dresser drawers that is :rolleyes: Unless you can come up with a better way to get him on your side I think he's satisfied with his duties here.Not to mention all the treats he gets for his help ;)

Sincerely,Felix's Meowmie
:D :) :D

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Well, Felix's Meowmie, while I have no reason to doubt that you are a trustworthy person, we only have your word for it that Felix is satisfied with his duties. Really we should hear it from the cat's mouth, as it were. ;) Perhaps you are misinterpreting the thoughts running through his head. He may be sitting on that washing machine dreaming of early retirement!

For her part, Samantha would like a life membership. No more will she have to sleep on, oops, that's press daddy's trousers all day long

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p6cfbc3a9a5f1ba634f604436f90a32a2/f7bc5d67.jpg

we don't even give her time for a shower in the morning! She has to deal with her toilette "on the job".

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p250dce43271c2d4104eb4c9fed66c4d1/f7bc5d66.jpg

Instead, she will be able to slumber happily in the quilt while someone else deals with the laundry.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid159/p0a9ae54375b5925491b81c2988c933b7/f5030ce5.jpg

BLISS!

kilbarchancats
11-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Thank you comrades for your support and interest in our cause.

Firstly, can we clarify that lifetime membership is free to all kitties. I'm sure you all agree that it would be the most heinous of crimes to deny the Found Cats of their Whiskas Temptations, especially JJJ3. So no worries there guys.

Amy and Giz, we take on board what you say about the ironing matter and will ensure that your concerns are properly represented. We also will include - although we may be going off at a tangent here, but it is cloth-related - the issue of hoomins making the bed. We ask you, what is more purrfect and texturally varied to sleep on than an unmade bed?? We rest our case. Amy - Thanks for the offer of help, we will find you a varied and interesting, yet slumber-friendly post in the KLU office.

Samantha - we will fight tooth and claw to ensure you have decent sanitary breaks and sleepy time. You are soo cute in that quilt, we must say and it is important that you cosy in at this time of year. We do hear that snow has fallen in Killearn today.

As for Felix, well our dear boy we do appreciate that you may not have any laundry issues. After all:-

Clean and tidy clothes = clean and tidy hoomins = able to hold down a job = they can earn pennies = they can keep us in the style to which we are accustomed.......in other words we understand your reasoning behind the decision. But, as Samantha's meowmie helpfully pointed out we do need to hear it from your own sweet kitty mouth so just to be doubly sure, can you reiterate your stance on the matter?

That concludes the business of the KLU for today. Membership details and date and time of our first official meeting will be notified to all interested attendees and paw-tential new members.

Yours in furryhood,

Max, Candy and Tom