PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! I Need Help!

angelfaerie19
11-23-2005, 03:41 AM
I have a dog and his name is Jax. Right now my family is broke and we can't take him to the vet. He has cuts around his neck from his collar and they are infected, oozing, and it smells horrible. I need to know if there is anything over the counter that will make him better before it gets worse and does him more harm. Please, if you know anything at all let me know ASAP!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Firstly bathe the wounds then hotfoot it to your nearest pet shop to see if they have an antiseptic to put on it. Then beg, borrow or steal to get that poor animal taken to the vet

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 08:30 AM
If it smells then theres a VERY VERY VERY good chance gangrene has already set in. He needs to be on VERY STRONG antibiotics. Unfortunatly once the smell starts not much can be done without antibiotics. Most likey he will need to have some of the skin trimmed as the tissue is dying.

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help but he needs to see a vet. Once it starts to smell it is a dire emergancy!

Do you or your family have a credit card?
Or if you are a reputable client your vet should let you charge it.

One of the stray cats I found had to put to sleep because the gangrene was so bad and it was only about a 1.5 inch cut.

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah and obviously remove the collar & buy a new one.

Good luck & please get him to the vets. I know you have no money but this is an emergancy!!!

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I hope you're not scared away or just a troll or whatever. I'd really like some updates on him. I really am sorry I can't be of more help but he really does need to see a vet.

Maybe your vet can work out a payment plan? Sometimes people donate money to the vets and it is put into a fund and is used to help out people in need. Maybe your vet has something like that.
Or a local humane society may be able to help?
A credit card?
Something.
Anything.

Jessika
11-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Get him to the vet immediately. Even if you can't afford it, most vets WILL NOT turn away a pet in need of medical care especially in an emergency situation such as yours and most will be MORE than willing to either work out a payment plan or take a post-dated check. If it smells that's a good indicator that infection has already set in. DO NOT let your dog suffer just because you don't have the funds for medical attention!

Thsi is the result of not properly adjusting the collar to compensate for a puppy's growth!!! It's such a shame!! Please tell me also that you DO NOT use a choke collar as an every day collar right??

angelfaerie19
11-23-2005, 03:20 PM
First off I want to thank all of you for your help with this. When you are poor it makes things harder than ever. I finally got in touch with the vet and they told me some things I can do with home products until I get the money to take him. In reguards to the ******* who said my dog should be taken away, you know nothing of my family and my pets. We have had animals ever since I was a little girl. I am 19 now and no one in this family has ever abused animals. And, just to let you know, we have bought him MANY new collars since he was a puppy. So lets just keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Well good luck with him. Please keep us updated.

Did you check with any of the things I mentioned above that may help?

angelfaerie19
11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes, when I called the vets I asked them about those kinds of things and they said yhad nothing. And when I told them that we had no money they said that there was nothing they could do unless we had money. There are no payment plans, blah blah blah. What do you expect though? I live in Tennessee. Now I don't know what I am going to do. I don't want this to kill my dog. I've had him since I was 11. I don't want to lose him now because of some ********* vets that don't give a ****.

lv4dogs
11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
What did the vet tell you to do?

I know about idiotic vets, In a way you can't blame them they do get screwed alot (lots of people don't pay them back I used to work at one) but then again they shouldn't turn down an animal in dire need. Its a tough call on their part.

angelfaerie19
11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
I know that it is a tough call, but we have taken our animals to them for the past 2 years and always paid. Yet they won't let us bring Jax in and work out a payment plan. It just isn't right.

Majestic
11-23-2005, 04:44 PM
You might want to call other vets and see if they can take your dog in. Also, you may want to stop by their office and ask instead - bring all records of your dog being taken care of by your current vet.

There're always some vets out there who wants to help and/or get more 'patients'

bckrazy
11-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Do you have a local ASPCA? They can provide emergency vet care and give you a low-payment plan, OR you can surrender your dog to them so they can save his life, if it seems very serious. If it smells and it's oozy, it is probably seriously infected and it could kill him. Really, would you rather keep your dog and watch him die, or surrender him, save his life, and allow him to be adopted out to a home that is able to pay for good food, good shelter, and vet care? It isn't your vets fault, most vets (especially in small towns) simply cannot afford to offer low payment plans. That's why low-cost SPCA care is out there.

Honestly, caring for a dog is VERY expensive. Reconsider owning dogs until you are financially stable. Do you have any idea why the collar caused such severe cuts? The collar should be loose enough to slip 2 fingers between the dogs neck and the collar. If it's kept on 24/7, it should be flat nylon material, NOT a chain or a rope. This obviously didn't happen overnight, so we aren't being "assholes", we are justifiably questioning whether your family knows how to properly care for your dog. Make sure you educate yourself about dog ownership, it's like caring for a toddler for 10-15 years. :(

dragondawg
11-23-2005, 05:31 PM
attempt to find an animal rescue organization in your area. They may be able to help subsidize the health costs. An antibiotic of choice such as Cephalexin isn't that expensive. However as someone else pointed out the diseased tissue will have to be surgically removed, and would incur Veterinary charges.

Don't attempt to doctor it yourself. I'm sure if you visit some "natural healing" forums suggestions will include things like peroxide or iodine which will just make things worse.

Be persistent in finding help. The infection isn't going away on its own.

Vela
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
First off I want to thank all of you for your help with this. When you are poor it makes things harder than ever. I finally got in touch with the vet and they told me some things I can do with home products until I get the money to take him. In reguards to the ******* who said my dog should be taken away, you know nothing of my family and my pets. We have had animals ever since I was a little girl. I am 19 now and no one in this family has ever abused animals. And, just to let you know, we have bought him MANY new collars since he was a puppy. So lets just keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

You can't ask for sympathy with one side and call people *******out the other. First off your dog never shoud have had a collar on so tight as to cut his neck, if you are 19 you should have paid attention to that. Secondly, if he DID get cuts, you should have taken care of it even by cleaning and taking off his collar BEFORE it got to be an infected oozing mess. Being poor is no excuse not to adjust his collar or clean out his wounds once they happened. That does not happen overnight, period. Just because you have had pets your whole life does not mean they get proper care. If you are 19 you are pefectly old enough to be repsonsible for this situation and calling people ******** because you didn't properly care for your dog in this instance is not the best way to get help. I hope your dog gets better and you are able to help him. I truly feel for your situation and lack of money. Try contacting the local SPCA and seeing if they can help you. You may have to surrender him but it's better than him dying from infection. Good luck.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-24-2005, 04:15 AM
I know that it is a tough call, but we have taken our animals to them for the past 2 years and always paid. Yet they won't let us bring Jax in and work out a payment plan. It just isn't right.

You'd think the vet would take this into account and put Jax's welfare before anything else!

Alysser
11-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Beeniesmom is not a you know what. She is right in a way. If you have had dogs since you were a little girl you should have known how to take care of him. Adjusting a collar is simple and easy. It is very easy to prevent this problem. Call your local Humane Society or ASPCA. They can give your dog emergency vet care for no or very low cost.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh please no more bad feeling! This site is my sanctuary..................

angelfaerie19
11-24-2005, 09:05 AM
If you would like to consider the fact that we have had animals since I was born I do believe we know how to take care of animals. So please do not question my motives. If I was an animal abuser, do you really think that I would post something on here to help my animal? I think not. I love my animals to death. My cat, mercedes, I have taken care of her ever since she was 5 weeks old. Now she is 2 years old and healthy as can be. Jax, he had parvo before, he got all the treatment he needed and we paid a 500 dollar bill to make sure that his life was saved. If I abused him I wouldn't have done that either, I would have let him die. But I didn't did I? Right now I am doing everything that I can and borrowing money from everyone that I know. I should be able to get him to the vet by saturday. Until then I am doing what the vet told me to do, and that is to clean the wounds and put triple antibiotic on it. I shall keep all informed on how he is doing. As for the collar, I never said that is how he got wounded. It turns out that he got cuts when he got into another fight with a dog. A vet said it wasn't serious and let them heal, well, looks like they didn't heal. I know how to take care of an animal, if I didn't all 7 would be dead.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Just pm'd you

beeniesmom
11-24-2005, 10:17 AM

No need for name calling or foul language.
I just voiced my opinion. No need to get offended.
I could have called you something too but I am better than that.
Good luck with your dog.

angelfaerie19
11-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Since yesterday morning I have been cleaning the wounds and putting a triple antibiotic on them, and leaving the collar off. Since then he is getting better. His fever has gone away, he's eating like a pig again, and playing with his favorite ball and running around. I want to thank those who helped me through this, it means alot. I shall keep more updates and let you all know how the vet visit goes.

dab_20
11-25-2005, 12:49 PM
when it is a life or death emergency, most vets will take your dog in and help him. they will later work out a money plan with you. good luck, and i hope everything will be ok!

EDIT** glad to hear he is doing better!!

angelfaerie19
11-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Just another update for all of you. For the past two days I have been cleaning his neck and putting the antibiotic on it. Since then the smell has gone away, he doesn't scratch anymore, the fever is gone, and it is almost completely scabbed over. I just want to thank all of you for helping me through this.

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear he's doing better. I hope you get him to the vet though. If it was bad enough to cause a bad stench there is an infection there. Even though it may appear that he's getting better and the smell is gone the infection can still be there it can travel. It can harbor in him (like in the bloodstream & the like) which can be very difficult to treat later on. It's best to pay the exam fee (about $20-$40) and some antibiotics (about $10-$25).

dab_20
11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
I am glad he is feeling a bit better. Lv4dogs is right, the infection will get worse if you don't get it professionally treated. I would still try and look for vets that will work out a money plan with you. Good Luck.

angelfaerie19
11-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes, I am still working on all of that. So far the local vets won't work with me so I am now currently trying other counties.

Jessika
11-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Just for a checkup?? Like a $50 checkup? That's such a shame :(

dab_20
11-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it is. How can they not care about your dog?

lv4dogs
11-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Right now I am doing everything that I can and borrowing money from everyone that I know. I should be able to get him to the vet by saturday.

You haven't borrowed or earned or saved enough money for a simple exam yet?

angelfaerie19
11-28-2005, 07:22 PM
So far I only have 10 dollars...and that is from the change that I have found in the house. I'm doing my best here, so at least give me credit for trying so hard.

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
So far I only have 10 dollars...and that is from the change that I have found in the house. I'm doing my best here, so at least give me credit for trying so hard.
:eek: *sigh* poor dog.

angelfaerie19
11-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Actually Jax is doing quite well. I talked to a vet and told her that everything is clearing up, she asked me some questions, I gave her the answers, and she told me that he would be just fine and that we took care of him very well. She said that there is no need to bring him in since everything has gone away. Now, since I don't quite trust the vets around here I am still getting some money together and I am taking him to the vet thursday to be checked out and make complete sure that eveything is fine. I talked to a good friend of mine and he is going to lend me the rest of the money to take him. I will let you all know how it goes.

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2005, 08:49 PM
pet insurence might be a thing you might want to consider

angelfaerie19
11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Pet insurance? Never heard of it. Tell me more.

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2005, 09:16 PM
:D well your vet should have some info about ti but i found some internet sites that you can also look at
1 (http://www.petinsurance.com/)
2 (http://www.petcareinsurance.com/)
hope that helps :D

Jessika
11-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Actualy your best bet as an alternative to pet insurance is to just start a separate savings account and deposit money into it every week or month or so.

Flatcoatluver
11-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Actualy your best bet as an alternative to pet insurance is to just start a separate savings account and deposit money into it every week or month or so.
yeah that's always a cheper thing to do, it just you have to remeber for the safety of your pets, and not cloths lol, no its sound like you have alot of pets, so you should save some money

bckrazy
11-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Actually Jax is doing quite well. I talked to a vet and told her that everything is clearing up, she asked me some questions, I gave her the answers, and she told me that he would be just fine and that we took care of him very well. She said that there is no need to bring him in since everything has gone away.

Suuure. Sorry, but it's hard to believe that when just a few days ago he had oozy, smelly cuts all over his neck and now miraculously there's "no need" to bring him to a vet :).... if only it were that simple. Please do get a loan or something if need be. Would your parents have allowed you or your younger siblings to go weeks without medical care with severe infected wounds?

Karen
11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
She already said a friend is lending her the money, and he'll go to the vet on Thursday. It is good that the vet took the time with her over the phone, and we all hope he'll be okay.

CagneyDog
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Actually Jax is doing quite well. I talked to a vet and told her that everything is clearing up,
It seems weird that he could be so much better so quickly. I sure hope it's true. Let us know about his vet appointment.

lv4dogs
11-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Yes it sure is! A lot of those pet insurance companies out there don't cover even half of what you'd expect them cover.

Corinna
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I have been there a couple times (no Money) thankfully family memners were able to help. You feel horriable and the cost of pet insurance is also out of your reach also. The fact that she found our site and asked for help is to her credit. Seems that some of us are getting to uncompassionate for the peoples feelings . I have noticed it on several threads lately. People come here for help and family ,not to be attacked. Maybe it's becouse it's a media that no one really knows you. face to face I don't think the things being said would be.
As Karen reminds us we are family and be nice.

Glad to hear that the dog is getting better , you did a good job taking care of the problem. Is it possible the dog got it's coller stuck on some thing and in it's twisting it cut in to the neck and you missed the cut for a day or two? The humidaty there can cause infection to grow rapidly.

angelfaerie19
11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
To the woman who made the comment about younger siblings, blah blah blah. I am the youngest, and back then it was easier to take care of things because it didn't cost as much and there were such things as emergency rooms that cost nothing. Now like I have said in previous entries I am trying my best here. I love animals just as much as ya'll do. Proof? I have 2 dogs and 5 cats. All of them have always been taken care of no matter what the situation. But we have hit a rough patch the past couple months and can barely get by. The only family that I have left besides my parents and my brother are my mother's parents. And due to recent events they have no money either. I know that some people think that being poor, and in bankruptcy is no excuse, but it is. Either way our animals get taken care of and I don't appriciate being attacked on here every time I turn around and having to defend myself almost everyday. Luckily I have a friend that is like family to me who is lending me the money to take Jax to the vet.

lv4dogs
11-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Good luck at the vets tomorrow!!! :D

angelfaerie19
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Thank you.

dab_20
11-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Please don't worry about what other people say. I have been in that situation where I coulden't take my dogs to the vet because my mom didn't have the money. I know you are trying your best, and can tell you really love your animals. That's what counts, you know. I support you on saying that some people on her can't say the nicest things when we come for help. But I just ignore it, and appreciate the people who help me. I am glad your dog is feeling better, and hope everything works out. Good Luck on Thursday!

angelfaerie19
12-01-2005, 12:59 AM
I was able to get him to the vet and he is all better now...there is nothing wrong with him and he didn't need any meds because there seemed to not be a bad infection. It cleared up on it's own with the antibiotic ointment. Thank you everyone for being there and helping me through this. THANK GOD MY BABY WILL LIVE!

Pawsitive Thinking
12-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Good news - happy for you

dab_20
12-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Great News! I'm happy your all better Jax! :D

beeniesmom
12-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Alrighty all....I was able to get Jax to the vet this morning because Justin got his paycheck early for a change. She said that it is not infected, I did everything right and it has healed up just fine. He didn't need any antibiotics or anything. She said that it wasn't caused by his collar, it was caused by the fight with another dog. Thank you all for being there for me when I needed the support. I shall remain a member on here and hopefully be able to help someone else in need. Once again, thanks for everything.

Wow, what time was his vet appointment. 1 am?

lv4dogs
12-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Wow, what time was his vet appointment. 1 am?

I was wondering the same thing. :rolleyes:

angelfaerie19
12-01-2005, 04:51 PM
The point is my baby is ok and there is nothing wrong with him..

Cataholic
12-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Wait a minute. Now, I am the first to admit numbers are difficult to me.....but, yesterday (Wednesday) you posted at 242 pm "thank you", in reference to someone wishing you good luck for a vet appointment today (thursday). Then, this am (Thursday) you post that you went to the vet WEDNESDAY 9AM.

Hmmm...that seems a bit off to me.

Jessika
12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Wait a minute. Now, I am the first to admit numbers are difficult to me.....but, yesterday (Wednesday) you posted at 242 pm "thank you", in reference to someone wishing you good luck for a vet appointment today (thursday). Then, this am (Thursday) you post that you went to the vet WEDNESDAY 9AM.

Hmmm...that seems a bit off to me.

Maybe she's in a different time zone, like in Australia and she's a day ahead??

I'm nto defending anyone just throwing that point out there :)

Cataholic
12-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, not only can I usually tell an american's way of talking (typing) normally, but, she told us she was in Tennessee. Last I checked, she is in the same time zone as I am, at least literally. ;)

You just don't go from oozing to gold in such a short time. Her story wasn't consistent from the beginning. It isn't that I am in to doing or not doing anything to anyone. I just like the truth from the beginning to the end. I call it like I see it. I call this one rotten. I feel for the dog. Being poor isn't any excuse for neglect.

dab_20
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM
she didn't say she was oozing in gold.

Jessika
12-01-2005, 10:01 PM
she didn't say she was oozing in gold.

She said oozing TO gold ;)

Cataholic
12-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Good grief. Not only did you miss read, but, you were majorly missing the point of my post. :(

beeniesmom
12-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I SOOO Agree with you and couldn't have written it better myself.

Well, not only can I usually tell an american's way of talking (typing) normally, but, she told us she was in Tennessee. Last I checked, she is in the same time zone as I am, at least literally. ;)

You just don't go from oozing to gold in such a short time. Her story wasn't consistent from the beginning. It isn't that I am in to doing or not doing anything to anyone. I just like the truth from the beginning to the end. I call it like I see it. I call this one rotten. I feel for the dog. Being poor isn't any excuse for neglect.

AS I SAY IN THESE CASES: What a bunch of crap! :mad:

angelfaerie19
12-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Ok...would you like me to give you the number of my vet???? You can ask them everything that you want...go ahead...ask....I'm not scared...cuz I didn't do a goddamn thing wrong...

beeniesmom
12-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Ok...would you like me to give you the number of my vet???? You can ask them everything that you want...go ahead...ask....I'm not scared...cuz I didn't do a goddamn thing wrong...

You may have done nothing wrong but accoring to me, your story is inconsistent. No need for your vet number. It's just a pet forum here, not the fbi. Just get your story straight next time.

angelfaerie19
12-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Ya know what? No, I'm not going to lie to you people anymore. I said that I took him to the vet to get you off my back. But I have spoken to one and she said that he is ok and that there is no need to bring him in. His scratch is COMPLETELY healed...What more do I have to do???? I did what the vet told me to do, which was clean it with anticeptic and but a triple antibiotic on it. And I did. After 2-3 days of that it started to heal...it has been a while since then and now it is completely healed. What do I have to do???? I did everything right and now my baby is ok. I came here for help and advice....not to be acused of animal abuse...and I am no animal abuser.

beeniesmom
12-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for your honesty.
You know, you can't please everyone here. I know. I probably have some people who aren't happy that my dogs aren't from a rescue. I think we can all be happy here by telling the truth, at least about our animals. Returning to, Jax, glad he is better.

angelfaerie19
12-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Thank you. I just felt like there was nothing that I could do. I mean, if I could have gotten him to a vet the minute it started I would have. I love my animals so much. And everytime an animal of ours has died it has been from old age, not due to neglect like I am being accused of. I love animals, I can't even bare to see one that is dead in the road, let alone kill my own. I'm too soft hearted and animals are my passion.

Daisy and Delilah
12-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Honesty is always the best policy. Be honest with these people and they can help you through anything. The main thing is that your baby gets better. I wish you and your doggie the best :)

lv4dogs
12-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Yup a bunch of bull crap! :

Not that it makes a difference but I don't see the post about the 9:00 vet appointment, BUT even without the exact times known you can still tell that the dog did not go to the vets unless it was in the middle of the night. AND a lot of her posts are now edited. :rolleyes:

We don't need any more fakes around here thats for sure. :mad:

lv4dogs
12-02-2005, 08:02 AM
OOPS, crap I for some reason when I replied above I did not see the 5th page. :eek: It wasn't showing up for me.

Now that I know for sure that you lied, yes I am glad you came out & told the truth but I am still dissapointed that you lied to begin with. I hope you learned your lesson.

I really do hope Jax is doing good & continues to do so.

Cataholic
12-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Of course, I only want Jax to be healed, healthy and happy.

However, what a huge lesson this is for the "oh, maybe she is young..." or "maybe we are misunderstanding her..." or the "lets give her the benefit of the doubt" people on this thread, and every other thread that immediately had people questioning things: it is pretty easy to spot someone telling a huge lie. Like she did. And, the next person that pms me and says, "let's just give this person the benefit of the doubt.." needs to remember this thread.

People that lie are liars. They don't tell the truth. Everything they say is immediately suspect from here on out for me. :mad:

Vela
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Of course, I only want Jax to be healed, healthy and happy.

However, what a huge lesson this is for the "oh, maybe she is young..." or "maybe we are misunderstanding her..." or the "lets give her the benefit of the doubt" people on this thread, and every other thread that immediately had people questioning things: it is pretty easy to spot someone telling a huge lie. Like she did. And, the next person that pms me and says, "let's just give this person the benefit of the doubt.." needs to remember this thread.

People that lie are liars. They don't tell the truth. Everything they say is immediately suspect from here on out for me. :mad:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am glad Jax is better, but there is no need to lie. Lying, especially once caught, just makes you look bad, even if it's only "online". Most people can tell when others are really lying or exaggerating thngs and nobody here wants to have that happen. You will find this place and every other place you go a MUCH happier environment without the lies, then you also won't have to try to defend yourself against the lies and suspicion. It's okay to disagree with others, many of us do, but no need to lie to try to cover it up. Just be honest and you will get along just fine. I am glad Jax is better and I hope you learned a good lesson that can help you in the future, not just here but in life in genral. Good luck to you.

dab_20
12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, honesty is the best policy but you shoulden't have lied in the first place. People lose trust in you. This is a website, so all she has to do is leave, I doubt she learned her lesson. But you will eventually learn in life. Be honest right from the start next time.

Sampson-my guardian angel
12-04-2005, 07:36 PM
well said Vela!

dragondawg
12-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I wondered how this thread would turn out after:

Since yesterday morning I have been cleaning the wounds and putting a triple antibiotic on them, and leaving the collar off. Since then he is getting better. His fever has gone away, he's eating like a pig again

Fever equals infection as in systemic infection, which would also explain the anorexia. Given the original wound was described as oozing, smelly as in probable Clostridia infection. Such infections are deep, and not readily treated by any surface antibiotic salve. Neither will a systemic infection be affected by treating the skin superficially. Might decrease the toxin load on the system, but necrotic tissue isn't going to respond well to antibiotic salve. The normal progression of such an infection in an older dog without antibiotic therapy would be septis, multiple organ failure and death.

Maybe an unexplained Christmas miracle. :confused:

angelfaerie19
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, I do have an update for you all, and you can choose to believe me or not. We came into some money and I took him to the vet this morning, the same vet that I talked to over the phone. They took a look at him and she said that if there had been an infection it was a minor one. She gave him some oral antibiotics, I believe it's called cephalexin or something like that. I'll have to get the bottle from mom. Anyways, she gave that to us just in case there was still some infection. Other than that he is fine, the outside is healed and it looks like everything is definately going to be ok. I'm just happy that we came into some money because I still wanted to get him to a vet just in case. But I do believe that pretty much ends this thread now that he is all better. Thank you all for everything and I'm sorry so much trouble was caused with this thread.

carole
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Well if Jax is completely healed then you have a had lucky break, I sure hope he continues to be well, maybe you should try and put a little aside incase he needs further treatment, just incase, to be on the safe side.

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Posted "Today @ 10:14 PM"

We came into some money
and I took him to the vet this morning,
the same vet that I talked to over the phone.
They took a look at him and
she said that if there had been an infection it was a minor one.
She gave him some oral antibiotics ...

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

"Today" and "this morning" mean SUNDAY ...

WHERE did you find a Vet open on Sunday?

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

/s/ Phred

angelfaerie19
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
The emergency vet that they have about 15 minutes from here...near the tri-city airport. They are open 7 days a week, 24 hours.

carole
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes we have vets open here on Sundays as well in lil ole Aotearoa, hope Jax is doing much better now, obviously he needed the vet treatment to properly heal. :)Good for you, glad you were able to get the money to take him.