PDA

View Full Version : Defending my honor! ;)

catnapper
11-21-2005, 07:28 PM
There is a rumor going around that all my cats might just happen to look alike. I need to defend my tabby honor and deny those rumors. Here's irrefutable proof that my tabbies are obviously nothing alike.....

They certainly don't have the same posture ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/triplets2.jpg

And they are not the same color :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/triplets1.jpg

And they don't have the same body language :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/triplets3.jpg

And they most definately have different views on how to attack their toys :p ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/triplets-withoutone.jpg

I got a cool little gift package in the mail today from Kay. I had hoped to wait til tomorrow to share the contents with the gang so I could do the package justice in natural daylight but Pouncer decided to investigate the package for himself and found that cool new toy. Did you notice the toy is STRIPED? ;) THANKS KAY!

PS: I still plan on the great unveiling of the package tomorrow - there's oodles of good stuff in there!

kimlovescats
11-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Absolutely, unbelievably PRECIOUS, Kim! :D I haven't a clue who is who in your pictures either.... how about an identifying post?

You know I was just thinking how much all of my tabby girls are starting to look alike too as they get older and closer to the same size! Don't ya just love 'em!? ;)

Kim

momcat
11-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh Kim, what an adorable trio of tabbys! Quite honestly, I don't know who's who but except for their stripes they don't look all that much alike. Have fun with all your new toys there, sweet kitties!

catmandu
11-21-2005, 07:44 PM
There are some pretty obvious differences in shade,and they are a real trio of Beauties.
They are the best of the Tabby Breed,with a gorgeous blend of colorings.

jenluckenbach
11-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Pouncer is in the middle.

Flutter is in the foreground (the right side of the photo)

And Abby is to the left side of the photo (Very gorgeous stripes she has developed)

Now if I only knew my left from my right. :confused: :D

G535
11-21-2005, 08:32 PM
A terrific tabby trio! :)

Soapets
11-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Great pictures! :) They certainly are beautiful! :) Can't EVERYBODY tell them apart? :confused: :D

Deb

catnapper
11-22-2005, 07:50 AM
LOL.... I love my brown tabbies, and I can forsee at least one more brown tabby joining the troop some day (a long, long time from now!)

Now, the differences really ARE apparent! Abby is the one sitting all prissy and prim. She is also up higher and off the same level as Pouncer. This gives her an advantage to get away should he decide to turn and torment her.

Flutter obviously is the smallest one, and her little half leg is hanging off the side of the scratching post. We have a vet appointment tomorrow to see once and for all if the leg needs amputation. I think its going to need to be amputated - the bone is growing longer and stretching the scared skin, I am actually afraid one day the bone will pop through the skin! :eek:

Pouncer, well, he's easy to tell right now because of the blue cast :D I also think he looks more masculine than the other two.... if cats have a masculine look! :D :p

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Can you believe that I didn't even notice Pouncer's cast in those photos! :D I thought I was looking so carefully too! I often can't tell Abby and Pouncer apart if the picture just shows one of them. It's a little easier when they are together.

smokey the elder
11-22-2005, 09:12 AM
If Flutter needs to have her leg amputated, it's not the end of the world. Smokey the Elder had her leg amputated because of cancer; she adapted very well to tripod-hood, and she was old (in her teens.)

What gorgeous striped kitties!

sirrahbed
11-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Funny pictures Kim!! Now that you pointed out a few clues - I can see small them, but they sure DO look alike!!

That brown tabby look is just so.....classic, ya know?? :D

Mad Mags Moo
11-22-2005, 09:42 AM
WOW!!! Great photos Kim! :D Love all your tabby cats!!!

Laura's Babies
11-22-2005, 09:46 AM
What a beautiful sight 3 tabbies make! They are so cute looking up like that. Those pictures show the beauty of tabbies in it's fulliest! Who cares if you are crazy about tabbies, we all are too! (Least I am since I have 2 tabby and white)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Can you believe that I didn't even notice Pouncer's cast in those photos! :D

Me either!!! :eek: Guess I wouldn't make a very good trained observer. :rolleyes:

I was able to pick Abby out because she is a little more "marbled" than Pouncer and Flutter. But the only way I was able to tell which was Pouncer was to notice poor little Flutter's leg hanging off to the side. Now....how did I notice that and completely miss Pouncer's cast I'll never know. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Felix
11-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh ..cuteness overload!! :D I dont find them a bit similar ;) :p

Donnaj4962
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
What great beauties you have! They look to be having loads of fun playing. They do look similiar, but once you pointed out the differences, I took a better look and could tell them apart! I love tabbies so much that I named one of my girls "Tabby" (short for Tabitha). :D

Kfamr
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm glad they enjoyed their new toy. That's Orion's favorite.
I almost missed this post, couldn't find it!

MUST see pictures of Nicki enjoying herself in DG. :D

Barbara
11-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Of course cats can have a masculine look :D Look at Sara's Eddie or Tigris!

But I still couldn't tell the difference between your 3. At least not on these cute pics :)

lvpets2002
11-23-2005, 03:50 PM
;) How all of the babies are just so adorable..

furrykidsmother
11-23-2005, 06:29 PM
What sweet little babies! They are all beautiful!