PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Petco opened near us!

dogzr#1
11-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Well a Petco finally opened near us. It is only around 20miles away. The closest one besides that one was a few hours away. Well I went there today, and I LOVED it. It had alot of good dog food, a nice staff, and all the animals where in exellent coniditions. They had a wider selection of supplies. I also like how they have this little place where you can pick out any treat you want. I bought a lot of different treats. It only cost $3.99 for 1LB of treats. I kept adding different treats until it finally equaled one pound. Well anyway I just wanted everyone to know that one opened near us:)

Laura's Babies
11-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Leave you credit card and check book at home when you go next time! Whoever thought of opening up those pet stores SURE knew what suckers we are over our pets! I spend more on my cats than I do on myself!

dogzr#1
11-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Yea, luckily since we had just done all our Christmas shopping we didn't have much money to spend. We still bought $30 worth of things.

moosmom
11-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I've gotta tell ya, there's a Petco not far from me in CT. I almost fell over when I went to buy cat litter. They were charging $16.99 for a 20 lb. bag of Feline Pine that I could easily get at the grocery store for $8.99 !! :eek: They also charged $.59 for a can of Nine-Lives that I could get at the grocery store for alot cheaper. They are WAY too expensive for me.

Jessika
11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I love PetCo! I'll be working there over Christmas while I'm visiting my parents. I LOVE their doggy treat bar!! The rawhide bar too but people always think its 3.99/pound when teh sign clearly says 3.99 per 1/4 pound.. :( And the treat bar at the one I worked at is only 2.99/pound :o

Alysser
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Petco has became a dislike for me after seeing the conditions of my fish! Who just needed a little clena water and some food. But I guess it's okay for now.

Jessika
11-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Petco has became a dislike for me after seeing the conditions of my fish! Who just needed a little clena water and some food. But I guess it's okay for now.

Yeah I've heard lots of bad things about both petco AND petsmart. But I know from working at my store that the managers take animal care VERY seriously. All of our animals are clean and healthy and cages are cleaned multiple times a week. It sucks, but its for the animals' health and happiness so its worth it :)

Alysser
11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Yes, Jessika. They do get better homes afterwards. But I still don't like the fact that my fish were in the state. The animalsin my store is usually well cared for. It just surprised me I guess

dogzr#1
11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
I really like the doggy treat bar too. Well believe it or not, most of the things were cheaper than other local pet stores. I agree, the emplyees and manager seemed really nice and concerned with the welfare of the animals. Well Petco is alot better than another local store, Petland, who sells puppies who are probably from BYB. Well I am just glad they have a pet store closer to home.