PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for 11 year old neice.

beeniesmom
11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
During the Thanksgiving family gathering I will get to see my neice who is 11 years old. I would like to get her a few gifts but don't really know her that well. I am not in great contact with the parents either so I don't want to ask them. Does anyone here have daughters of similar/same age and what kinds of stuff do they like? What kind of music etc...
:)
thanks for any help.

lv4dogs
11-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I have an 11 year old neice too! Sorry but I am of no help though. My neice is very picky & very spoiled. lol If you happen to get her something she doesn't already have she probably won't use it. lol She saves her money (doesn't spend it) and looses gift cards. lol

caseysmom
11-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I have a 13 and 14 year old so they are a bit old I am not quite sure what an eleven year old is into. My kids love gift cards but if you would rather give a gift maybe something for her room? Its really hard when you don't know her tastes real well.

caseysmom
11-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I have a few ideas, it seemed like my girls liked toe socks at that age and slippers those are fun things for this time of year.

clarebear
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
How about stationery??? I loved that when I was her age and I still do LOL :D

jackie
11-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Slippers or toe socks are a great idea.

A little gift set from the body shop (like bubble bath, a loofa, and a sparkly soap), a gift certificate for a CD or for the movie theatre, a nice notebook with a matching pen, stationary, a silver necklace or bracelet...

jackie
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I just had a quick peek around and saw theselights (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-5093364-6943350?asin=B0002DJQGE&AFID=Gifts.com&ref=tgt_adv_XPND0030)

I even want them now! :p

Alysser
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I was 11 two years ago. I'm not into that stuff now thoug. Maybe a shirt or some nice pants. PJ's,slippers,CDs,a nice DVD. There are so many things to get! :eek:

clarebear
11-21-2005, 04:58 PM
I just had a quick peek around and saw theselights (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-5093364-6943350?asin=B0002DJQGE&AFID=Gifts.com&ref=tgt_adv_XPND0030)

I even want them now! :p

We dont grow up do we? LOL I still love to colour! LOL

beeniesmom
11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Thank you everyone.
I have a lot of good ideas now. :)
Off shopping tomorrow after work.

clarebear
11-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Thank you everyone.
I have a lot of good ideas now. :)
Off shopping tomorrow after work.

Just curious, what did you get her? ;)

gini
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
A little late, but another idea is jewelry. Does she have her ears pierced?

If she is into jewelry - then maybe a jewelry box.

What kind of animals does she like. Is she interested in horses? A lot of girls at that age are - so maybe a nice horse poster for her room - or other horse items - puppies and kitties too.

beeniesmom
11-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Just curious, what did you get her? ;)

Well, I got her a pretty purple chenille sweater, a cute T-shirt with wild horses on it, a pair of sand dollar shaped earrings and a little packet of hair accessories. I wrapped it all up in one big box with a purple bow on it. I haven't given it to her yet. I thought I was going to see her this long weekend but that didn't happen. I will probably mail it to her soon.
Thanks for all your help!

beeniesmom
11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
A little late, but another idea is jewelry. Does she have her ears pierced?

If she is into jewelry - then maybe a jewelry box.

What kind of animals does she like. Is she interested in horses? A lot of girls at that age are - so maybe a nice horse poster for her room - or other horse items - puppies and kitties too.

YES, I got her a pair of earrings and a horse t shirt! :) and other things.

clarebear
11-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, I got her a pretty purple chenille sweater, a cute T-shirt with wild horses on it, a pair of sand dollar shaped earrings and a little packet of hair accessories. I wrapped it all up in one big box with a purple bow on it. I haven't given it to her yet. I thought I was going to see her this long weekend but that didn't happen. I will probably mail it to her soon.
Thanks for all your help!

She is so spoiled! what a nice aunt you are! ;)

gini
11-26-2005, 11:48 PM
An Aunt can never spoil a child too much! Speaking from direct experience here - ha ha.

Your presents sound absolutely perfect - and even though you may never get to know EXACTLY how she feels................she is going to love you to pieces for your thoughtfulness and thinking just of HER.

Even though these are material things - she is going to feel the love in each and every package. Trust me - I have an eleven year old niece that I just love to pieces. And this is what Aunts are for!!