PDA

View Full Version : How do you worm your dog?

vinjashira
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
A piece of cheese always works for me.

I just wormed Snowy yesterday. I put the tablet inside a small piece of cheese and Snowy just swallowed the whole thing without any suspicions :D

what works for you?

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-21-2005, 07:09 PM
To give Tango any sort of pill I ahve to put it down her throat, if I put it in anything (like cheese) she'll eat the cheese and spit the pill out somehow. The Dobes pretty much inhale any sort of treat they get so it's easy to put something in cheese for them because they don't notive anything different.

LuvGold00
11-21-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't do pills, I worm the puppies & Mom with Strongid, which is a liquid. And the others with Panacur which is a powder I add to their food.

new mom to a veiled
11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Thor gets the pill kind, and I use cheese or bread....no probs!!!
Tyson gets the liquid, so I just shoot it in his mouth.....

vinjashira
11-22-2005, 02:47 AM
I don't do pills, I worm the puppies & Mom with Strongid, which is a liquid. And the others with Panacur which is a powder I add to their food.
Snowy had panacur too when she was a puppy but the vet later recomended the pill which I find easier to give because I feed her kibbles.

elizabethann
11-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Luckily, Fenway will eat his pill like it's a snack. I've never had a problem with giving it to him.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Anytime my any of my dogs need a pill I give it to them in cream cheese. They usually can figure out how to spit it out of regular cheese, but cream cheese seems to work better with them.

As for my cats I just shove it down their throat.

lv4dogs
11-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Sometimes my dogs can be sly & pick the treat out around the pill. I never know when they will act out that way so to be on the safe side I always give them the pill directly. I put it in their mouths & make them swallow. Of course they get a BIG treat after! They don't mind having it done either. They are such good dogs!
I try to deworm with strongid or panacur, but sometimes if all they have or all I suspect is just tapeworms then they get drontal which is a pill.