kimlovescats
11-21-2005, 10:20 PM
A favorite of mine that is super simple:

1 bag of cranberries
1 orange
1 apple
1 cup of sugar
Put all in food processor ~ pulverize

Hey, I think I can handle that one! :D It sounds interesting ... what is it? Is it sort of the consistency of applesauce?

Kim

Laura's Babies
11-21-2005, 11:02 PM
I got a sore finger and not able to type without a lot of type-o's but I will stal any here that look good! <<<<corrections made before posting.

joycenalex
11-22-2005, 06:25 AM
make jiffy cornbread mix according to box directions, when totally cool, crumble into large bowl. set aside. brown 1# kroger brand sausage, drain very well, fry 1/2 c onions, 1/2 c celery in sausage grease till soft, then drain. mix meat, veggies and cornbread along with 1T poultry seasoning (or sage and thyme) into cornbread, moisten if needed with chicken broth, stuff into 5# chicken cavity. any extra into greased casserole dish to bake along side chicken.
a basic easy recipie!

K & L
11-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey, I think I can handle that one! :D It sounds interesting ... what is it? Is it sort of the consistency of applesauce?

Kim

Hi Kim
Yes, probably a little thicker. It's cranberry relish, and DELICIOUS!

kuhio98
11-22-2005, 09:05 AM
A favorite of mine that is super simple:

1 bag of cranberries
1 orange
1 apple
1 cup of sugar
Put all in food processor ~ pulverize
This is probably a stupid question, but do you peel the orange first? The reason I ask is someone recently sent me an orange cake recipe where you boil the entire orange (in the peel) and then pulverize it for the cake batter.

K & L
11-22-2005, 01:37 PM
This is probably a stupid questions, but do you peel the orange first? The reason I ask is someone recently sent me an orange cake recipe where you boil the entire orange (in the peel) and then pulverize it for the cake batter.

Yes I peel the orange but not the apple.

kimlovescats
11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Yes I peel the orange but not the apple.

I was wondering about the "skins" on the cranberries ... I suppose they stay as well.... good thing, cuz I don't know how in the world you would get them off! LOL! :rolleyes:

JenBKR
11-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Yummy yummy! All sounds good! Here's mine:

Sweet Potatoes
3 Cups Sweet Potatoes, cooked, and Mashed
l Cup Sugar
l Stick butter or Margarine
l Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Eggs
Mix altogether, and put in a greased casserole

Topping
l Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Butter or Margarine
l Cup Chopped Nuts
Mix all of this put on top of Potatoes and Bake for
45 minutes at 350

wolf_Q
11-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Pumpkin cake

Bottom:
1/2 cup melted butter/margerine
1 egg
All but one cup of yellow cake mix (reserve one cup for the topping)
Blend together and spread in 9x13 greased pan.

Middle:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 2/3 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup canned pumkin (15 oz can)
Mix together and spread over bottom layer in pan.

Top:
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter/margerine
Mix until crumbly then sprinkle on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Serve with cool whip.

I haven't had this in a long time but I remember liking it a lot. I'm going to make it tomorrow, hopefully it turns out. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
My two favorites. I always hope for leftovers as they are soooo good reheated...

Indiana Sweet Corn Pudding
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
7 large eggs
4 cans creamed corn
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons each baking powder, kosher salt, ground pepper
6 ears uncooked corn, kernels removed (I use a big bag of frozen corn)
6 green onions, split lengthwise, thinly sliced

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter & sugar in bowl with electric beater. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add creamed corn, flour baking powder, salt, pepper. Mix. Stir in corn and green onions. Pour into two greased 8-inch square baking dishes or one 13x9 inch baking dish.

Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean...about 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Scalloped Pineapple
6 slices of white bread cubed (I use french bread)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 and 1/2 cups pineapple chunks

Soake the cubed bread in the milk & set aside. Cream eggs, sugar & butter well. Add to bread mixture. Stir in pineapple. Put in greased casserole and bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.

Finally....invite me over for dinner.... :D ;) :D

K & L
11-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh gosh, all these sound simply delicious and is making me VERY hungry! :D I just love seeing everyone's favorites and getting all kinds of new ideas. Thanks!

cyber-sibes
11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
These sound sooo yummy! This is the way my Mom & Dad used to make their stuffing - very good with gravy!

Mom's Stuffing
1 lb. gr. beef
1 lb. sausage
1 giant-size loaf of sandwich bread
1 large onion, minced
1/2 to 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
(add a litle extra sage if you like it)
salt and pepper
water - add a little at a time

Lightly toast the bread in the oven, cut into cubes.
Mix everything into a large bowl and add a little water at a time, mix by hand until it's mushy (should not be crumbly or gooey). Stuff turkey, or place in casserole dish, cover & bake at 350 for an hour or so.

poofy
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
My two favorites. I always hope for leftovers as they are soooo good reheated...

Indiana Sweet Corn Pudding
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
7 large eggs
4 cans creamed corn
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons each baking powder, kosher salt, ground pepper
6 ears uncooked corn, kernels removed (I use a big bag of frozen corn)
6 green onions, split lengthwise, thinly sliced

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter & sugar in bowl with electric beater. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add creamed corn, flour baking powder, salt, pepper. Mix. Stir in corn and green onions. Pour into two greased 8-inch square baking dishes or one 13x9 inch baking dish.

Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean...about 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Scalloped Pineapple
6 slices of white bread cubed (I use french bread)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 and 1/2 cups pineapple chunks

Soake the cubed bread in the milk & set aside. Cream eggs, sugar & butter well. Add to bread mixture. Stir in pineapple. Put in greased casserole and bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.

Finally....invite me over for dinner.... :D ;) :D
Oh i have to save these along with some others , I dont cook ,but I get my sister to do it..lol..yum,yum.. :D