PDA

View Full Version : turn off the tv!

slleipnir
03-30-2002, 12:31 PM
This sounds weird, but I want to teach Jo to turn off my tv. Can that even be done? Does anyone have an idea of how I can come about doing this??

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2002, 12:59 PM
I think you should be able to teach this....we have touch light Sadie turns on and off and really the trick shouldn't be that different. A few questions first.
Do you clicker train?

Have you ever taught her to "touch" or to
"target"?

I would first get her interested in the tv. Take her by it and encourage her to "touch" Anytime she puts a paw on the tv, click and treat. Slowly up the requirement getting her to hit the right button. Lots of encouragement, treats and patience and you should get it. Once she has it you can change the command to get the tv or turn off the tv or whatever. Good luck!!

slleipnir
03-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Great :D sounds good thank you!

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2002, 08:45 AM
Let me know how it goes!!

Good Luck!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-31-2002, 08:54 AM
That would be fun to see Jo turn off the t.v., but I'm thinking maybe we should all learn to turn off the t.v. I was just thinking between the t.v. and the computer, how much time is spent on those things instead of spending quality time with our pups or cats or animals.
I'm Guilty, and hope to change all that. Glad you brought this subject up.:rolleyes:
Jackie

anna_66
03-31-2002, 05:56 PM
I sometimes find myself watching TV or on the computer much more than I should be. I've been trying to show them some x-tra lovin' here lately! They really love it too:D