PDA

View Full Version : No Thanksgiving for us.

beeniesmom
11-23-2005, 11:56 AM
:( :(
Well, we were supposed to go to my in laws house for Thanksgiving but MIL is in the hospital with a heart condition. She has AFIB.
We will be going there tonight to see her. Hopefully we can postpone and have Thanksgiving next weekend, if she is home by then.
I am not sure if I should go ahead and make a turkey for the 5 of us (me, hubby, beenie, frankie and my sister who is flying in to visit me) or just wait and celebrate next week. I feel bad that we will be all together while she's in the hospital. As they say $#!T happens.

Jadapit
11-23-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry about your MIL. My husband and son had to go out of town today to work. They will be gone the rest of the week. I'm spending Thanksgiving by my lonesome. I do have the fur kids to keep me company. We will be having Thanksgiving at my in laws on Sunday.

jackie
11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your MIL. I wish her a speedy recovery.

One thing you can do if you don't feel like going to all the trouble of turkey is buy a rotisserie chicken and pumkin pie from the supermarket and have a mini-thanksgiving until you can have the "real" thing with the in-laws. Two thanksgivings with all the trimmings sound like a lot of work.

beeniesmom
11-23-2005, 12:27 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your MIL. I wish her a speedy recovery.

One thing you can do if you don't feel like going to all the trouble of turkey is buy a rotisserie chicken and pumkin pie from the supermarket and have a mini-thanksgiving until you can have the "real" thing with the in-laws. Two thanksgivings with all the trimmings sound like a lot of work.

Thanks! That sounds like a good idea. :)

Cookiebaker
11-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she feels better soon, and up to the "real meal!"

shais_mom
11-23-2005, 12:51 PM
so sorry to hear about your mother in law -

Kfamr
11-23-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry Carmen. :( If I was at home i'd invite you all to the dinner my mom is having for our family.

{{HUGS}}

ramanth
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry about your MIL. Hope she gets better soon!

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Jackie's got a great idea! If we lived closer toghether I'd invite you to dinner!

I was going to ask you why you weren't celebrating turkey day when I saw your reply in one of my posts but I didn't want to pry into personal business. Thanks for putting my mind at ease... I've been thinking about it for a while now. lol

I hope your MIL feels better soon.

elizabethann
11-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I like the idea of buying something at the supermarket. It'll be a small celebration but it can still be fun. Plus, I'm thinking Beenie & Frankie would like a little chicken or turkey.

I hope your MIL gets better soon.

beeniesmom
11-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow, you are all so sweet! Thanks.
I just called and my FIL said that she just had a test done to see if there was any damage. They put a camera in an artery and followed it to the heart. She has no damage. They now need to decide weather to try a new pill to regulate her heart or to stop her heart and start it again electrically to see if it will "reset" itself.

cyber-sibes
11-23-2005, 01:31 PM
:( hope your MIL feels better soon. I'll bet she'd like it if you had a mini Thanksgiving so she doesn't feel like you're missing out cause she's not there to cook. Have a great day!

Corinna
11-23-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd still do just something special for the 5 of you do a chicken or a BBQ ribs it's specail and nothing the MIL would do for thanksgiving . Your sister would feel really glad she came.

poofy
11-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Hope your MIL is feeling better soon..I was going to be by myself , but one of my sisters called and invited me there..that will be nice..Happythanksgiveing to all, and hope all stay well ..God Bless

finn's mom
11-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Wow, Carmen, I hope she feels better soon and that the doctors can help her out. It's always more acute when it's during the holiday seasons. :( I think a mini Thanksgiving sounds like a great idea. I'd invite you over if I weren't so far away! :)

gemini9961
11-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Sorry about your MIL Carmen, hope she recovers quickly.

sandragonfly
11-23-2005, 10:07 PM
you can't exactly say no yet! november(thanksgiva) won't be offically over until it ends. :)

hopefully your mother in love will be ok for next week.

just two weeks ago, I lost my grandfather, every holiday won't be the same ever after. consider yourself thankful, your in-loves will be in my thoughts.

mini-thanksgiving wouldn't hurt, sounds cute! (((hugs)))

RobiLee
11-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, Carmen. {{{Big Hugs}}}

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry about your MIL Carmen. I hope she's doing better. I'm sure you will make the most out of a mini Thanksgiving and your sisters visit. Everything will turn out alright, I'm sure. :)

Laura's Babies
11-24-2005, 09:12 AM
It is the "spirit" of Thanksgiving that we celebrate so as long as you have a family, you need to celebrate it with them. I will spend mine today with MY BABIES!! That is just what I want to do. I am cooking for "us" a small meal and being so thankful that we have each other. SO, I agree that you should celebrate with your family somehow and do the big celebration when she comes out of the hospital. Hope she gets well soon so that turkey won't ruin in the fridge!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Hope everything works out for you - I know this Christmas is going to be "pants" without my Dad. I know it sounds yucky but "I feel your pain"

new mom to a veiled
11-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey Carmen, sorry I didn't see this until now.......I hope MIL is feeling better soon!!! What if you guys snuck a little turkey into her, if she feels up to it? Better than hospital food.......I hope you guys can make the most of it and have a good Thanksgiving!!! Say hi to Jojo from me..............