PDA

View Full Version : 2 years ago today..

luvofallhorses
11-21-2005, 07:32 PM
my grandmother (my mom's mother) passed away from pancreatic cancer. In mid-October of 2003, my cousin Anna called and said that our grandmother was sick. She was only given a short period of time to live, so my Aunt Paula, my cousin Patricia, my cousin Courtney, my mom, my dad, my Aunt Barbara, and my cousin April packed up and went to Colorado. There was no way we weren't going there. I even wrote her a letter before we got there saying how much I loved her and then we would be there soon. It was really hard. She was a very healthy person and it was hard to see such a well loved person fade. I spent as much time with her as I could, I couldn't bare to lose her. She has shown me how to love animals and I thank God for that. She has always lent a shoulder to cry on, listened to everything I had to say, helped me through hard times, etc....she was everything a grandmother was supposed to be. on November 21st, 2003, my brother, my cousin Josh, and my dad and I had to drive back here to Montana, because my brother and cousin had to work as well as my dad and I needed to go back to school. I said goodbye and it was the hardest thing. I gave her a hug and said I loved her and walked away saying I always will. When we got to the hotel in Wyoming, my dad called and at 2 p.m. my grandmother had passed away. I just layed down on the hotel bed and broke down and cried. My dad said that she was at peace now and not hurting anymore, I knew that, but it was just so hard. I still think my heart is healing from losing her. She wasn't just any grandmother, she was my best friend. R.I.P. Grandma, you will NEVER be forgotten and always be in my heart. :( :(

I posted this so late because I couldn't bring myself to post it. :(

chocolatepuppy
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Krista, Grandmas are someone so special aren't they? Your Grandma will always live on through you and yes in your love for animals. {hugs}

petslover
11-21-2005, 07:55 PM
aw, Krista like Annette said Your grandma will always live on and when you have children you can teach everything she's taught you to them and then she can live on in their hearts as well. -hugs-

luvofallhorses
11-21-2005, 09:14 PM
thank you both for the kind words, you don't know how much they mean to me. :)

Karen
11-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Yup - grandma's are always in our hearts, and we know they watch over us from heaven.

poofy
11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Your memories will always keep her alive,what an awsome thing to have such wonderful memories..what a blessing..