PDA

View Full Version : A very special Thursday-134! Aka Alice's Restaurant!!

RICHARD
11-23-2005, 12:53 PM
It's Thanksgiving here in the Bar and I want to invite everyone in to have a "drink" and share in a little cheer.

I'll get started on the Turkey and fixin's!

LOLOLOL,

Someone will have to take care of the yams/sweet potatoes.........They give me the willies!!!!

Come on Mario, Possum and Lady......Yes, You all can help...

I'll be back with the DOTD! :)

lbaker
11-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll take care of the sweet taters/yams. I have a special way of making them even non-yam eaters like them! Hi little Possum, hi Mario dear, you too little Lady! oh yeah.. hi Richard ;)

Kfamr
11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
My favorite day of the year! My birthday AND Thanksgiving.....
Only a few more years until I can taste the DOTD's legally. ;)

Hope everyone in the states has a nice Thanksgiving.

I'm interested in trying those 'special' yams of your's Laurie... Never liked them before but who knows. ;)

moosmom
11-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Make mine a double Raspberry Martini! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! RICHARD, I hope you're feeling better, now that you've come out of the closet. You DID hide in the closet when you were sick, right??

RICHARD
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
RICHARD, I hope you're feeling better, now that you've come out of the closet.

Actually, I spent alot of time in the restroom!! :eek:

-----------------------------------

MM,
Double rasp Martini?

Done!

Hi K!

Hi Laurie....

I don't do yams at all and I know someone would ask for some....

The DOTD? Mulled wine!

One bottle of red wine (suggestions: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot)
One peeled and sliced orange (keep peel to add zest to taste into cooking pot)
¼ cup of brandy
8-10 cloves
2/3 cup honey or sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp fresh or 2 tsp ground ginger (allspice can be substituted)
Serves 4-6
PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in either a large pot or a slow cooker. Gently warm the ingredients on low to medium heat (avoid boiling), for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure that the honey or sugar has completely dissolved.

When the wine is steaming and the ingredients have blended well it is ready to serve. Ladle into mugs (leaving seasonings behind) and enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------

zippy-kat
11-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Someone will have to take care of the yams/sweet potatoes.........They give me the willies!!!!

Must. Behave.
Will not mention anything about Richard's yams or willies....

Happy Thanksgiving, everbunny!

RedHedd
11-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Yams and willies? EWWW! :D Not a yam fan either. Smashed taters for me!

DOTD? It's too early for eggnog, so here I sit, sipping my Trader Joe's Wintry Blend spiced coffee-- YUMM! A topping of whipped cream is all that it needs.

Sunny & 70's here.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!!! :D

Food does not sound at all good to me right now.
I'll just sneak a limeade and 4 cnt's. :)

RICHARD
11-23-2005, 02:07 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!!! :D

Thank you MOFF...

Same back at ya!!

Hi Redd....

Whipped cream...DONE!

Hi Zipster....

Thanks for stopping by and behaving.... :p

----------------------------

I am thankful for another great Thursday with all my pals! :D

Corinna
11-23-2005, 02:13 PM
I just finished the cinnomon rolls for breakefast and sweet rolls to go with dinner. Homemade by hand no machine. My arms hurt
How a bout a small bit of that mulled wine.

catland
11-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Happy turkey day everyone. We're going over the mountains and through the woods to my sister-in-law's house in central Oregon. Her husband and I are kindrid spirits when it comes to eating the Thanksgiving feast. We believe in getting the turkey (mostly dark meat), dressing, and mashed potatoes on our plate before smothering the whole thing in gravy.

Of course, now I'm starting to hear that there might be snow in the mountains for our return trip home. :eek:

I'm not a big mulled wine fan, but a spanish coffee might go well with the invoicing that I have to do this afternoon before I leave work. :)

davidpizzica
11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
It looks like I'll have a white thanksgiving this year. I'll drive to my brother's house in old blue ( wish me luck!) I'm not a sweet potato & yam fan, but if they can be made for a non-yam fan I'll take them.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I've never had mulled wine before, but Terry likes his cider mulled, so maybe I'll try some - thanks barkeep, you always come up with the best most appropriate drinks for the seasons/occassions. :D

Yams made with a lot of brown sugar and butter are yummy, and even french fried yams are yummy. As a kid I wouldn't be caught dead eating something as silly sounding as a yam (Sam I yam), but I think I'm turning into a convert, and I'm sure Laurie's yams will be just the thing to put me over the edge. ;)

I'll probably have a new router waiting for me Monday when I get back to work - sometimes my boss is just so easy - so life is looking pretty good.....as long as the snow holds off until we get up to WI for turkey day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Don't eat too much, don't drink too much, drive careful and no matter how much your family gets on your nerves, appreciate and enjoy every minute of it! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
It looks like I'll have a white thanksgiving this year. I'll drive to my brother's house in old blue ( wish me luck!) I'm not a sweet potato & yam fan, but if they can be made for a non-yam fan I'll take them.
Let's see, old blue, snow, slick streets, traveling, Gosh, I sure wish you lots of luck!!! I hope your bro doesn't live too far away! ;)

You might call him before you leave. That way he can send a search party if you don't get there in a reasonable amount of time. :eek: :D

LoudLou
11-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Happy Turkey Day! I am thankful for a great many things... family, health... but most of all I am Thankful for the smiles y'all bring to my face when I come here and read "The Adventures That Happen Here at Thursday's" ... all of you are special Thank YOu!

... Oh and I'm thankful I'm not a turkey...
Turkey, Turkey
(Sung to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)

Turkey, Turkey look at you
Please be careful what you do.
Thanksgiving day is almost here.
We eat turkey every year.
Go and hide out in the woods.
We’ll eat pizza like we should.

RICHARD
11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
How a bout a small bit of that mulled wine.

How's about I say, DONE? :D

Hi Catland!!

say hi to Byron for us and be careful on the way up and down!

Cafe Esapnol? DONE!

Hi David.

Laurie will fix you up with the Non-yam fan yams! Say that fast three times!!!
Good luck and don't get stuck.......ANYWHERE!

T&P,

Good to see you up and about....I try to be timely and festive!!

Mulled wine? DONE!

Hi again MOFF,

I didn't see your order so let me get you a limeade and 4 CNTs!!!

----------------------

Mario is mad at me....He bit into a cranberry thinking it was a cherry..... :eek:

Possum and Lady are on "gravity patrol"........ ;)

davidpizzica
11-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Let's see, old blue, snow, slick streets, traveling, Gosh, I sure wish you lots of luck!!! I hope your bro doesn't live too far away! ;)

You might call him before you leave. That way he can send a search party if you don't get there in a reasonable amount of time. :eek: :D
Connie thank goodness he lives only about 5 miles away, but you're right I'll have slick streets and have to go up and down a couple of hills. Right now old blue is on life support!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Connie thank goodness he lives only about 5 miles away, but you're right I'll have slick streets and have to go up and down a couple of hills. Right now old blue is on life support!That's what I read. Be sure to call your bro when you get home and let him know you and old blue made it home safely. Don't want to worry anyone! :)
Have fun! :D

Lady's Human
11-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Mulled wine sounds great (Never had it before but I LOVE mulled cider)

Just one suggestion for this week.........

How 'bout we move from the bar to.....

Alice's Restaurant :D

and have a Thanksgiving dinner that just can't be beat?

RICHARD
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Mulled wine sounds great (Never had it before but I LOVE mulled cider)

Just one suggestion for this week.........

How 'bout we move from the bar to.....

Alice's Restaurant :D

and have a Thanksgiving dinner that just can't be beat?

DONE AND DONE!!!!!

davidpizzica
11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
That's what I read. Be sure to call your bro when you get home and let him know you and old blue made it home safely. Don't want to worry anyone! :)
Have fun! :D
Well, Connie I got lucky. Tonight, I have to go to church and sing in the choir, but my brother is picking me up. I'm glad because where I live is called Penn Hills and they don't call it that for nothing! It's hilly!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Who's Alice and where in the world is her restaurant, and Richard, how did you get the name of the thread to change?

Maybe it's a new feature with this new set up? I could never change them before. :D

Davie, glad you got a ride for tonight at least. No fun driving a car that's not feeling well in snow and ice and in the dark on hills!!! :eek:

Lady's Human
11-23-2005, 07:19 PM
MOFF,

Alice's Restaurant is a number by Arlo Guthrie. It's a Thanksgiving Classic (I'm surprised, MOFF, you're education is lacking....LOL The ACTUAL Alice's Restaurant was in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Here's a link to they Lyrics:

http://www.arlo.net/lyrics/alices.shtml

The Cheese straws are done, ready for munching, and the coffee and bailey's are all set.

gini
11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, aren't all of you guys busy busy busy? Mulled wine - mulled cider - and yams!!!

Laurie, let me stand behind you and watch you make those. I absolutely LOVE yams - not too fond of the marshmallow route - but love the brown sugar and butter with them.

Richard, I thought you said Possum and Lady were on the gravy patrol........smart pups! It makes their kibble so tasty!

Mario!!! Stop yanking the turkey out of the oven. Oh, someone, please explain roasting turkey to Mario!!! No, Mario, you aren't next in the oven, I promise you!!!

Debbie and Terry, Julie and Byron - Moff - Corinna and family - Richard -
Laurie - Slick - KayAnn - Davidp - Lady's Human - LoudLou - the behaving Zipster (I don't believe that for a minute)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

If the dinner doesn't turn out alright - ALICE'S HERE I COME!!

lbaker
11-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Well you can get anything you want
..at Alice's Restaurant.. except Alice

hmmm, sounds like Thursdays doesn't it :D

My sweet taters are cooked and mashed up nicely then mixed in with a bit of brown & white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of clove, then beaten again with some OJ, butter and egg yolks... don't run away yet... then gently fold in beaten egg whites and secret stuff. Bake in a buttered cassarole dish like a poofy thing (I can't spell souffle'). I sometimes add in raisens and sometimes some nutz on the top. Tastes more like a punkin' pie then a veggie dish. My kids used to like it topped with the mini marshmallows of course (so does Mario). :rolleyes: Don't knock it till you've tried it :D I don't "do" red wine but some mulled cider would work... I'll have to mull that over to decide :rolleyes: "Behaving Zipster" ~ isn't that a contradiction of terms?? :D

gini
11-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Could someone please wipe the drool off of my chin - I have Mario on one arm and mulled wine in the other hand - and Laurie's taters just about did me in! :D

slick
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
OMD....if I'm too tired to read this whole thread, how can Laurie still be up and awake??? :confused: I'm just going to grab a double BM, have my dinner and head off to bed. Yes, I have Alice's Restaurant on CD and play it frequently. Sweet dreams...see you in the morning. :)

lbaker
11-23-2005, 11:53 PM
I took a nap earlier :p Don't go to sleep yet, I'm about to call you!!!

slick
11-24-2005, 12:01 AM
I just tried to call you back and no one answering.... :confused: going to try again. Oh yeah, to make this legal...I'll take another BM to go...

slick
11-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Still no one answering.... :(

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Now that the turkey is stuffed and in the oven, I can safely sit down, have a cup of coffee (minus the baileys, still got cookin to do) do a crossword puzzle and wait for the 7 AM explosion (aka daughter getting out of bed).

Okay, there's pumpkin and apple pie on the bar, everyone feel free to dig in !

trayi52
11-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi everybody! Just got up early and made two pumpkin pies. I am now working on making the ham. My youngest daughter don't like turkey and must have ham! So ham it is for her. So if anybody wants some ham, it's here and so is the pumpkin pie. We also have to have turkey! My oldest daughter is cooking the turkey this year, thank god! Don't worry, Mario will get his share of the Thanksgiving dinner! He always does!

I'll just take a cup of hot coffee this morning.

David, I'm glad you don't have to drive old blue to your brothers house, you just might get stranded in the snow.

I want to wish eveybody a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Willie :)

davidpizzica
11-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi everybody! Just got up early and made two pumpkin pies. I am now working on making the ham. My youngest daughter don't like turkey and must have ham! So ham it is for her. So if anybody wants some ham, it's here and so is the pumpkin pie. We also have to have turkey! My oldest daughter is cooking the turkey this year, thank god! Don't worry, Mario will get his share of the Thanksgiving dinner! He always does!

I'll just take a cup of hot coffee this morning.

David, I'm glad you don't have to drive old blue to your brothers house, you just might get stranded in the snow.

I want to wish eveybody a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Willie :)
Willie. in the words of
White Christmas, "I'm dreaming of another car" Willie, I'll have a cup of coffee also.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2005, 01:19 PM
HI EVERYONE!

David, I think you need to go sit on Santa's lap and ask him for a car for Christmas. I'm not sure writing a letter will do for such a special request. :D

Mario, you look so cute with gravy on your chin but don't wipe in on Gini! ;)

davidpizzica
11-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Connie,you're right. It's a VERY special request. Besides, won't it be a little bulky to bring down the chimney? Let alone put it under the tree!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Connie,you're right. It's a VERY special request. Besides, won't it be a little bulky to bring down the chimney? Let alone put it under the tree!
:D I'd love to see him get it on the sleigh!
Probably give Rudolph a hernia!!! :eek: :D

RICHARD
11-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Happy Turkey Day! I am thankful for a great many things... family, health... but most of all I am Thankful for the smiles y'all bring to my face when I come here and read "The Adventures That Happen Here at Thursday's" ... all of you are special Thank YOu!

... Oh and I'm thankful I'm not a turkey...
Turkey, Turkey
(Sung to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)

Turkey, Turkey look at you
Please be careful what you do.
Thanksgiving day is almost here.
We eat turkey every year.
Go and hide out in the woods.
We’ll eat pizza like we should.

I think we have a first place award at the inaugural "Thanksgiving Thursday's Talent Showcase and Singing Emporium"!!!

The Winner!! LoudLou and the Beans!

DONE!

LH,
We can hold our own in the kitchen.....Cheese Straws!!!

Thanks for the Alice link!!! I forget sometime...old age!!! ;)

DONE!

MOFF,

THE NEW PET OF THE DAY let's you change the title.....no magic here!!!!

It's all in the system!

DONE!

Let me say Hi to Laurie, Gini, Slick and David And Tray!!!

Laurie and Slick,

LOL, I hope you got connected....Here are some BMs for the both of you!!

DONE!

Gini,

Lady and Possum are on GRAVITY PATROL......any thing we drop in the kitchen goes in the 'black hole'-it's one of those crazy science things.... ;)

DONE!!

Tray,
Thank you for letting us borrow Mario all year long...

DONE!

David,
Be careful on the way home later on!! THANKS!

DONE!

We'll I stil haven't sat down to eat yet so I'll Sign Off and go see what's cooking!!

Again,

Thanks to you all-You guys are an amazing bunch of people.....

Have a Happy and We'll see you all later on???

The bar can stay open all weekend...I think we have some TGD dinner and Day After Shopping stories to share...Ya think? :D

I almost forgot to put out coffee, BMs and some wine for the stragglers!!

"Drink up Dreamers, you're running dry!"

slick
11-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the BM Richard. I'm having a busy day at work here.....not having much fun at all. Spoke to Laurie last night and called Mz Gini this morning. I suspect you are all stuffing yourselves with turkey right about now. Have a great rest of the day everyone! I'll try to check back tomorrow.

dukedogsmom
11-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Hope everyone is having a happy turkey day. I'm at work now. I had a cornish hen today and we're having snack foods tonight. I'm having Thanksgiving at my brother's house on Saturday. I hope everyone is doing well and isn't too stuffed.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Well Val, we could just eat all the leftover cheese straws, coffee (did you bring your machine?) and Baileys. There aren't likely to be too many other folk around tonight.

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 06:45 PM
KK, Lady and I will be here, make sure there's PLENTY of Bailey's.

Richard, Lady is one of the best vaccum cleaners ever to grace a kitchen. Sometimes I think she's there before whatever it is hits the floor.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Dogs make great vaccuum cleaners, don't they? My cats, of course, do not deign to eat crumbs. Such a hassle - it means I have to get the real vaccuum cleaner out! My in-laws have always kept dogs, often labradors. The greediest dogs on the planet, I think! Great for those pesky crumbs though.

Can I bring any food? I'm afraid I have no knowledge of Thanksgiving recipes, and every year the sound of marshmallows and potatoes terrifies me!

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 07:23 PM
KK, Finnan Haddie? (sp?) would be good, as would scones, or anything else that suits your fancy.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Well do you know, that sounds just great! Will you join me, or should I bring some other Scottish delicacy for you?

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I will most definately be joining you, perhaps there is something that hasn't been mentioned that I can bring along?

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2005, 08:04 PM
A little pumpkin pie perhaps? It's not something I have tasted. Then followed by more coffee and Baileys ... sounds wonderful!

I've brought a dog biccy for Lady!

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I'll have to hijack the rest of the Pumpkin Pie from my wife, but no problem. Consider it done!

Karen
11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I have pumpkin cookies with cream-cheese frosting I could contribute - have some left over, as not all the expected guests made it to our Thanksgiving celebration. It was in New Hampshire, where they had real snow today, and one of the Vermont cousins (a family of three kids and their two parents) couldn't come because of the snow - one of her windshield wipers broke today of all days. And the Maine contingent was simply feeling under the weather, and opted out. So I have leftover cookies - pumpkin cookies and brown-sugar bunnies - that I can share. Pssst - and Lady, if you'll sit reeeeeeeal pretty - oh, good girl, okay! - just don't tell your Dad - both cookies are doggie-safe-to-share! Here you go! Good girl!

zippy-kat
11-24-2005, 09:09 PM
[I] "Behaving Zipster" ~ isn't that a contradiction of terms?? :D

LOL

Once again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Many blessings to you!

dukedogsmom
11-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Checking in between the busyness. The people on day shift had a nice, quiet day. That's not been so for us. So, the phone keeps ringing for more requests of service. Lots of complaints about loud music. I've got the coffee machine. I'm going to whip me up a latte before I have to leave. Maybe Mario can do the coffee requests tonight. I gave him a few lessons last time on how to use it. A pumpkin cookie with the latte would be perfect. I'll check back in later to see how many are still here. I hate working on holidays!

Karen
11-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Checking in between the busyness. The people on day shift had a nice, quiet day. That's not been so for us. So, the phone keeps ringing for more requests of service. Lots of complaints about loud music. I've got the coffee machine. I'm going to whip me up a latte before I have to leave. Maybe Mario can do the coffee requests tonight. I gave him a few lessons last time on how to use it. A pumpkin cookie with the latte would be perfect. I'll check back in later to see how many are still here. I hate working on holidays!

Lady's Human mentioned he's working this holiday, what he didn't mention is that that is pretty normal for my family. My Dad, before retirement, was a stationary engineer - for those of you not in an engineering family, that's the people who keep your electricity coming day and night, holidays and weekends and every time in between. So holiday dinner times were scheduled around what shift he was working most years. HIS dad was a policeman, police chief in a small town. So working holidays is something we were brought up knowing that people just have to do!

So here, have an extra pumpkin cookie, just so you know how appreciative the rest of us are that you are there, doing your job.

Lady's Human
11-24-2005, 10:45 PM
DDM, you should have told Mario that cherry pits DO NOT go into the coffee grounds. (I thought the last cup had an odd flavor to it).

Anyone up for a late night round of leftovers?

BTW< Madame Mayor, I smelled the pumpkin breath on Lady....... :D

Karen
11-24-2005, 10:53 PM
It was just one widdle cookie, honest! Good girl, Lady. I mean, you *know* what a softie I am, especially when she does that "I'm the smartest best dog in the world" head tilt! ;) ;)

dukedogsmom
11-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Lady's Human, you don't like cherry flavored coffee? I think that's funny. Thanks for the cookie, Karen. It was delicious. It's finally calming down a little here. I'm in the midst of making the Christmas cards. It's wonderful to have a little time when it's not busy, which hasn't been a lot tonight. I think they're coming out quite well, if I do say so myself. I'm getting really excited now. Anyone else awake in here?

lbaker
11-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I was awake Val but didn't log in... just went out into the COLD COLD night about 3 a.m. and grabbed some more logs. And more and more this morning.. gee willikers it's BRRRRRR cold out this morning! I'll be fixing our Thanksgiving dinner later, yesterday Jenny and hers went to her Mom's for dinner and K and I ate YAHOO! CRABCAKES! I'm thankful for that. Nice fire, good dogs and cats (Gurl the snake doesn't "do" crabcakes :rolleyes: ) wonderful fun time just chatting with son. Life is good. :)

dukedogsmom
11-25-2005, 06:35 PM
I love crabcakes! When I go to Maryland, I get them at the restaurant we always visit. They are so good, with big chunks of fresh crab. I can almost taste them now. I wish we'd get cold weather! It's going to be in the 80's this weekend :( It sure doesn't feel like Christmas when it's this warm. I hope it gets cold soon.

Corinna
11-25-2005, 06:59 PM
You people who don't get snow just don't know what your missing. ;)
I just got back from Lowes Hubby needed more lumber for his christmas gift. Glad we didn't have to go to any other stores. It was fairly quiet.
Going to clean sons room to morrow (he's at sisters for a couple days ) and putting up christmas decorations.

How about a six foot sub from Subway No ham or turkey (all ready sick of both)

slick
11-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I need a very large double BM if you don't mind. Work has not gone well today. I'll be working all weekend long. Supposed to start holidays next week....ain't gonna happen. When will I get shopping done/wrapped/mailed???

Yeah, I know, quit my whining. Things could be so much worse. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and may you all have a very peaceful and happy weekend ahead.

Oh Lady, thank you for the much needed kisses. You too Possum. Mario...as much as I love getting kissies from you, I always have to wipe the cherry jooze off my mouth afterwards. :eek: ;) :D

See you all next week.

dukedogsmom
11-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Has anyone heard from Trevor lately? He used to be a regular here and I haven't "seen" him in ages. Hope he's doing ok. Slick, sorry you're having a rough time. I am working, too. However, I don't work this weekend. If it makes you feel any better, I just ordered my first Christmas present today. I have no idea what I'm getting for most everyone. So, you're not alone. Oh, and I just started making the Christmas cards, too. Speaking of, pm me with your address because I would like to send you one.

catland
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi everybody. We made it back safely yesterday. We ran into some snow up at the summit coming back from Central Oregon, but we managed just fine and spent today putting up (even more) Christmas lights.

Slick - sorry to hear you're so busy, hope the weekend is getting better.

Corinna
11-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Glad to see you back saftly Catland. I woke up to 4" of snow to day with a forcast of 6 more by morning. Glad I get to stay home except to go to pick up son at his sisters . Hubby driving (thank God) in the suburban.

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi, everyone! I get to report that old blue will be going to the great car lot in the sky. On Tuesday I'll be leasing a brand new 2006 chevy colbalt! No, Mario no cherry pits in THIS car!

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 12:38 PM
BTW, does anyone want to go for a ride??

Karen
11-27-2005, 12:39 PM
David, if you're going to say the r-i-d-e word with Lady in the room, you'd better be ready to go right now! One last ride in Old Blue, perhaps?

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
David, if you're going to say the r-i-d-e word with Lady in the room, you'd better be ready to go right now! One last ride in Old Blue, perhaps?
Karen, Lady can take the last R.I.D.E with me in old blue!

Lady's Human
11-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks,David. Now I have a dog jumping all over me looking for her leash! :D

I better give her her ride while there are stil walls left in the bar. Mario, do you want to come too? (It's an F150, I really don't care about the cherry pits, we'll bring a bag of wipes to take care of the juice)

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks,David. Now I have a dog jumping all over me looking for her leash! :D

I better give her her ride while there are stil walls left in the bar. Mario, do you want to come too? (It's an F150, I really don't care about the cherry pits, we'll bring a bag of wipes to take care of the juice)
OOPS! Sorry LH, I forgot about the "R" word!

Lady's Human
11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
No problem, David, Lady was due anyway. BTW, it was a far better choice to get the cobalt than the cavalier. Cavaliers had some serious gremlins in them that Chevy never did quite work out.

Now that we're back, and the cherry pits and juice are out of the cab of the truck, anyone for some pumpkin pie and coffee?

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks, LH, I can use both. I spent the afternoon cleaning out the old car to make look presentable when I trade her in. It's a shame that the head gasket blew when there was only 71,770 miles on the car.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the pie LH. I'll just grab some tea to go with it.

We're fixin to have thunderstorms directly. We have been in the 60s, now a cold front is moving in. Cold air and hot air; not a good combo, especially in Kansas. We are under tornado watches until around 8:30, I think it is.

David, I can't believe old blue gave up the ghost so easily. My poor 1985 has had the mile guage turn over at least twice since I've had it. Guess they just don't make them like they used to, huh? ;) :D

davidpizzica
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the pie LH. I'll just grab some tea to go with it.

We're fixin to have thunderstorms directly. We have been in the 60s, now a cold front is moving in. Cold air and hot air; not a good combo, especially in Kansas. We are under tornado watches until around 8:30, I think it is.

David, I can't believe old blue gave up the ghost so easily. My poor 1985 has had the mile guage turn over at least twice since I've had it. Guess they just don't make them like they used to, huh? ;) :D
It's a shame old blue went so quickly. However I'm looking forward to getting my new colbalt!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I had to grab my pie and run! Right after I hit enter, our tornado sirens went off. Nothing near our town, thankfully. There was one on the ground near a town to our west. Any more, if there is a tornado any where in the county, they sound the sirens all over the county, just to be safe.

Now we are having wind gusts to around 70mph. Hope my old house doesn't blow away! :eek:

Good luck with the new car, David. I would love to get a different one but figure I'd just be starting over replacing parts I've already replaced on the one I have. Does that make ANY sense? :D

gini
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Has anyone heard from MOFF this morning? Just checking in to be sure she is alright - the tornados sounded too close for comfort.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Here I am. Didn't mean to frighten any one. It was a rather harrowing night here. We had winds to 70 mph most of the night. They have calmed down to 40 to 50 mph today.

I had to go to the doctor this morning. Still fighting the blood pressure.
He tossed out two medicines and now we are trying another new one. So, I'm back to two for a while. For two weeks at least. Sigh! I am so tired.

We have been getting spit on by snow this afternoon. It can just go away!

I'm grabbing a big cherry vanilla coke and 4 hot cnt's for the gang!
See Ya! :D