PDA

View Full Version : would this be considered mean?

buttercup132
11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
i was wondering cuz i really cant decide but would it be cruel to have a pet that died and get soemthing made out of its fur to keep as a memory sake thing? please dont get mad at me im not trying to start an argument im just simply wondering

Love4BCs
11-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do that.....

sammy101
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Personally i dont think i would do it.It would remind me too much of my pet that passed away.

CagneyDog
11-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Personally, I think that would be kind of weird.

Do you think it's mean? When i comes down to it, it doesn't really matter what we think about it. If that's what you want to do then do it. [I am assuming that you are talking about making something out of your past animal?]

Jessika
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't consider it cruel. I mean, people get their pets remains cremated you know?? Others have diamonds made out of their remains. Some have them stuffed. It's not something I would personally have done, but I wouldn't consider it "cruel".

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I had a scarf made out of Mandys fur. Of course she is still with me. I think it's a great way to keep a part of your furkid forever. Do you mean you have fur saved from a pet that died?

carole
11-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Personally it is not my thing, ;) whatever way you wish to remember your pet is up to you entirely.

Laura's Babies
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't think it is mean provided the pet died of something you couldn't do anything for. I personally know it would hurt me far to bad to do that but some people it may comfort. We each grieve in our own way and in our own time.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
I have to respond to this. I think that it is a personal decision and that if it helps you memorize your loved one, go for it. I personally have to comment and say, cremation in my mind is just about the same thing. Your pets go into a freezer, and then get stuck into a burner until they turn to ash. I would not do that, but ya know, thats just MY opinion. I think that it would have to be solely what YOU want for your animals. I want to get mine preserved in a casket until the time of my burial, and then get them buried in blankets being held in my arms, which would make me rest peacefully and in my heart, I know that they would want it that way too. I hope that you do what you want, and really think on this, because it is a forever decision.

Glacier
11-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I think we all grieve differently and whatever works for you is fine. Personally, I have my animals cremated. I have instructions in my will that when I die their ashes are to mixed with mine and scattered in a specific spot. I wear a small portion of Hoodoo's ashes in a pendant almost every day. Makes me feel better to wear so I don't really care how morbid some people think it is. I have a bit of Dominique & Twicket's fur in glass jars. I just happened to find the fur after they had passed on and couldn't bring myself to throw it away. Maybe someday I will. I keep their collars and all their tags on a dreamcatcher above my bed. There are momentos of them all over the house and yard.

areias
11-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I think it is up to person, I don't think it's wierd at all. It all depends upon your own feelings.

Now what I think is creepy is getting your pet stuffed...an old friend of mine went to a cavalier breeders house, and started petting one that was by the fire, and it didn't respond. Turns out the breeder had it stuffed and put it by the fireplace...that's a little wierd. But I guess it's all up to you, don't worry what other people think.

jackie
11-24-2005, 03:21 AM
It is not cruel or weird if you want something to remember your pet by.

poofy
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Each person decideds for them selfs..I wouldnt as I couldnt take it.. :D

Muddy4paws
11-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I think it wouldn't be mean, I know a maybe a year ago a lady was making scarfs and hats out of dog fur on PT but I wouldn't take it further than that like having an animal stuffed if thats what you meant?

I've always kepts my dogs collars especially my one dog when I was little, I was heartbroken and it let me keep a part of him, My mum still has her old dogs bed aswell she cant bring herself to throw it away so maybe keep a collar or a fave toy?