PDA

View Full Version : Hoss (a big orange park feral)

K & L
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
For the past week we’ve been trying to recapture Hoss (a large orangie feral at park) who has an apparent URI. On occasions Hoss will let Kevin pet him so we brought a carrier along with the trap. Hoss wanted nothing to do with the trap again and ran, but when Kevin brought out the food he stopped and let him pet him. I grabbed the carrier, opened the door, and Kevin was able to grab the scruff of his neck and between the two of us we wrestled him in the carrier. He did not look very good so keep your fingers crossed he will be treatable. He’s at the vets right now.

Donnaj4962
11-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Good thoughts and prayers coming for Hoss. Hope all turns out well.

K & L
11-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Well Hoss is now at Rainbow Bridge. :( He tested positive, his mouth was full of ulcers, and had labored breathing. He is our first cat in the 8 years we been dealing with ferals that turned out positive. Poor ole Hoss.

Laura's Babies
11-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Awww! Play hard at Rainbow Bridge Hoss, free of pain...

Grace
11-23-2005, 02:16 PM
RIP Hoss. You're just in time for the RB Thanksgiving feast.

Corinna
11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh Lisa I'm so sorry to hear this . ((hugs )) to you. Hoss play comfortably at the bridge.

orangemm
11-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Poor Hoss; I'm sorry he was sick. Hoss, you'll have a much better life at the RB. Rest easy. :(

catmandu
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
A Pox,on those people who abandoned Poor Hoss.
Thats a shame that Innocent Animals have to pay the price for people whos love of animals is only a passing fad.
Hoss is a Pet Talker Angel,and was with us for the Double Cheese Burger than we had at Harveys Today.
And he apreciates what you tried to do for him,and will Thank You in Purrson,One Fine Day.

K & L
11-23-2005, 05:05 PM
A Pox,on those people who abandoned Poor Hoss.
Thats a shame that Innocent Animals have to pay the price for people whos love of animals is only a passing fad.
Hoss is a Pet Talker Angel,and was with us for the Double Cheese Burger than we had at Harveys Today.
And he apreciates what you tried to do for him,and will Thank You in Purrson,One Fine Day.

Thanks Gary! I hope one of these days we will get to meet in person. We discovered Hoss almost a year ago. We TNR'd him and just recently he was starting to warm up to us. So sad what some animals have to endure. Unfortunately by the time we notice a feral sick and able to catch again (if ever) they're usually pretty far into the illness. Hoss was a BIG beautiful orange guy who is now no longer hurting.

momcat
11-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Through a sudden attack of LES, RIP Hoss. You were loved and will be missed at the park

kuhio98
11-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Lisa and Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear about Hoss. Bless you for taking care of these babies.

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Lisa and Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear about Hoss's passing. :( You did everything you could for him and now he's pain free and at peace. RIP sweet Hoss. :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-24-2005, 06:15 AM
OH Lisa and Kevin - thank you so much for this final act of love and compassion for dear Hoss - easing him to to Rainbow Bridge and ending his suffering :(

At least he passed away knowing human kindness and love, and when he arrives at the Bridge he has a name, and will be welcomed by all the PT rescue cats who have gone before him. Tell him to look out for Kissy when he arrives - I am sure my Kissy knows his way around by now, and will be a great tour guide.

RIP Hoss, and (((HUGS))) to Kevin and Lisa.

Randi
11-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Hoss was sick, but now, he's free of pain - thanks to you. I'm glad you got him, so his suffering could end, out there he would have suffered more.

Rest in Peace, Hoss.

kb2yjx
11-24-2005, 11:33 AM
A DOUBLE POX on those who abandoned Hoss!!! But, thanks to your care and persistance, he did not have to suffer and knew all the hard work it took on your part to get him to the vet!!! St. Francis smiles on all you do for the ferals! Sleep softly, sweet Hoss... Sandra